IGNORED

2 And A Half Seasons Of Shit Football

CityCiderEd

the, 'look where we were 4 years ago aint cutting it no more...

we are not pretty to watch, not scoring goals, and can't defend...why are people still backing johnson?

he has been found out a long time ago, no one goes into a match thinking we can win it

im a season ticket holder and love the man, but seriously, is the time up, its hard to get behind the bloke where there is no inspiration coing from tactics or team selection....'

2 and a half years of shit football is a bit harsh, I don't think it's been quite that bad. People still back him because they have the decency to give him time to turn it around as he has done so much for the club thus far.

I'm not turning my head to the bad performances, striker signings or bemusing tactics but I'm hoping he can turn it around and i'll make my mind up after the Doncaster game.

Like your signature 'Always believe'

2 and a half years of shit football is a bit harsh, I don't think it's been quite that bad.

I agree with you there; was it really that bad when we finished 4th and progressed to the play off final 2 seasons ago?

Last year City were again a strong team and finished nearer the top than the bottom, so the manager and players were presumably doing things right.

I'll go along with a half season as things seem to have gone wrong from October onwards. Remember the jubilant postings on this forum in September following vistories over the likes of M'boro' & Palace?

I agree with you there; was it really that bad when we finished 4th and progressed to the play off final 2 seasons ago?

Last year City were again a strong team and finished nearer the top than the bottom, so the manager and players were presumably doing things right.

I'll go along with a half season as things seem to have gone wrong from October onwards. Remember the jubilant postings on this forum in September following vistories over the likes of M'boro' & Palace?

The signs were there at the end of the first season.

Last season we were a totally average club because we hadn't strengthened the squad in the summer. We could beat the bottom half teams but not the top half teams.

This season we have been poor from word go. The jubilant postings after Palace were more to do with the Colin antics than anything else!

Fantastic revisionism now going on, that "shit" first season when we only made the play off final. Not strengthening afterwards? We spent £2m+ on a quality striker, actually.

The second half of last season wasn't great, but we still finished 10th, realistically about our station in life..

This season has been the problem, let's not lie to say anything different.

Fantastic revisionism now going on, that "shit" first season when we only made the play off final. Not strengthening afterwards? We spent £2m+ on a quality striker, actually.

The second half of last season wasn't great, but we still finished 10th, realistically about our station in life..

This season has been the problem, let's not lie to say anything different.

No revisionism & no one said it was a shit season; being wise after the event? Possibly, but why not analyse where it went wrong so you can learn from mistakes? The amount you pay does not determine whether a team is strengthened or not. A lot of people at the time commented that we paid absolute top whack for Maynard, and an unproven league 1 striker does not necessarily strengthen the team - as turned out to be the case.

The team was weak in many areas and all we did was move on a striker and get another one in. The first half of last season was worse than the start!

I think it's been fairly poor for a season and a half, and following the Reading game last season its been terrible. Although we started the season well we did get lucky, Palace were poor and of course we all know what happened there, we also scored in the most gifted of circumstances. However, it's been very poor since then, I can't remember many highlights/positives following the great win over Borough tbh!

A lot of people at the time commented that we paid absolute top whack for Maynard, and an unproven league 1 striker does not necessarily strengthen the team - as turned out to be the case.

Fact is Maynard has started 61 games and scored 21 times, replacing someone who got 8 for us, in a side that scores as few as we do that looks a pretty good record for a 23 year old to me.

Archived