IGNORED

Johnson Pre-leicester

WellRedPhil

Interesting comments here, he says how only the supporters can give them the support they need, and that the players need us in these next 2 games. Big emphasis on fans throughout the interview saying how if we do win, it'll be down to the fans a lot. He relates almost every answer to the support in fact! Is this a good thing, or is it more a cry for help? Surely the management should be able to provide them with the confidence they need? Worrying times indeed if it's down to us to get the results!

He also says we must look for the next win now, and NOT at the playoffs, stating that our home record is the 5th or 6th best in the league, when it is in fact the 11th! Gary also mentions the late equalisers earlier and the season and suggests that we are so close to being successful.

Sounded very much like a desperate interview to me, with constant calls for the support to pick the players up and even suggesting our home form is better than it actually is!

There's no doubt that if City fans really pump up the volume tomorrow (positively), then this could have a significant impact on the players. Given the atmosphere at recent matches, I think it makes sense for GJ to ask fans for some help. He's not blaming anyone for the lack of atmosphere.

I've had enough of this situation, the management and tactics, but i'll shout myself hoarse tomorrow night.

There's no doubt that if City fans really pump up the volume tomorrow (positively), then this could have a significant impact on the players. Given the atmosphere at recent matches, I think it makes sense for GJ to ask fans for some help. He's not blaming anyone for the lack of atmosphere.

I've had enough of this situation, the management and tactics, but i'll shout myself hoarse tomorrow night.

From the way he was talking it seemed as if the players are so down that even the management cannot lift them, which is very worrying. I'll be singing away in the EE as per usual, how much effect it'll have though, is a different matter. I think the atmosphere he's calling for is that of all 4 stands to be singing loudly, something thats seems very unlikely atm! He signs off by saying he thinks the number 12 shirt will be the best signing tomorrow...

I will give him this, he is very good at getting the crowd to respond in these interviews but he has to realise that the responsibility lies primarily with the coaching staff at all times to prepare the players, not the fans. Remembering "battle cries" like this from him in the past, most notably before the Play off home leg against Palace, he knows how to get the support going but in this instance, he looks like a small child saying "can someone please help me". I sympathise with him, I really do, we have all been in that situation where we want someone, anyone, to back us and tell us we aren't alone/crazy/staring down the barrel of a P45 but I can't help feeling more sorry for the players.

Rather than spend time giving another interview to the website, why doesn't he go and try to actually put together a decent tactical plan to play a team that put 5 goals past flailing opposition on Saturday? I think that this was the interview of a desperate man, and having heard him on Saturday on Radio Bristol following the game, he sounds dejected and knows that he can ask for better support all he wants but it needs to start from him. He is THE leader of this club, footballing wise, and this is where a manager earns his wages and get to the players, give them a lift and tell them that they need to start fast and build from there.

Sadly, I don't think it will work if he does that and they will just be tired of hearing the same old stuff from him. Again.

I know I am.

I'm up for giving the team as much support as possible tomorrow night, but what GJ has got to realise is the fans are probably even more down than him and the players. It's a job to him and the players, but it's much more than that to many supporters.

We need a lift as well, after shelling out to watch the boring, painful dross we've had to watch this season. Please Gary, tomorrow night just get that team of yours to do something, anything to give us fans some hope that we may be capable of pulling out of this mess and I think the Gate will come to life. We just need something to bring back some sort of belief!

Here's hoping

The fans are just the same as the players, On a low it's just human nature when things ain't going to well. For what it's worth I think the support will start off well but the opening 20 minutes will be key and if were not doing to well they there will be all the moans etc and that will make it harder for the players.

He says something along the lines of it's down to us to pick them up, and in an ideal world the players pick the fans up but it's not always like that. Some very strange comments tbh.

Strange comments when we are doing well 16,000 when a player puts in a good tackle we all rise give & take why is it up to us to rise them up for a game aint that Johnson & his coaching staff jobs. I know fans are know as the the twelve man but there is only so much you can give as a fan.

