IGNORED

Hartley

iWurzel

I think Johnson has been right in keeping him sidelined.

Clearly an ego to big for GJ to handle althought udoubted quality as a player,

Remember the talk mid December of an apparent 'bust up' resulting in Hartley handing in transfer request due to his displeasure at being (in his own words) "Lee Johnsons understudy"

too be fair his only contribution todday was a wayward pass which invited the pressure back on in the 94th minute so i would be to happy if my cameo appearance consisted of one touch and one (sh**) pass...

To be fair to LJ he has really benefitted from his run in the team (4 games now?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Left the field today with a face like thunder, as soon as the whistle went. Didn't even clap the fans.

Clearly not happy being benched but should show some more professionalism as a more experienced member of the squad.

I agree 100% he let himself down very badly today walking off, In all honesty read the programme, he is clearly home sick and I don't blame him for that, I think it would be best all round to let him go.

Iwelumo was different class and Elliott rolled the clock back two years.

He is the problem. Obvious to me that he just doesn't care. You look at the players at full time, jumping about like we had won promotion with the relief of getting a win under the belt. Where was Mr Hartley? Straight up the tunnel didn't even have the decency to clap fans clapping him off.

Left the field today with a face like thunder, as soon as the whistle went. Didn't even clap the fans.

Clearly not happy being benched but should show some more professionalism as a more experienced member of the squad.

my thoughts exactly it shows a lot of disrespect to his team mates and the fans...who pay his wages.

Whatever the issue is, I sincerely hope it can be resolved, because the guy is still a very good midfield player and, whilst we've seen a big improvement over the last two games, we have a lot of work still to do and I hardly think we are so well off that we can afford not to make the most of what he's got to offer.

It's a fair bet he's not happy being dropped and probably isn't being managed well. His family are still in Scotland I believe.

His career is drawing to a close and of course he wants to go out with a bang. When he joined the club he had good reason to believe he'd be starting most games. He's been our best midfielder by a good margin too.

However, that is not enough as his stamina can't cope with the demands of the Championship and no-one can really blame GJ for sticking with an unchanged team.

Skuse was the weakest midfielder today but will probably play well against Ipswich. Can't drop Marv after his revival today. So Hartley will probably be on the bench Saturday.

To be fair, I would be pretty p*ssed if I was Hartley, he is a far better player than Johnson and should be on the side. I don't think anyone can say Johnson is a better player than Hartley who is (for me) player of the season so far.

I'm sure he was p*ssed, but to show no emotion/blanking players/crowd..... Most experienced pro here, poor showing.

Archived