IGNORED

Akinde

Red Rag

I'm loath to lay the blame on Gerken when it's so obvious ( I've seen it with my own eyeswink.gif) that our defence, to a man, have been inconsistent, off form and mistake prone.

There has been no leadership in the defence, or organisation from 'the Captain', which, coupled with inconsistent selection, injuries and illness haven't helped Gerken - or the defenders themselves, to be fair.

I don't see Gerken as having been responsible for giving away many goals this season but we see individual errors (which have nothing to do with Gerken) from defenders on a weekly basis leading directly to opposition goals.

I'd replace Orr and Carey long before I considered Gerken's position.

By the way, in the circumstances, Gerken was surely quite right to demolish Fontaine at the weekend - it was the consequence of exactly what any good goalkeeper would have done, and exactly what GJ, and Fontaine himself, would have expected him to do in that situation. He'd have got a hell of a lot more stick if he'd held back and his reticence had led to City conceding.

Just as well he charged out of his area to clear in the first half as well because the defence was nowhere to be seen.

Whether he was right or wrong to "demolish" Fontaine, the situation highlights how little confidence & communication there is between Gerkin and the back four.

I'm not saying the defenders aren't guilty of mistakes - far from it, I just think there is a severe lack of trust between the defenders and Gerkin, and the best way to resolve this is to bring in a different keeper for a few games.

Whether he was right or wrong to "demolish" Fontaine, the situation highlights how little confidence & communication there is between Gerkin and the back four.

I'm not saying the defenders aren't guilty of mistakes - far from it, I just think there is a severe lack of trust between the defenders and Gerkin, and the best way to resolve this is to bring in a different keeper for a few games.

I believe bringing Bssso back in tonight would lift the whole stadium

What got me really scratching my head about Gary Johnson was his decision to let Nick Carle go to our Championship rivals Palace after the Wembley play-off final. It was suggested at the time that Nick Carle's departure would lead to Lee Johnson having no competition for the centre midfield role and that's a form of corruption if true.

Oh my god, if people are starting to question GJ's decision to sell Carle because he had one good match for Palace in 18 months then i think the fans are clutching at more straws than the manager!

Archived