IGNORED

Quincy Owusu-abeyie....

James

I think there was a similar thread which sprung up during the S'ton/Pompey FA Cup tie, im sat watchin Pompey v Stoke on ESPN and Owusu-Abeyie looks a class act (in the fact that he's everything we've been missing all season!) He's fast, direct and not afriad to take players on with either pace or skill but in contrast to our 'wingers' ie. Sproule.....Haynes at a push and heaven forbid Jamie Mac......??????!!! he seems to have a consistent end product, strong with his left and right with accurate crosses/passes with both feet throughout the match.

As in the thread title, to me the fact that he is an obvious success at a club which is struggling at a higer level than ourselves again leads me to point the finger at Johnson's judgement of players, at the risk of repeating the thousands of times that GJ's ability (or lack of) to bring the best out of higher quality players - most recently Saborio, Sno etc. - i think this sums it up.

We could have had him on a free and the fact that he contacted us for trials suggests that his wage bill would have been affordable as well, with a player of this type/quality from the start of the season means that once again the power of heinsight allows us to suggest that this could have made all the difference to our play-off/promotion push along with..............of course the "if all games ended in the 90th min" saga.

Opinions?!

perhaps he wanted to much money..............just a thought.

At first i thought the same thing but we turned him down on a fitness level......that once again doesnt say much for Johnsons faith in his fitness staff let alone the players he puts on the pitch =S

If we did sign him then Johnson wouldn't of got the best out of him. He was poor with Birmingham and Cardiff as well though. :dunno:

Very patchy career record indeed.

He scored an excellent goal for Portsmouth but let's remember even Ivan can look a world beater on his day.

If he wasn't even fit, that was reason enough not to sign him. If we had signed him and then had to wait months for him to be 'Championship - fit' and then he proved to be as inconsistent as at his earlier clubs, we'd have been livid with GJ, and understandably so.

Very patchy career record indeed.

He scored an excellent goal for Portsmouth but let's remember even Ivan can look a world beater on his day.

If he wasn't even fit, that was reason enough not to sign him. If we had signed him and then had to wait months for him to be 'Championship - fit' and then he proved to be as inconsistent as at his earlier clubs, we'd have been livid with GJ, and understandably so.

Completely take your point but, If you look at the other players weve signed on loan/permenant deals this season and previously its just typical that we turn down the one who may have turned into a success for others who wouldnt look out of place playing for my local.

If he had turned him down and then gone on to sign another left sided player (success or not) at the start of the season then this thread would be completely irrelevant but as we turned down a free with low wages and went on to further "strengthen" our strike force with the likes of Saborio, Ageymang etc clogging up the wage bill.....

Archived