Start on the front foot tomorrow and the crowd will get behind them but we all know what is going to happen, a slow paced game will help nobody, 1 and 2 touch football is needed.

Pick a team with pace and a strong central midfield and be positive from the first whistle until the last..

BCAGFC

Start on the front foot tomorrow and the crowd will get behind them but we all know what is going to happen, a slow paced game will help nobody, 1 and 2 touch football is needed.

Pick a team with pace and a strong central midfield and be positive from the first whistle until the last..

BCAGFC

The disappointing thing is we always seem to start quite brightly for the opening 5-10 mins, and that it just drastically fades. The one time we actually made our bright start count, by scoring 2 goals in the opening 10 against Preston, we won the game, so I think we need an early goal, because if the last few months are anything to go by, we will fade as the game goes on.

Interesting comments here, he says how only the supporters can give them the support they need, and that the players need us in these next 2 games. Big emphasis on fans throughout the interview saying how if we do win, it'll be down to the fans a lot. He relates almost every answer to the support in fact! Is this a good thing, or is it more a cry for help? Surely the management should be able to provide them with the confidence they need? Worrying times indeed if it's down to us to get the results!

He also says we must look for the next win now, and NOT at the playoffs, stating that our home record is the 5th or 6th best in the league, when it is in fact the 11th! Gary also mentions the late equalisers earlier and the season and suggests that we are so close to being successful.

Sounded very much like a desperate interview to me, with constant calls for the support to pick the players up and even suggesting our home form is better than it actually is!

Yeah totally agree phil sounded very much like a desperate interview to me too!! In total contrast to LJ's interview where LJ clearly says he dont care if the fan's are behind the team or against us?? Which i thought was abit of a silly thing to say really.....i would of thought it would of been better to try and get fans on side really??

How you do you think the players feel at the moment when they walk out at Ashton Gate before a home game?

They should feel confident, ready to go and up for it. At the moment, and understandably, they probably feel like the Christians walking out into the Colloseum - lacking confidence, fearing the worst and waiting for the "thumbs down" from fans at the first sign of any mistake.

I agree that some of the current problems are down to management decisions. However, whatever way you look at it, the players confidence, or lack of, is key to any sort of recovery we are going to make, whether with or without Gary Johnson.

The man makes a sensible request for fans to get behind the players and what does he get? He gets his words twisted around and thrown back in his face by many. It's Ok to say; give us something to cheer and we will, but have none of you ever experienced the way things go sometimes, where the harder you try to get things right, the more they seem to go wrong? We are in that position now, where whatever the players try it just seems to keep going wrong. It's Ok saying who is to blame, but that doesn't solve anything tomorrow night out on the pitch. We need to break the circle, and the best way is for the players to at least feel the fans are fully behind them from the off.

How often do we get an early goal at AG? Not veery often and you might argue that it's because of the manager's tactics, but might it be because the players are nervous and this is because they know how quickly the fans attitude can turn?

There is a real danger that the anti- GJ feeling can overtake everything just now. Are some fans genuinly worried that if they give their support, it might just lift the players, confidence returns and we get a result, then another. We get some form together, and better results and before you know it we have turned a corner. Unfortunately, this might result in Gj keeoping his job!

Sounds far fetched, because surely fans support the club no matter who is the manager and would always want what is best for thr team and club. However, even today Ive read fans posts saying that if Eriksson was appointed here that they would never set foot in Ashton Gate again!

Here we are again. We pay our money. We travel to the games. We turn up. We support them. We care. Time for the players to step up. They have the Championship wages that are bleeding the club dry, just look at the cars at the back of the Atyeo tomorrow night!

This is down to the players now. We listened to Bradley on the radio. So let's see it on the pitch now. No more excuses. It would be a scandal if the players start trying to blame the manager for what is happening - the easy way out for them.

So come on lads ....... tomorrow we expect a performance for our money. Lets see some pride and commitment. The supporters will be there either way Gary, we always are!

I'm afraid GJ will need to find a way of getting the players to give the crowd something to get behind. It will have to come first from them.

If there's positivity on the pitch there will be in the stands.

