IGNORED

Spoiled Supporters

foghornred

city.gif All of this talk about us not doing well and sacking the manager makes me think that we have been spoiled lets just think where we were a few years ago.

This could be the first losing season (lose more than win) for over ten years,do you remember the last time we won promotion to the championship and relegation was confirmed at Watford in the same season ?

This time when we went up most supporters just hoped that we stayed up but we did far better and got to the play off final,this has worked against the team as now the supporters seem to expect that every season.

We are the sixth most successful team in the last 10 years (only the big 4 and Reading have earned more points)that means that 86 team have been worse than us, yet we have had several managers in that time but the successful ones have stayed a while and not been sacked when things go wrong.

We are mid table in the championship which a few years ago we dreamed of,so don't panic and keep the faith.

What happened to 'WE ALWAYS BELIEVE' or did that go with Basso ?

city.gif All of this talk about us not doing well and sacking the manager makes me think that we have been spoiled lets just think where we were a few years ago.

This could be the first losing season (lose more than win) for over ten years,do you remember the last time we won promotion to the championship and relegation was confirmed at Watford in the same season ?

This time when we went up most supporters just hoped that we stayed up but we did far better and got to the play off final,this has worked against the team as now the supporters seem to expect that every season.

We are the sixth most successful team in the last 10 years (only the big 4 and Reading have earned more points)that means that 86 team have been worse than us, yet we have had several managers in that time but the successful ones have stayed a while and not been sacked when things go wrong.

We are mid table in the championship which a few years ago we dreamed of,so don't panic and keep the faith.

What we are is ONLY FIVE POINTS from relegation at present. You spin things how you like mate. Tonight is not the night to argue.

I was going to write something but best I wait 24 hours...

What happened to we are aiming for a top two finish, oh - hold one - we are aiming for a top 6 finish....

Spoilt?............

You need to stop clutching at those straws...

Johnson DID get us promoted from League One - but if he stays, we could end up back there. back to square one and bye bye new stadium

Wake up and look at whats happening infront of you. We are 5 points off of relegation, we have been playing shit for 18 months. I don't care where we were a few years ago it's more about where we are now. Slowly we are heading back to where we came from unless we act. Are you seriously trying to say that the way we have been playing is good. This always believe shite really bugs me aswell. We don't always believe and using that as an excuse for not watching what is being put infront of us is laughable. How can you always believe when everything has been shit for 18 months.

Well (& bravely) said. Now is the time to get behind the team.

Who gives a flying **** where we were a few years ago, open your bleedin eyes, we are where we are? 5 bloody points of the relegation place, 3 goals in the last six games

Last 42 league games

P42 W10 D18 L14 F46 A57 PTS 48 PTS AVL 126 38%

What does it tell you?

Well (& bravely) said. Now is the time to get behind the team.

People have been getting behind the team and still results are poor. Apart from Cardiff, which was 100% deserved, when have supporters "turned" on the team? The supporters are NOT to blame here - that is straw clutching of the highest order.

We all need to get behind the team but we're in big trouble, no doubt about that.

How anyone can fail to see that is beyond me, we're in total freefall. But we need to support more than ever now, because we've got a big fight on our hands. Adversity can bring out the best in us. COME ON CITY.

Wake up and look at whats happening infront of you. We are 5 points off of relegation, we have been playing shit for 18 months. I don't care where we were a few years ago it's more about where we are now. Slowly we are heading back to where we came from unless we act. Are you seriously trying to say that the way we have been playing is good. This always believe shite really bugs me aswell. We don't always believe and using that as an excuse for not watching what is being put infront of us is laughable. How can you always believe when everything has been shit for 18 months.

Couldn't of put it better.

What's more with the current wage structure and fans drifting away at an alarming rate we are we could be is big trouble playing league 1 footie again.

So we should re-live the time we were 92nd in the league just to prove how lucky we are??? Come on.

I stand to be corrected but as I see it nobody is expecting a top six finish every season (would be nice), but what epople are genuinely concerned about and no its not a witch hunt is that we have seen a massive slump in perofrmance from the end of last season and for the majority of this.

Johnson has had a pretty easy ride, he has controlled the media output quite cleverly in his time at the club and for the most part he has been given this licesnce becuase he in the view of most he has earnt it, but I'm sorry no amount of sentiment can hide whatis going on at the moment. He was asked by the Chairman how he would improve things after the Cardiff disaster and to be honest tonights effort really is not what was required or expected.

We can of course go on another six weeks but I'm far from convinced that we will see the required improvement. He has been a lucky manager during his time at City, Maynard getting a knock for instance on Saturday enabled Clarkeson to come on...are any of us really sure that change would have been made otherwise. I think his luck has run out and along with Millen he should go.

