IGNORED

Gj - Judge Me At The End Of The Season

Abraham Romanovich

Thanks for taking more swipes at Gary Johnson. Can you answer the question now please?

It doesn't matter who the manager is. If whoever was serving up the same uninspring stuff week in week out and had a similiar record over 78 games then I'd be saying exactly the same thing.

Managers can stay at a club too long in some cases and that applies in Johnsons case at City.

It doesn't matter who the manager is. If whoever was serving up the same uninspring stuff week in week out and had a similiar record over 78 games then I'd be saying exactly the same thing.

Managers can stay at a club too long in some cases and that applies in Johnsons case at City.

Man U fans were saying the same thing about Ferguson after 3 years as manager. They even had a banner up at the ground saying it was crap and he should go.

They were wrong. Ever thought you might be?

No I do not agree with this statement, RR. Why are you so insistant that GJ be ousted from his post? Are the two of you perhaps mortal enemies? Do you have his face on a dartboard, because I bet he has a picture of you on his dartboard!!!

You stated GJ has taken us backwards, but when you consider the fact we have merely dropped out of the previous high level of form he himself engineered for us, I feel it is very harsh to criticise him for this. I also believe that if GJ was actually taking us backwards then we should be about to plummet into league 2 - which would be backwards compared to the position we were at pre GJ.

Man U fans were saying the same thing about Ferguson after 3 years as manager. They even had a banner up at the ground saying it was crap and he should go.

That'll be a no then!

Ever thought even YOU might be???

it seems to me that you and "galley is our king" are acting like a pair of bullies waiting for every post from Robbored and then pouncing at every opportunity.

Johnson has been in post at City almost 4.5 years and has taken the club backwards in the last two seasons.

I'm amazed that some people can't seem to accept that Johnson has achieved all he can at City. This is not a personal vendetta as some people think but based on evidence as earlier posted #49 in this thread. Hard facts that are undeniable.

Ever thought even YOU might be???

it seems to me that you and "galley is our king" are acting like a pair of bullies waiting for every post from Robbored and then pouncing at every opportunity.

True, and in fact its quite sad really that whenever RR makes a comment in general nowadays at least 4 or 5 people seem almost permanently perched behind there computer screens ready to pounce

I dont agree necessarily with what he has to say all of the time but it seems that some people on here are obsessed with the man, i saw a comment on here the other day which actually made me laugh out loud, somebody in the Dolman was actually watching/spying (or whatever you want to call it) on him when City scored to see if he was celebrating or not.

Some people need to get a life.

Johnson has been in post at City almost 4.5 years and has taken the club backwards in the last two seasons.

I'm amazed that some people can't seem to accept that Johnson has achieved all he can at City. This is not a personal vendetta as some people think but based on evidence as earlier posted #49 in this thread. Hard facts that are undeniable.

Hard facts prove that he is the most sucessful manager since AD. The fact is you have a vendetta as shown on countless occasions commencing with your 'conference manager' jibe four years ago. I don't know why you keep insisting it's nothing personal, laughable.

People don't accept it because its not fact that he's taken us as far as he can its your opinion which is coloured by the fact you hate him and cant wait to shove him out of the door. You wanted him out last time we had a bad run and you want him out again now you can smell blood again. Change your signature because you have no stomach for a fight at all.

You've already said you will be a happy bunny when Johnson leaves. For that to happen City have to lose games so the fact is you want City to lose to make you a happy bunny, because the two things are directly linked.

People don't accept it because its not fact that he's taken us as far as he can its your opinion which is coloured by the fact you hate him and cant wait to shove him out of the door. You wanted him out last time we had a bad run and you want him out again now you can smell blood again. Change your signature because you have no stomach for a fight at all.

You've already said you will be a happy bunny when Johnson leaves. For that to happen City have to lose games so the fact is you want City to lose to make you a happy bunny, because the two things are directly linked.

If Johnson was able to take the club forward, don't you think we would have seen some improvement by now? After last seasons disapointment you would have expected to see a better showing this season. Over the summer Johnson strengthened appropriately and on paper things looked promising. I'm sure most of us were looking forward to a season up and around the play-off area's.

But what happened?

Johnson, despite having a stronger squad, didn't learn and did exactly what he'd done the season before. Same tactics, same style and guess what? same results.

