IGNORED

Announcing Selected Team

marmite

Regarding GJ's timing of his selected eleven, is this really done late to avoid giving the opposition knowledge or perhaps so that he can see the opposition eleven first and pick a team to counter their style? I think we should play to our strengths and let the other team worry about us, especially at home. Any thoughts?

I dont see how naming a side early can do anything but help the opposition. It gives them more opportunity to plan how they will counteract the strengths of individual players. e.g. Sproule picked they might decide to go with a quicker player in left midfield to counter his pace (like Leicester did on Tuesday)

I dont see how naming a side early can do anything but help the opposition. It gives them more opportunity to plan how they will counteract the strengths of individual players. e.g. Sproule picked they might decide to go with a quicker player in left midfield to counter his pace (like Leicester did on Tuesday)

The point is does Gary do the counteracting instead of playing his most attacking style. Is this why we aren't creative going forward?

The point is does Gary do the counteracting instead of playing his most attacking style. Is this why we aren't creative going forward?

Gary doesn't do anything different to what any manager does, bar the odd exception. The reason we haven't been that creative is a mixture of us being too cautious/negative against poorer teams (ie Coventry, S****horpe and Peterborough) and not being good enough against the better teams in the divison (Newcastle, West Brom, Forest etc)

Archived