IGNORED

Notts County

CotswoldRed

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/notts_county/8511198.stm

It all seemed so different a few months ago. Money men (most) are selfishly ruining family clubs one by one. I feel for the NC fans, I really do.

"Sven-Goran Eriksson has resigned as director of football at Notts County following the club's takeover by former Lincoln City chairman Ray Trew. Trew has paid £1 to buy the club from chairman Peter Trembling but Notts have debts which total more than £1.5m. "

"The club risk being wound up by the High Court unless they settle a tax bill of more than £300,000."

http://news.bbc.co.u...nty/8511198.stm

It all seemed so different a few months ago. Money men (most) are selfishly ruining family clubs one by one. I feel for the NC fans, I really do.

"Sven-Goran Eriksson has resigned as director of football at Notts County following the club's takeover by former Lincoln City chairman Ray Trew. Trew has paid £1 to buy the club from chairman Peter Trembling but Notts have debts which total more than £1.5m. "

"The club risk being wound up by the High Court unless they settle a tax bill of more than £300,000."

And I suppose he's passed the fit and proper test!

I am becoming more and more convinced various foreigner have the answers to protect our footballing heritage. Either the American model of franchises with drafts and budget caps, or germanies trading limit or Barca where the fans own the club wit everybody having a say in th control and management of the club, or a mixture of all three, but I fear it is all going to end in tears!

Sven is staying on at Notts County though in "a non active capacity".

Is he paid for that?

More to the point, do City have any players who already fill such a role for us? rofl2br.gif

Probaly means still have to pay him as can't afford to settle his contract but not invovled in day to day footballing matters.

Archived