IGNORED

Sunday Versus West Brom, Look Out For........

freezer

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this, but one thing our recent run of poor form has given us is 'The Thousand Yard Stare'.

If you look around you prior to a game - and against such mighty foe as The Baggies it will be even more apparent - in the bars , pubs, chippies, cafes, shops, in the streets, queuing up and in the ground etc. The average City fan is not laughing and joking, very rarely sings before a game and has a demeanour about him of someone who knows what is about to come and unfortunately knows that it is not a great feeling, so it is with some despair that the majority of us continue to attend.

Look behind you during half-time up into the stands and you'll also see it, especially if things are not going fantastically well.

In saying that it is of great credit to the supporters that they can still get behind the team and create a good atmosphere - as was shown against Leicester - although if we have another 'Cardiffesque' display I feel that a totally different atmosphere will be created.

So, off we all go again on Sunday to support - in our own way's - The Mighty Reds in our quest for three precious Championship points. I hope we get them.

Football has a knack of lifting you up and then dropping you back down with a heavy bump - we've certainly had enough of that lately - but one thing that doesn't change is the fact that for many of us, Bristol City Football Club means a hell of a lot to us and it hurts like hell when things are going badly. Hence the dazed and sombre looks on peoples faces prior to and more often than not, after a game.

We are not entitled to get great football and great results all the time but as individuals we can also only take so much punishment and a few of us are on the ropes now. It is up to the club now - Leicester, second half sort of performance will do more often please - to give us something to cheer on and aim for.

Let's hope things improve enough for us to survive this season.

I'll be the one with the big, blank, staring eyes stood behind you in The Dolman.

COME ON YOU REDS

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this, but one thing our recent run of poor form has given us is 'The Thousand Yard Stare'.

Let's hope things improve enough for us to survive this season.

I'll be the one with the big, blank, staring eyes stood behind you in The Dolman.

COME ON YOU REDS

Tbh Freezer, for many fans the 'thousand yard stare' has been present for most of last and all of this season at AG. The look has afflicted increasing numbers as City have slipped down the table which is probably why its just been noticed.

Archived