IGNORED

Elliot

Whale Eye Beef Hooked

Elliot has been poor this season, although i don't think 3 in midfield suits him at all. A little but better in the second half last night alongside LJ but he still doesn't look half the player he was last year. I was trying to see who wasn't tracking their man when Leicester were breaking forward last night and it was Elliot which was dissapointing especially as LJ is defensively poor.

On saturday we have to go with Him and Hartley in a 4-4-2 but he needs to pull his finger out, if not put Sno in his place.

On saturday we have to go with Him and Hartley in a 4-4-2 but he needs to pull his finger out, if not put Sno in his place.

How can you drop LJ on last nights performance ? (easily MOM)

I would go with JCR on left in place of Elliott and Sproule on right in place of Haynes with LJ and Skuse (if injured then Hartley)

I think we should be playing the same sort of team that started last night against West Brom. Obviously Skuse will be out so I guess he'll probably bring Hartley in. Either way, it'd be absolute madness to drop LJ after his performance.

I don't really see the need to change the shape too much, especially from the 2nd half display. Haynes, Clarkson and Iwelumo looked a handful, even more so when Sproule was on but I doubt that Johnson will play all 4 against one of the best teams in the league.

Should have been dropped weeks ago to leave Paul Hartley out and him in is wrong last night we had all much of a muchness in midfield, L J wasn't bad to be fair just too small and tends to play the same sideways or backwards ball. Elliott in his first season took the game by the scruff of the neck went past players won tackles passed the ball that is now virtually gone from his play, its a cheer if he puts in a routine tackle or has a shot no matter how weak or off target .there is no true playmaker in the Tinnion style anymore so its normally win the ball and bang thump it up field to be chased or played back or sideways or lose it,the leicester city goal last night was classic again straight through the midfield run at the defence who backed off find the gap run through it smack goal.

Lee Johnson had a pretty good game last night, he tried to make things happen towards the end of the game, there is no way he can be dropped after that performance, there may have been numerous occasions where he didn't deserve his place in the team but looking at it purely in the here and now he should definitley play the next game.

Elliot on the other hand is offering nothing in defence or attack and gave one of the most ineffective midfield performances I have ever seen last night and has been playing poorly for at least a season, we definitley need Hartley to come in.

How can you drop LJ on last nights performance ? (easily MOM)

I would go with JCR on left in place of Elliott and Sproule on right in place of Haynes with LJ and Skuse (if injured then Hartley)

Why oh why do we need to start tinkering with the team?! We have just seen an encouraging performance, which I think was one of the best for a long time and we want to start meesing around with the formation and lne up?

I think GJ will stick with the line up minus Skuse (injury).

Why oh why do we need to start tinkering with the team?! We have just seen an encouraging performance, which I think was one of the best for a long time and we want to start meesing around with the formation and lne up?

I think GJ will stick with the line up minus Skuse (injury).

I hate tinkering with the team but the 433 shape in the first half didn't really work did it?

It was only when Sproule came on and Haynes moved left with Clarkson up front that we turned on the pressure.

(Not a reflection on Skuse btw)

Elliott's weakness is his passing. I'd say he is an upper championship-level tackler - at least - but with league 2-level passing.

Unfortunately he has licence to go forward as much as anybody and this sees him give the ball away far, far too often and to make it worse he is then too far forward to help out when the other team breaks.

For me, if he was to sit deep in midfield and protect his back four, only to go forward at set-pieces, we would be much more solid and he'd be the first name on the teamsheet again.

Come on guys - no more tinkering please!

Back four looked much better last night so leave it alone please.

That was not the midfield I would have picked last night BUT it did well.

Johnson had his best game for ages. Elliott was solid and Skuse was combative as usual.

I say stick with it unless Skuse is injured Sunday in which case bring in Hartley or start with Sproule.

Clarkson is just getting better and better and Iwelumo is looking a real aerial threat if we can get a decent cross into him.

Add Haynes's pace and Maynard being available again and I think we should be upbeat.

No more Sno for a while please - we need some end product.

Come on guys - no more tinkering please!

Back four looked much better last night so leave it alone please.

That was not the midfield I would have picked last night BUT it did well.

Johnson had his best game for ages. Elliott was solid and Skuse was combative as usual.

I say stick with it unless Skuse is injured Sunday in which case bring in Hartley or start with Sproule.

Clarkson is just getting better and better and Iwelumo is looking a real aerial threat if we can get a decent cross into him.

Add Haynes's pace and Maynard being available again and I think we should be upbeat.

No more Sno for a while please - we need some end product.

I agree that LJ was really good last night but i don't think for a minute that he can play with Hartley, they have before and they got in each others way, they both like to do th e same thing, i will be supprised if they both play on Sunday. He will probably put Elliot in with Johnson or Hartley ( if he was rested with Sundays game in mind )

I hate tinkering with the team but the 433 shape in the first half didn't really work did it?

It was only when Sproule came on and Haynes moved left with Clarkson up front that we turned on the pressure.

(Not a reflection on Skuse btw)

I think the main problem first half was that we were too cautious and played with too slow a tempo. GJ seemed to change this at half time and we came out for the second half much brighter, taking free kicks and throw ins quicker and in turn pushed Leicester back. Then when Skuse got injured, I was pleased that Sproule came on and we looked even more of an attacking threat.

Elliot did provide the funniest moment last night, when just after their bloke had a free header at the back post (the one where Gerken made a good save) Orr and Elliot were having a discussion on who should have been marking him, Millen was shouting instruction to Elliot when Orr chipped in with another comment. Elliot turned round to Orr and shouted, Shut up you... then the ball came to him.....couldn't finish his sentence, quality

Well Skuse is apparently okay so I think he will start and as it is West Brom I think Hartley will play as well. Clarkson Iwelumo up front. Sproule on the wing. Left side unsure. Will JCR be fit? Also, how long is Sno out for, do we know?

I think we will start 442 and take the game to them and revert thereafter if needs be. We HAVE to score the first goal if confidence is low because going just 1-0 down may be the nail in the coffin. Unless we are going to play for a 0-0 draw, which I doubt, I think we will start positive

Archived