IGNORED

Johnson Pre-leicester

WellRedPhil

I'm afraid GJ will need to find a way of getting the players to give the crowd something to get behind. It will have to come first from them.

If there's positivity on the pitch there will be in the stands.

Absolutely right. And GJ needs to know that the most positive parts of the pitch are the 5 yards nearest the touchlines. If he plays yet another tight midfield with no ambition I might have to headbutt the empty seats in front of me just for some entertainment.

I am fortunate to have a great home life which includes Bristol City good times bad times until my last dying breath i will support this club.englandsmile4wf.gif

Well we have had our disagreements already I know

BUT

I am with you 100% this time ...... dare I say RESPECT mate !!!

Ok then guys..... that is not what I have suggested ... Performance and reward is my point ......

If you think that neatly summarises what I am saying then you don't understand, and have not fully read, what I am saying.

No wonder we are in some trouble!

Incidentally RESPECT should come from something a little more meaningful and inciteful don't you think?

When we are in the same position as Portsmouth and Palace and others perhaps you will show a better appreciation of what I am talking about ........

some hope eh!

can i ask you what your on? We are in trouble coz we dont understand what your saying? Portsmouth and palace are in trouble because their chairmen/managers spent more than they could afford

what do the cars the players drive have to do with there performance? Are you trying to say they shouldnt be allowed to spend there money if they are playing crap?

OK my friend I give up.

You have to have had a job and been paid for it to understand this very complicated concept.

It is THEIR money by the way and I don't care how they spend it! :tumbleweed:

I care about how they ACTUALLY earn it!

But its OK the brick wall wins this time.

Hope you know which way we are kicking tomorrow night mate .... remember Weale plays for them now mind!

Guest bigcheese

what do the cars the players drive have to do with there performance? Are you trying to say they shouldnt be allowed to spend there money if they are playing crap?

I think whoever gets the least votes on Man of the match should have to drive something seriously uncool until the next game as a forfeit hehe :-)

I'm not sure it is too realistic to expect fans to cheer when they are being served up no passion from the players, confidence or not. But hopefully

tomorrow there will be no negative chanting re: the manager and we can just wipe the slate clean and get on with it. The least you should expect

is a bit of passion tho.

Think it mostly has to come from the east end anyway, can't seem em dancing in the aisles in the Dolman unless we are 5-0 up (or shouting in the aisles

if something unjust has happened on the pitch).. good luck :-)

I think whoever gets the least votes on Man of the match should have to drive something seriously uncool until the next game as a forfeit hehe :-)

I like that idea. or they should have a vote at the end of every week as to who trained the worst and they have to drive the uncool car all week. what sort of car?

The club is low, the players are low and he wants the people who support it to help pick them up and make them feel good about themselves and help them to get a win. Don't see whats odd about that. Thats what supporters are for isn't it?

But HE needs to pick a team and the tactics to give the crowd something to get behind. All season i have said start with Sproule and put the oppo on the back foot from the start.

Its so bloody obvious, play some attacking football sign09.gif and the crowd will respond.

How you do you think the players feel at the moment when they walk out at Ashton Gate before a home game?

They should feel confident, ready to go and up for it. At the moment, and understandably, they probably feel like the Christians walking out into the Colloseum - lacking confidence, fearing the worst and waiting for the "thumbs down" from fans at the first sign of any mistake.

I agree that some of the current problems are down to management decisions. However, whatever way you look at it, the players confidence, or lack of, is key to any sort of recovery we are going to make, whether with or without Gary Johnson.

The man makes a sensible request for fans to get behind the players and what does he get? He gets his words twisted around and thrown back in his face by many. It's Ok to say; give us something to cheer and we will, but have none of you ever experienced the way things go sometimes, where the harder you try to get things right, the more they seem to go wrong? We are in that position now, where whatever the players try it just seems to keep going wrong. It's Ok saying who is to blame, but that doesn't solve anything tomorrow night out on the pitch. We need to break the circle, and the best way is for the players to at least feel the fans are fully behind them from the off.

How often do we get an early goal at AG? Not veery often and you might argue that it's because of the manager's tactics, but might it be because the players are nervous and this is because they know how quickly the fans attitude can turn?

There is a real danger that the anti- GJ feeling can overtake everything just now. Are some fans genuinly worried that if they give their support, it might just lift the players, confidence returns and we get a result, then another. We get some form together, and better results and before you know it we have turned a corner. Unfortunately, this might result in Gj keeoping his job!

Sounds far fetched, because surely fans support the club no matter who is the manager and would always want what is best for thr team and club. However, even today Ive read fans posts saying that if Eriksson was appointed here that they would never set foot in Ashton Gate again!

How in any way have I twisted his words? I quoted the man, and gave me take on his comments, which were that he seemed desperate and down. You've also missed the point of my post. I didn't say we shouldn't get behind the team, and believe me I will be singing away in the EE as I always am tomorrow night. The point is that it is NOT the fans job to lift the players, it is the managements, and if GJ is saying we are the only people than can lift the players confidence, I believe there is something very, very wrong indeed and I am seriously worried. I don't agree with them being scared either because our fans are actually not that fickle down the gate. Do you ever go away? At QPR on boxing day their fans were booing them even when they were winning, and many other teams fans get on their backs if they dont score early, this is something that is definitely not relevant to AG, and that is not a good enough reason for them to be coming out 'scared'. The fact that in recent weeks, we've actually started positively for the opening 10 mins, then drastcally faded, also suggests that you are wrong. And to suggest I wouldn't get behind the team in the hope of losing, in some kind of weird Johnson out scenario is quite frankly both bizarre and ridiculous, and I'd suggest that you are widely mis-informed!