If anything (with the odd exception) this season performances have been worse than last and yet almost everyone agrees that Johnson has greater resources at his disposal but he still can't get it right. We've seen glimpes of what this squad is capable of. The first 45 mins against QPR earlier in the season and the win at AG against Boro but there has been no consistency. City played well on Sunday but hands on heart who really expects another good performances at Portman Road on Saturday? City's record shows under Johnson that they can't put two good performances together. A good win at Leicester followed by a loss at Donny and 6 games before another win highlights that perfectly.

I have no idea what Johnson does/says to the players after a decent win but he must be doing something wrong. Why else can't they string together a series of good performances?

If Johnson was able to take the club forward, don't you think we would have seen some improvement by now? After last seasons disapointment you would have expected to see a better showing this season. Over the summer Johnson strengthened appropriately and on paper things looked promising. I'm sure most of us were looking forward to a season up and around the play-off area's.

But what happened?

Johnson, despite having a stronger squad, didn't learn and did exactly what he'd done the season before. Same tactics, same style and guess what? same results.

If anything (with the odd exception) this season performances have been worse than last and yet almost everyone agrees that Johnson has greater resources at his disposal but he still can't get it right. We've seen glimpes of what this squad is capable of. The first 45 mins against QPR earlier in the season and the win at AG against Boro but there has been no consistency. City played well on Sunday but hands on heart who really expects another good performances at Portman Road on Saturday? City's record shows under Johnson that they can't put two good performances together. A good win at Leicester followed by a loss at Donny and 6 games before another win highlights that perfectly.

I have no idea what Johnson does/says to the players after a decent win but he must be doing something wrong. Why else can't they string together a series of good performances?

And we would be in and around the playoffs but for the habit of letting in late goals. So your saying we should sack a manager whose done very well for us because of a few last minute goals this season.

No denial that you want City to lose to make you a happy bunny though. As I thought - vendetta.

And we would be in and around the playoffs but for the habit of letting in late goals. So your saying we should sack a manager whose done very well for us because of a few last minute goals this season.

No denial that you want City to lose to make you a happy bunny though. As I thought - vendetta.

So, according to you City would be in the play-off places if they hadn't conceded so many late goals? What kind on arguement is that? A game continues to the final whistle. I would also put it to you that if Johnson hadn't made several pointless late substitutions thereby minimising added on time some of those late goals may have been avoided. Its swings and roundabouts.

I have made several reasoned and factual points to you and yet you have not responded in a constructive way. Almost every reply you simply say that I have a vendetta and that I want City to lose so that Johnson would get the sack. That is a ridiculous position to take and I wish you would actually argue against what I'm saying as you obviously disagree wih me.

Let me ask you this. Why do you think I'm wrong?

So, according to you City would be in the play-off places if they hadn't conceded so many late goals? What kind on arguement is that? A game continues to the final whistle. I would also put it to you that if Johnson hadn't made several pointless late substitutions thereby minimising added on time some of those late goals may have been avoided. Its swings and roundabouts.

I have made several reasoned and factual points to you and yet you have not responded in a constructive way. Almost every reply you simply say that I have a vendetta and that I want City to lose so that Johnson would get the sack. That is a ridiculous position to take and I wish you would actually argue against what I'm saying as you obviously disagree wih me.

Let me ask you this. Why do you think I'm wrong?

its the kind of argument that shows how close we are to getting the results you want - ones that would see us in the playoffs or around them. Its fractions not a country mile as you suggest and not proof that a manager is way out of his depth which you keep saying he is.

Your wrong because you want to sack a manager who has all but achieved what you have asked. You want us around the playoffs which we almost are. Had we held on against Leicester we would be 10th with a game in hand over Blackpool and Middlesborough. That is how close we are to being around the playoffs which is where you say we should expect to be. Yet you want to sack him.

You want to rip up everything the manager has built in the hope that someone new (who?) will be better when what we have is pretty good and you dont know it would be better. Not perfect not brilliant but certainly not so bad that its worth throwing it all away on a complete gamble just because the team has thrown away a few last minute leads this season.

Its not a ridiculous position. You want Johnson out and it wil lmake you a happy bunny. For that to happen City have to fail. So you'll be a happy bunny when or if City fail.

I notice this forum has become very boring over the last couple of months, I am one of those who after watching City for over 55 years has found the last two seasons tedious to watch.

People who seem to go against the Official Thought Police get slatted; I am sure WE ALL HAVE BRISTOL CITY AT HEART.

