IGNORED

Bristol City 1 Leicester 1

Mr Mosquito

I actually thought we played really well yesterday. Remember that Leicester had won 5-1 last Saturday as well. A great Clarkson goal almost at the last - and not wanting to be a kill joy but the goal celebrations were bloody stupid with Clarkson belly flopping in front of the Dolman stand in the Leicester half. Almost the whole team ran over to congratulate him. When they finally got back to their positions for the restart they were all out of breath and the inevitable had to happen as per the Sheffield United home game with Leicester slicing through the lot of them to score straight away. Another 2 points down the drain due to a pub football team type of concentration lapse - did almost the whole team have to celebrate with Clarkson?

Apart from that irritating lapse where we chucked the 2 extra points we showed good attcking intent with Sproule and Haines causing Leicester real problems. When Leicester hit the post in front of the East End I thought luck had finally turned in our favour. At the end of the day if Gary Johnson and Co can keep up that type of performance we'll easily avoid relegation. My man of the match was Iwelumo as he worked hard, won headers and held the ball up well and I'm sure it wont be long before he scores.

first half was forgettable, Leicester could have scored 45 seconds into the game and again when the ball was crossed in and could have gone anywhere. Their winger Dyer was causing us a lot of issues of the left side. I couldnt see their chance that hit the post in the second half but sounds like we got away with it

I felt our 4-3-3 didnt work first half and it wasnt until Sproule came on that we started to really threaten them, Haynes had a difficult chance from an angle and also flapped at his shot from the edge of the area that he should have done better with. Iwelumo offered us great presence up front and won a lot of headers creating space for the midfield to push on. Clarkson missed a sitter, shocking slice of his boot and again when he had the had goal to aim at and blasted it straight at Weale.

Marv is a shadow of his former self - Skuse is twice the player he is now showed fantastic commitment and energy to get around the pitch. Lee Johnson had a decent game, nothing spectacular but did his job well. Hartley should come back in for the WBA game

I would like to see Iwelumo and Maynard upfront together with a 442 formation on Sunday, Sproule on the right wing and JCR on the left if fit.

I would like to see Iwelumo and Maynard upfront together with a 442 formation on Sunday, Sproule on the right wing and JCR on the left if fit.

I'd go with Iwelumo and Maynard as well. I don't know about Clarkson because some of his touches - particularly in front of goal - can be quite poor. So long as Clarkson scores though it does show he's getting in the right places at the right time but just needs to improve his touch and finishing because he could have had a hat-trick yesterday. With regard to that goal celebration, it was totally unprofessional in my opinion considering the fact we're really weak at the end of a games and prone to conceding. All in all an entertaining game but WBA could give us a real football lesson on Sunday but I still expect us to trounce them and turn the form book on its head!!!!!!! :winner_third_h4h:

In all honesty, we played ok last night. Of course, that compared to recent performances makes it seem as though it was brilliant, and it's right that people acknowledge a kind of turnaround.

In reality, Leicester could have quite easily been comfortably ahead at the half time break but we got away with it, rode our luck and improved vastly for the second half.

As things stand, a draw against a team that was in a great run of form and in the play-off zone is as good as I think we could expect. A draw on Sunday will also be OK.

If we play like last night, we wont go down. In the close season we can address the management issue.

The positives from last night seem to be that the defence looked much less shaky than of late, Gerken was decisive, Iwelumo at least provided a target man who was tall and strong enough to frighten defenders, Skuse was his usual excellent self and Sproule got involved and made us look dangerous when he was on.

The negatives - well, probably the softest goal conceded in a season of soft goals, everyone utterly unable to man mark and caught napping after the restart AGAIN, awful throw ins, a terrible miss from Clarkson (but not as bad as at least 3 of Leicester's squandered chances!) and - once Skuse was off - a powder puff midfield utterly incapable of tackling a running forward.

Robbo construction MOM - Fontaine.

Weakest links - Elliot (a shadow of his former self and gave away the ball with some shocking wayward psses) and Little Lee.

Archived