IGNORED

Sven Goran

alandicks

Sven has been sounded out by an English club regarding his availablity.

Well, could it be us ?

He's sunk as low as League two so we would be a step in the right direction.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8514426.stm

Extremely interesting!!! And possibly not miles out of the question.... As we all know Lansdown is extremely financially sound and sven currently seems keen clubs with clear future ambitions, the fact that we have just gained the permission for our new stadium could be a determining factor?? Would definately be a great move if we could pull it off, also imagine the unimaginable if he were to become manager.....no....surely not..........its not possible......................A YOUNG PREMIER LEAGUE CLUB LOANEE???!!!!!!!!

Sven has been sounded out by an English club regarding his availablity.

Well, could it be us ?

He's sunk as low as League two so we would be a step in the right direction.

http://news.bbc.co.u...all/8514426.stm

Alan, I'd have you back here in some capacity if I had my way. Alan Dicks celebrating with the Coventry manager after keeping us up in the top flight of English football......:winner_third_h4h:....

Alan-Dicks-Bristol-Ci.jpg

Replacing a +50 with a +60 is hardly a positive move.

What's with your constant ageism? I'm sure you can back up your claim that people over 60 are worse managers than people over 50.

Anyway, as to Sven Goran: I'd rather chew off my own toes than have him as City manager. I think I'd seriously consider not going if he was in charge.

What's with your constant ageism? I'm sure you can back up your claim that people over 60 are worse managers than people over 50.

Anyway, as to Sven Goran: I'd rather chew off my own toes than have him as City manager. I think I'd seriously consider not going if he was in charge.

I'm impressed - the ability of my mouth to reach my toes disappeared many years ago!

Extremely interesting!!! And possibly not miles out of the question.... As we all know Lansdown is extremely financially sound and sven currently seems keen clubs with clear future ambitions, the fact that we have just gained the permission for our new stadium could be a determining factor?? Would definately be a great move if we could pull it off, also imagine the unimaginable if he were to become manager.....no....surely not..........its not possible......................A YOUNG PREMIER LEAGUE CLUB LOANEE???!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! chant6ez.gif

I'm sorry James that's awesome.

Alan, I'd have you back here in some capacity if I had my way. Alan Dicks celebrating with the Coventry manager after keeping us up in the top flight of English football......winner_third_h4h.gif....

Thank you for your kind words.

It may well be a good time to remind supporters that I overlooked several seasons of very near misses regarding relegation from what is now the championship.Usually about this time of the season we could be found actually in the bottom three looking certainties to go down.But we survivied and built.....slowly for the day when I led our boys Merrick,Sweeney,Collier,Gillies,Fear, Cheesley,Ritchie,Tainton,Shaw,Cashley,Drysdale,Mann,Rodgers amongst others to the promised land.Many a time my head was called for but through patience ,perseverance and hard work I took you to glory for the first time in 64 years.

I must admit my scouts seemed to be better at picking out players to suit the occasion and also find strikers that could actually put the ball in the net but I still say that we should stick with Gary.Of course if he slips any nearer the bottom three and would like some advice I am available for a small fee.

Alan-Dicks-Bristol-Ci.jpg

Thank you for your kind words.

It may well be a good time to remind supporters that I overlooked several seasons of very near misses regarding relegation from what is now the championship.Usually about this time of the season we could be found actually in the bottom three looking certainties to go down.But we survivied and built.....slowly for the day when I led our boys Merrick,Sweeney,Collier,Gillies,Fear, Cheesley,Ritchie,Tainton,Shaw,Cashley,Drysdale,Mann,Rodgers amongst others to the promised land.Many a time my head was called for but through patience ,perseverance and hard work I took you to glory for the first time in 64 years.

I must admit my scouts seemed to be better at picking out players to suit the occasion and also find strikers that could actually put the ball in the net but I still say that we should stick with Gary.Of course if he slips any nearer the bottom three and would like some advice I am available for a small fee.

History tells us that Alan Dicks was the greatest Bristol City FC manager since the time of Harry Thickett (1906-10). What I like most about Alan Dicks as manager was his loyalty to his English Top Flight Red Army troopers that got us back to the promised land: Merrick, Sweeney, Collier, Gillies, Fear, Cheesley, Ritchie, Tainton, Shaw, Cashley, Drysdale, Mann, Rodgers etc. The timely signings of Galley (Div 2) and Hunter (Top Flight) by his scouts also did the business for the cause.

Perhaps Gary Johnson should take some advice from you - for the small fee as you're a true Div 2 trapdoor escapologist. And......afterall....a fee needs to be paid as we're not Communists. RED ARMY !!!!! :winner_third_h4h::englandsmile4wf:

History tells us that Alan Dicks was the greatest Bristol City FC manager since the time of Harry Thickett (1906-10). What I like most about Alan Dicks as manager was his loyalty to his English Top Flight Red Army troopers that got us back to the promised land: Merrick, Sweeney, Collier, Gillies, Fear, Cheesley, Ritchie, Tainton, Shaw, Cashley, Drysdale, Mann, Rodgers etc. The timely signings of Galley (Div 2) and Hunter (Top Flight) by his scouts also did the business for the cause.

Perhaps Gary Johnson should take some advice from you - for the small fee as you're a true Div 2 trapdoor escapologist. And......afterall....a fee needs to be paid as we're not Communists. RED ARMY !!!!! winner_third_h4h.gifenglandsmile4wf.gif

Your comments are so kind and factually true.

I'm impressed - the ability of my mouth to reach my toes disappeared many years ago!

I didn't make myself clear. If Sven Goran joins I will be cutting off my legs with a blunt spoon from just below the knees and then chewing off the toes.

I hope this helps.

Your comments are so kind and factually true.

Also, bringing in Terry Cooper in 1978 and getting him onboard the Bristol City FC cause may have - inadvertantly - been Alan Dicks' greatest ever signing for this club. OK, he may have been in the twilight of his career as a top flight player but it gave him an interest in and knowledge of this club, because when Terry Cooper came back in 1982 he picked this club off the floor of Div 4. Terry Cooper laid the foundations then his signing Joe Jordan very nearly got us back to the top flight.

As for Gary Johnson, his man management skills don't seem anywhere near as good as Alan Dicks' and Terry Cooper's were and that's why we're in the current trouble in my opinion.

Archived