IGNORED

Stats Don't Lie...we Are Poor In Final 1/4 Of Season

headhunter

Its not just the stats though is it, lately the football has been dire no entertainment value at all! Why have we changed the way we play this season everybody knows how they like to see city play and its not happening and the buck im afraid stops with the manager he sold mcindoe for what ever reason and failed to replace him, surely you line up a replacement before you sell you wouldnt sell your house without lining up somewhere else to live would you! All we seem to do is stop other teams playing which in turn stops us from playing its got to stop or maybe we could be dragged into an end of season battle im not saying he has to go but surely something has to change soon we cant carry on like this can we!

Your first paragraph is depressingly accurate, I'm afraid, with the qualification that I went to the same pub and had a laugh with the same guys beforehand, which (like a lot of other people here) is the only bit I'm currently enjoying and the one thing that keeps me turning up. Well, that and the fact that I paid £570 up front at the end of last season for the privelege.

And on that subject (and this comment sahould probably go on another thread), not only am I being asked to renew for next season earlier and earlier each year, but I am also getting a £30 price hike as a reward for my loyalty in the face of near-terminal boredom. After nearly fifty years of supporting the club and decades of being a season ticket holder (so you can hardly accuse me of being a quitter), I am seriously asking myself if I'm prepared to cough up. And it seems I'm not the only one. SL should be worried if people like me are hesitating.

I wont be renewing, partly because i cant afford to and i am sick of walking out of the ground more angry than when i walked in.

My 35 years doesnt compare with your 50 but the club may need to take notice of the fact there most loyal support has just about had enough.

I am more than happy with mid table, i dont expect more, but i cant except the drab boring stuff i have had to endure for the last 18 months.

My 2 sons are S/T holders so they wont go. Infanct where i work there are 5 adult ST holders with 6 under 16 ST in there familys.

Theres 11 ST holders in total that wont be renewing, the main reason £500 plus is not available to watch the dire football under GJ.

Someone should send these comments into the club. It is a real worry when so many people are making the same statement over and over again particularly when people have been supporting the club for half a century and are totally dissatissfied.

I have yet to talk to a city fan face to face who does not think that Johnson should go and who does not think it is a chore going to Ashton Gate and who is relishing another season of the same.

There appear to be a handful on here who think everything is OK, but do they exist in the 'real' world??

Just for the record, I have never argued that Johnson should go and it wasn't my intention to enter into that particular debate. My remarks were partly made as a contribution to the rapidly-mounting volume of opinion about the kind of football we play, in the hope that it will, along with falling attendances, convince the manager that he must modify his approach. I think there have been signs that this is getting through. GJ has on occasion seemed pretty rattled by the criticism and, whilst I wish it wasn't necessary for us all to be on his case so much, the reality is people feel they are paying good money to be bored witless.

Personally, I am also motivated by my irritation at the fact that those of us who pay top dollar for our seats have again been hit by a price hike when other prices are being held. As I've said before elsewhere, I only find myself sitting in the posh seats because a group of us were effectively evicted from our old seats, not once but twice, intially when Scott Davidson enlarged the Directors Box to accommodate his corporate mates, and yet again when CS created the "Premier Seating" section, forcing us to move a second time. Any business that treats its customers that way runs the risk of losing them, as we told the CEO to his face when we went to see him about it at the time (so I'm not simply hiding behind my anonymity on here). I am one of a group of eight who represent, at the proposed renewal prices, getting on for £5,000 worth of revenue that I would have thought they can ill afford to lose.

Something has to change, though personally I would rather it isn't the manager, not because of my unqualified admiration of him (anyone who reads my posts will know I had mixed feelings about his style long before the current groundswell of antipathy got going), but because I agree with the chairman's position on stability and continuity. That said, I think GJ faces, between now and the end of the season, the most testing time he's had since his frist few months in the job and I'm sure the chairman will be monitoring ST renewals closely as a barometer of supporter opinion. Interesting times (though sadly, not on the field).

Archived