You spin things how you like mate - we are 6 points off of a playoff place.

I know how I'd rather approach life.

With perspective perhaps?

Given a run of 2 wins in 19 matches you would have to be spinning along the lines of the Iraqi Communication Minister to believe that promotion is still on. We have won NO matches in November, only one in December and one in January. We are yet to pick up a win against two mediocre sides in February and have much harder tests coming up. And yet I am supposed to believe that a play off place is awaiting us just a few months down the line. I apologise for failing to meet your standards of optimism.

People have been getting behind the team and still results are poor. Apart from Cardiff, which was 100% deserved, when have supporters "turned" on the team? The supporters are NOT to blame here - that is straw clutching of the highest order.

Did I say they'd turned on the team, Cardiff excepted ?

Atmosphere v Coventry was muted to say the least.

Are youaware of what is going on, on the pitch, it's a joke, GJ has had money and a reasonable amount of time, it's beyond his ability to turn this around, it's hopeless

all over the park, there is no cohesion between the players as no partnerships are being formed as he chops and changes every week, you do not succeed in that manner.

Thanks and goodbye, p45 in the post, no hard feelings, we move on.

Given a run of 2 wins in 19 matches you would have to be spinning along the lines of the Iraqi Communication Minister to believe that promotion is still on. We have won NO matches in November, only one in December and one in January. We are yet to pick up a win against two mediocre sides in February and have much harder tests coming up. And yet I am supposed to believe that a play off place is awaiting us just a few months down the line. I apologise for failing to meet your standards of optimism.

Bang on mate.

It tells me that you are manipulating stats.

Why 42 games ?

Why not 50 or 60 or 100 or 5 ?

It's bollocks mate.

No its not. 42 games is nearly a season and I'm not manipulating anything, you could do the last 5 if you want makes a worse read. How about 1 win in the last 10 at the end of the play-off final season, or 1 win in the last 14 at the end of last season.

Some of us have seen the writing on the wall for a long time but Mr Johnson was in credit, not anymore. The football is crap and goals are as rare as hen's teeth. Tatics are laughable

Why don't you go and find something that disproves my point from the last 2 seasons instead of sat there say what bollox it is?

"Now come on lads we are only 13th in the table!"(we were 10th on Friday)

"When we are 1 up we don't tell the players to sit back, it's the players fault"

"We have our list of transfer targets and when we cannot get the ones at the top of the list we go for what's left"

All pearls of wisdom from our leader on the radio Friday.

Being spoilt would be getting up on a Saturday morning excited about the prospect of going to a game.

Being spoilt would be coming away from games thinking "what a great shift those players put in today".

Being spoilt would be thinking "I can't wait to see our new signing turn out for us".

I'm not feeling very spoiled at the moment.

Getting promoted was being spoilt, but I didn't think that gave us a right to expect to get into the playoffs the next year.

Getting to the playoff final was being spoilt, but I didn't expect it every year.

Very few on here have complained about our position in the league until it seemed possible that we might get dragged into a relegation battle.

Because, to be honest, going to Walsall, and Leyton Orient, and Southend won't feel very much like being spoilt.

So...tell me we should give the manager more time, tell me we should get behind the team, tell me the path to success is winding and littered with obstacles. I might agree with you on all of that. But don't tell me, with the dross I'm watching week in week out, or as I try to work out the logic behind another change of formation and personnel, and thank my lucky stars that in the end I decided to drive home from London this evening rather than hanging around to go to Vicarage Road, that I'm spoilt.

Although my evening ironing whilst listening to the commentary probably was more fun than I'd have had if I'd gone to the game.

Being spoilt would be getting up on a Saturday morning excited about the prospect of going to a game.

Being spoilt would be coming away from games thinking "what a great shift those players put in today".

Being spoilt would be thinking "I can't wait to see our new signing turn out for us".

I'm not feeling very spoiled at the moment.

Getting promoted was being spoilt, but I didn't think that gave us a right to expect to get into the playoffs the next year.

Getting to the playoff final was being spoilt, but I didn't expect it every year.

Very few on here have complained about our position in the league until it seemed possible that we might get dragged into a relegation battle.

Because, to be honest, going to Walsall, and Leyton Orient, and Southend won't feel very much like being spoilt.

So...tell me we should give the manager more time, tell me we should get behind the team, tell me the path to success is winding and littered with obstacles. I might agree with you on all of that. But don't tell me, with the dross I'm watching week in week out, or as I try to work out the logic behind another change of formation and personnel, and thank my luck stars that in the end I decided to drive home from London this evening rather than hanging around to go to Vicarage Road, that I'm spoiled.

Although my evening ironing whilst listening to the commentary probably was more fun than I'd have had if I'd gone to the game.

