IGNORED

Lee Johnson

gary cornes

Anyone thought... and i know its a mad thought but we have not been playing as well or getting results since lee Johnson has been slateted dropped etc..... its true not saying the reason, but he was the main supllier at one point.....

Thoughts please ....

Thought he looked good against Watford. I'd keep playing him.

Gary needs the fans on his side as much as possible at the moment.

Lee Johnson could have the game of his life tonight but just by seeing his name on the teamsheet automatically draws a negative effect from most fans.

But if he plays him and he has a stinker then the fans straight away look to this selection.

For morale alone, I would keep him out the team.

Anyone thought... and i know its a mad thought but we have not been playing as well or getting results since lee Johnson has been slateted dropped etc..... its true not saying the reason, but he was the main supllier at one point.....

Thoughts please ....

Anyone thought... and i know its a mad thought... thank Christ he buggered off to Derby

He could be the key link that gives the team a winning mentality. It might be a bit too simplistic but he was a regular in the promotion side, a regular when we got to the play-offs and a regular when we were in touch for the play-offs this season. I'm not one for too much emphasis on stats but, that said, he is always high if not top of the list for assists and one complaint has been that it's not the strikers fault for the lack of goals because they haven't had chances supplied. We've slipped since he hasn't been playing and I think he does give the team strength of character and a positive, winning mind-set but the midfield has to have the right balance to get the best from him.

Lee Johnson could have the game of his life tonight but just by seeing his name on the teamsheet automatically draws a negative effect from most fans.

But if he plays him and he has a stinker then the fans straight away look to this selection.

So don't play a good player because of the attitude of moronic fans. If he deserves his place, then he should play. Its not his fault that City seemsto have a higher than average proportion of fans who don't understand football.

So don't play a good player because of the attitude of moronic fans. If he deserves his place, then he should play. Its not his fault that City seemsto have a higher than average proportion of fans who don't understand football.

Yes I agree with you that its crazy if a player has qualities to bring to the team and then to leave him out for the sake of some fans.

BUT everyone at the club is saying how much they need the fans behind them right now, and to have the fans 100% behind the team, sadly means leaving this player out.

Its wrong. But sadly, its true.

He could be the key link that gives the team a winning mentality. It might be a bit too simplistic but he was a regular in the promotion side, a regular when we got to the play-offs and a regular when we were in touch for the play-offs this season. I'm not one for too much emphasis on stats but, that said, he is always high if not top of the list for assists and one complaint has been that it's not the strikers fault for the lack of goals because they haven't had chances supplied. We've slipped since he hasn't been playing and I think he does give the team strength of character and a positive, winning mind-set but the midfield has to have the right balance to get the best from him.

I'm not a LJ hater, but I don't think thats anywhere near correct, is it?

We have missed him, he keeps the ball moving, but he like any midfielder needs movement when on the ball.We have to play with width and Imo Sproule must start at home. Notice how Coventry had to double up on Sproule when he came on.mccindoe's threat was nullified because he had to help his fullback cope with Sproule. Leicester will have to do the same if Sproule starts.

Just to clarify that LJ has the grand total of 2 assists, thats including last season and this season added together. Thats 61 full games plus 6 subs = 2 assists. Woeful stats.

Too true, though I'd say many fans, not most and that's why I thought it made sense for him to stay at Derby where he was clearly doing ok.

He isn't the answer to our bad run of results but he's also not the problem.

We have missed him, he keeps the ball moving, but he like any midfielder needs movement when on the ball.We have to play with width and Imo Sproule must start at home. Notice how Coventry had to double up on Sproule when he came on.mccindoe's threat was nullified because he had to help his fullback cope with Sproule. Leicester will have to do the same if Sproule starts.

I agree - width needs to be the way forward when playing at home and Sproule seems the best option - always causes problems and creates space for other players. Unfortunately though tonight it seems to be far too narrow again and Lee's impact isn't as great as it could be.

Thoughts please ....

I think Basso is the missing answer myself. :shutup:

In a nutshell when I could be bothered to count he gave the ball away badly three times at crucial points of the game.

Sorry but for me he brings bugger all to the game.

LJ was involved in most of our creative play and it was his clever pass that paved the way for Sproule to set up Clarkson in the second half which he should have scored from. It was our best move of the game.

Elliott was absolutely shocking tonight, didn't tackle and couldn't pass for shit. LJ outshone him comfortably I thought.

In a nutshell when I could be bothered to count he gave the ball away badly three times at crucial points of the game.

Sorry but for me he brings bugger all to the game.

Bugger all? Most of our creativity came from lj tonight (and for once there was a fair bit of it).

Would be interested to know if you were at all 'bothered' to count any of our other players misplaced passes?

Johnson had a good game tonight. Elliott was poor and has hardly had a good game all season. I can't understand why Sproule was not picked to start - he causes the opposition all kinds of problems and it was noticeable that we created more chances after he was on the pitch than before - with LJ feeding the ball to him nicely.

Archived