How in any way have I twisted his words? I quoted the man, and gave me take on his comments, which were that he seemed desperate and down. You've also missed the point of my post. I didn't say we shouldn't get behind the team, and believe me I will be singing away in the EE as I always am tomorrow night. The point is that it is NOT the fans job to lift the players, it is the managements, and if GJ is saying we are the only people than can lift the players confidence, I believe there is something very, very wrong indeed and I am seriously worried. I don't agree with them being scared either because our fans are actually not that fickle down the gate. Do you ever go away? At QPR on boxing day their fans were booing them even when they were winning, and many other teams fans get on their backs if they dont score early, this is something that is definitely not relevant to AG, and that is not a good enough reason for them to be coming out 'scared'. The fact that in recent weeks, we've actually started positively for the opening 10 mins, then drastcally faded, also suggests that you are wrong. And to suggest I wouldn't get behind the team in the hope of losing, in some kind of weird Johnson out scenario is quite frankly both bizarre and ridiculous, and I'd suggest that you are widely mis-informed!

Whats the fans job then?

Whats the fans job then?

To support the team, not breed the players confidence. We don't work with them every day of the week do we. And it's unrealistic to expect 100% fan support all the time, sometimes the players need to dig deep, roll up their sleeveds and give the fans something to cheer about. As someone said earlier, we can feel down an all!

To support the team, not breed the players confidence. We don't work with them every day of the week do we. And it's unrealistic to expect 100% fan support all the time, sometimes the players need to dig deep, roll up their sleeveds and give the fans something to cheer about. As someone said earlier, we can feel down an all!

I dont understand the difference between supporting them and boosting them up.

I dont understand the difference between supporting them and boosting them up.

There is a massive difference between spurring the team on, and being their sole injection of confidence. Listen to the interview, Johnson says the fans are the only people who can give them the confidence they need, that is a bad situation in my book.

For 90 minutes during a match it shouldn't matter what you think about Johnson or the players, we need the max vocal support possible to help us out of this mess.

We all know what will happen tomorrow night, the crowd WILL get behind the team. But, if we go behind the unrest will creep in. It happens every time we are on a bad run.

Passion from the players is needed and that rubs off on us fans.

Its a two way thing,always has been and always will be.

There is a massive difference between spurring the team on, and being their sole injection of confidence. Listen to the interview, Johnson says the fans are the only people who can give them the confidence they need, that is a bad situation in my book.

Of course its a bad situation. We need a win and we neeed to stick together to get it.

It seems to me that whatever Gary Johnson says at the moment there are people lining up to stick the kinife in. I consider that to be a bad situation too. He has made mistakes and done things that you me and everyone else doesnt agree with. But we are where we are and he is pleading with the fans to lift the team. I am happy to do that.

Sorry but you are wrong with League 1 football staring us all in the face we need to get behind the team before a ball is kicked, the next two games are so important, Leicester are on a high after hitting five on saturday and west brom will come and try and pass us to death on sunday but neither are unbeatable, forget about johnson, forget about the players and what cars they drive it is all about us the fans who have no thoughts of watching division 3 football again, get behind the team for all those who finish work at five o"clock after a ten hour day and spends his/her hard earnt to watch BCFC.

yours midland red.

12th man in late fitness test but should be fit drunk2.gifdrunk2.gif

Of course its a bad situation. We need a win and we neeed to stick together to get it.

It seems to me that whatever Gary Johnson says at the moment there are people lining up to stick the kinife in. I consider that to be a bad situation too. He has made mistakes and done things that you me and everyone else doesnt agree with. But we are where we are and he is pleading with the fans to lift the team. I am happy to do that.

I am not sticking the knife in, I merely commented on the situation as I saw it. After watching the interview, I thought he seemed desperate and it looked like he was a man who'd ran out of ideas, he'd misquoted statistics, and played heavily on fans support. I'll be supporting the team tomorrow as always, whether Gary tells me to or not.

I'm afraid GJ will need to find a way of getting the players to give the crowd something to get behind. It will have to come first from them.

If there's positivity on the pitch there will be in the stands.

The manager can act positively first by picking an attacking formation and decent personnel played in their correct positions, that may give the players and us some confidence.

But agree with what your saying mate

Interesting that Gary thinks it is OK to tell the fans what to do and how they need to perform but when any fans questions how he or his team performs then they are told to shut up and asked to be removed from the ground.

So a message for you Gary if you or any of your mafia are reading this 'I will be there again tonight, even though I haven't enjoyed what i have watched for over a year, I will be supporting the team as I always do in the most vocal way possible and I will be paying for the privilege, in return could you do what you are paid to do and prepare and pick a team that puts in a performance that is capable of winning a football match'

Dont question the fans support if you are not willing to be questioned by them if the team fails

^^^^^^

chopping and changing the first 11 and formations won't give them confidence.

Football, successful football at least is about forging partnerships all around the pitch, which is impossible when you chop an change everyweek, simple managerial basics

You've been living in Holland and around Dutch football too long my friend - :laugh:!

You have hit it right on the head. That has been the problem and is the problem on the pitch at the moment.

However, tonight we are going to triumph on the pitch and in the stands because we are Bristol City - it's not logical necessarily but its gotta 'appen!

Archived