Sorry but you are wrong with League 1 football staring us all in the face we need to get behind the team before a ball is kicked, the next two games are so important, Leicester are on a high after hitting five on saturday and west brom will come and try and pass us to death on sunday but neither are unbeatable, forget about johnson, forget about the players and what cars they drive it is all about us the fans who have no thoughts of watching division 3 football again, get behind the team for all those who finish work at five o"clock after a ten hour day and spends his/her hard earnt to watch BCFC.

yours midland red.

Leicester are on a high after hitting five on saturday and west brom will come and try and pass us to death on sunday but neither are unbeatable,

That's right Sir, those teams are beatable and we must never forget that fact. At the end of the day it's down to the management and players but they wont lack vocal support from me from start to finish. :winner_third_h4h:

Here we are again. We pay our money. We travel to the games. We turn up. We support them. We care. Time for the players to step up. They have the Championship wages that are bleeding the club dry, just look at the cars at the back of the Atyeo tomorrow night!

This is down to the players now. We listened to Bradley on the radio. So let's see it on the pitch now. No more excuses. It would be a scandal if the players start trying to blame the manager for what is happening - the easy way out for them.

So come on lads ....... tomorrow we expect a performance for our money. Lets see some pride and commitment. The supporters will be there either way Gary, we always are!

Oh my god, why does it matter what cars the players drive

Oh my god, why does it matter what cars the players drive

Interesting you can make no connection between performance and reward.

Does your boss know?

That is precisely the problem some of our players seem to have.

I don't mind about the cars or the money if I think they are earning it and at the moment I don't think that!

Do you?

These players are going, and currently taking us, nowhere (or just possibly worse than nowhere) while the club has gone £6 million into the red to pay them for these efforts. That is not good enough. I am not a Boo boy and never will be BUT I also don't do blind, unquestioning, unthinking faith I'm afraid.

Wake up and smell the coffee my friend - these things are all connected - these guys have my support and I assume your support but not totally unconditionally all of the time.

One last thing - how many of these players do you think will stay loyal to us if, God help us, we go down and another Championship club comes in for them.

So lets get the best out of them now please. That means they have to start playing. You and I can't do it, neither can Gary or Steve Lansdown - "the best squad of players we've had in years" (B. Orr) have to do it for us.

Come on you Reds!!!!

Sorry but you are wrong with League 1 football staring us all in the face we need to get behind the team before a ball is kicked, the next two games are so important, Leicester are on a high after hitting five on saturday and west brom will come and try and pass us to death on sunday but neither are unbeatable, forget about johnson, forget about the players and what cars they drive it is all about us the fans who have no thoughts of watching division 3 football again, get behind the team for all those who finish work at five o"clock after a ten hour day and spends his/her hard earnt to watch BCFC.

yours midland red.

It would be great if people heeded your call and gave massive vocal support from the off but I think that's unrealistic and the manager and team need to understand that to get that sort of backing they must start the game positively. If there is positivity on the pitch the stands will catch onto it. If the team start out negatively it will be the same in the stands and could end badly.

That is the biggest pile of steaming cack that I have ever heard attributed to Johnson. The fact is that in almost every one of those drawn games we were distinctly second best and reliant on Gerken to keep us in them.

I got a BMW when i drive in to work i don't care. RESPECT MATE, good post. I pay monthly for this car but to suggest players don't care because they own a good car is madness.

Ok then guys..... that is not what I have suggested ... Performance and reward is my point ......

If you think that neatly summarises what I am saying then you don't understand, and have not fully read, what I am saying.

No wonder we are in some trouble!

Incidentally RESPECT should come from something a little more meaningful and inciteful don't you think?

When we are in the same position as Portsmouth and Palace and others perhaps you will show a better appreciation of what I am talking about ........

some hope eh!

I haven't heard the interview or seen the quotes but did, at any time, Delboy say something along the lines of "we will be positive and the players will be going all out to give the fans something to be positive about"?

Delboy isn't interviewed. Unless your name calling of course which isnt allowed.

Archived