What a sad post. Unfortunately I couldn't get away and even bought tickets for three workmates. Going to Walsall, Leyton Orient and Southend wasn't so bad when you knew that we had Murray and Brown on the wing.

5 points from relegation, 1 win in 9. the last three games I doubt we've created half a dozen chances, and scored ONE while leaking 9. worried. I should coco. Remember Wycombe away a few years ago, walloped 3-0 by the bottom side then? same shit, different manager, different season. not good enough

Always beleive? Did you watch the 1st half tonight. I suffered it, believe me in the top five worst ever performances, of the last 25 years......

Jut seen the other stat 2 wins in 19. Relegation form is that.....

What a sad post. Unfortunately I couldn't get away and even bought tickets for three workmates. Going to Walsall, Leyton Orient and Southend wasn't so bad when you knew that we had Murray and Brown on the wing.

To be fair, I've had some great days out at Walsall watching City (and some dreadful ones - David Kelly, anyone?). And at Bournemouth, and Oldham, and Carlisle, and losing at Colchester, and...and...and...

But I just didn't feel like being told I was spoilt after tonight and what has gone before it.

Unfortunately, the bit about not being able to convince myself to stay around London tonight to go to the game is true (and sad), whilst there have been plenty of times in the past when I've organised my diary to be able to watch City away.

5 points from relegation, 1 win in 9. the last three games I doubt we've created half a dozen chances, and scored ONE while leaking 9. worried. I should coco. Remember Wycombe away a few years ago, walloped 3-0 by the bottom side then? same shit, different manager, different season. not good enough

Always beleive? Did you watch the 1st half tonight. I suffered it, believe me in the top five worst ever performances, of the last 25 years......

Agree Bucks.

Incidentally - wasn't that 3-0 defeat the same game the Joe Burnell and Christian Roberts both "dived" in the penalty area at our end within seconds of eachother? Their efforts still bring a smile to my face!!!

Nice to see a happy clapper come out and face the music. Fair play. Of course we are in a stronger position now than 5 years ago, and that is in no small part thanks to Mr Lansdown and GJ. There is a lot to be said for consistency and an even handed approach to all events that happen. However, unfortunatly things have been going backwards at BCFC for the past 18 months and really if we remember that play off season we didn't finish very well then either. What we are seeing now on the pitch is pityful in style and results do not justify the means. We see a continual lack of idea in GJ's approach to tactic, or rather a lack of belief in his own tactics and the players in his employ. He has signed countless strikers none of whom can get a regular run of matches due to the fact they are continually chopped and changed. The lack of service has never truly been addressed as every 'creative' player has always been asked to perform out of position, how many players have we signed who are forwards who can 'do a job on the left'? And how many actually can do a job? A promising squad has been unhinged and unbalanced. We have some bright young players who are not being given any opportunities and whilst now isn't necessarily the time to throw them in at the deep end, a few appearances here and then when things were a little better would maybe have given the experience we need them to have with us. And lets face it, we would all be more on board with players like Akinde, Ribeiro, Henderson and Wilson actually in the team. Certainly rather than Agyemange, Saborio, Sno and Nyatanga cluttering the place up. Nicky Maynard is a striker of genuine ability and potential, but we are wasting him by giving no supply, how many tap ins has he got? All his goals have to be belters created by himself screaming in from 20 yards plus, they should be the bonus goals for a striker like him not the bulk of his goals. And where is the rest of the goals coming from in the team? We have some cracking players here, Hartley, Maynard, Skuse, Carey but they are wasted with the lack of belief being shown by Millen and Johnson. Whilst i agree a team should be tactically fluid i don't feel confident that we are fluid i feel Johnson is pin sticking and hoping his tactic will work. It isn't.

We are in serious danger of being sucked into the relagation battle and in this form we will not survive it, there is always a team who feel they will not be in any danger of going down who plummet like a stone and end up in the bottom 3 for the first time that season on the last day. It can happen - it does happen. And with a lack of discernable tactical nouse, a total lack of belief in the players he himself has bought and now indisipline displaying itself on the field (lots of bookings tonight) Mr Johnson has to go. Better to be remembered as doing a decent job initially than being vilified for ever for taking us back to where we started with him. That can happen, and it shouldn't.

This whole spoiled/raised expectations argument has been done to death and it isn't true. Nobody is expecting anything unrealistic there's just dissatisfaction at slowly going backwards which we are undeniably doing. The manager is the only one who can turn this around.

Brown ????

You've lost all credibility with that mate.

Total waste of space and a disruptive influence who isn't welcomed back by the club.

Delighted I had some credibility to lose!

Aaron Brown (on his day) had pace, intelligence (on the field) and a left foot. I suppose you are a fan of Grant Smith?

Archived