Why can't we have a reasoned debate?

This Forum has become poorer for it.

Yep. Totally agree. the handful of childish, non-fact based arguments churning up people is totally childish. It is getting to be a boring forum. disapointed2se.gif

I notice this forum has become very boring over the last couple of months, I am one of those who after watching City for over 55 years has found the last two seasons tedious to watch.

People who seem to go against the Official Thought Police get slatted; I am sure WE ALL HAVE BRISTOL CITY AT HEART.

Why can't we have a reasoned debate?

This Forum has become poorer for it.

Reasoned debate is fine in my book but vendetta's and agenda's that would harm the club WE both love is out of order. I would NOT want Robbored banned as he does a better job of making himself look a tool than I ever could!

Reasoned debate is fine in my book but vendetta's and agenda's that would harm the club WE both love is out of order. I would NOT want Robbored banned as he does a better job of making himself look a tool than I ever could!

Now your starting to look ridiculous. Give it a rest.

its the kind of argument that shows how close we are to getting the results you want - ones that would see us in the playoffs or around them. Its fractions not a country mile as you suggest and not proof that a manager is way out of his depth which you keep saying he is.

Your wrong because you want to sack a manager who has all but achieved what you have asked. You want us around the playoffs which we almost are. Had we held on against Leicester we would be 10th with a game in hand over Blackpool and Middlesborough. That is how close we are to being around the playoffs which is where you say we should expect to be. Yet you want to sack him.

You want to rip up everything the manager has built in the hope that someone new (who?) will be better when what we have is pretty good and you dont know it would be better. Not perfect not brilliant but certainly not so bad that its worth throwing it all away on a complete gamble just because the team has thrown away a few last minute leads this season.

Its not a ridiculous position. You want Johnson out and it wil lmake you a happy bunny. For that to happen City have to fail. So you'll be a happy bunny when or if City fail.

You started off very well and I began to enjoy this post but then you have to spoil things by returning to the same old response. sleeping.gif

Shame, because for a moment I thought you might have something worth while to say.

You started off very well and I began to enjoy this post but then you have to spoil things by returning to the same old response. sleeping.gif

Shame, because for a moment I thought you might have something worth while to say.

Thats a good attempt to deflect from the fact you have no answer to my points.

Thats a good attempt to deflect from the fact you have no answer to my points.

Your points are based 'if only' and 'nearly'. If you bought a Lotto ticket and got two numbers you 'nearly' won a tenner but you didn't. If your horse came second in a photo finish it still came second and you didn't win.

You seem think that if it wasn't for the number of late goals conceded we'd be higher up the league. Well, of course we would but were are not. Doesn't matter when you concede.

Another question - Can you honestly say that you've been entertained by Johnsons teams this and last season? Sure the odd decent game but by and large its been pretty awfull. Whats your view?

Your points are based 'if only' and 'nearly'. If you bought a Lotto ticket and got two numbers you 'nearly' won a tenner but you didn't. If your horse came second in a photo finish it still came second and you didn't win.

You seem think that if it wasn't for the number of late goals conceded we'd be higher up the league. Well, of course we would but were are not. Doesn't matter when you concede.

Another question - Can you honestly say that you've been entertained by Johnsons teams this and last season? Sure the odd decent game but by and large its been pretty awfull. Whats your view?

As long as we don't get relegated I'm happy! I quite enjoy the Championship and am pleased with the progress made in the 2 and a bit seasons we have been out of League 1, long may it continue with GJ at the helm. ALWAYS BELIEVE

As long as we don't get relegated I'm happy! I quite enjoy the Championship and am pleased with the progress made in the 2 and a bit seasons we have been out of League 1, long may it continue with GJ at the helm. ALWAYS BELIEVE

Obviously I don't want to see City relegated back to the lower division but imo that a distinct posibility with Johnson at the helm. You say progress in the 2 and a bit seasons since City reached the Championship and I'd like to know what you call 'progress'.

If you call a fourth place followed by a 10th place progess then mabe you don't know the meaning of the word. To me 4th to 10th is regression and its anyones guess where City will finish this season.

If Johnson stays at City next season it will be more of the same and I have had enough of dull, dreary and unexciting football. Time for a new manager with fresh idea's and different motivational style. I'll bet that a new manager would get more out of the current squad that Johnson has.

Archived