IGNORED

Has The Spirit Of 07-08 Returned?

Loderingo

Well I have to say I went to the game more in hope than expectation but came away feeling jubilant if not a little awestruck. Only a few weeks ago we were on the ropes, confidence was very fragile, the manager was losing the support of the majority of the fans and didn't seem to know his best team. Somehow at the Leicester game something changed, whether it was the manager, the players the chairmen or the fans, I don't know but a corner was turned and today we followed that up with something better. So many times this season if we concede the first goal we go on to lose, if we score first we sometimes win but more often concede late on. This was the first time all season that we won from behind and against a team 3rd in the table. The players gave their all and you could see how much more they wanted it than West Brom. I thought we made them look very ordinary by denying them space on the ball. The fans were magnificent today and I think (by at least once) defying the curse of agony time, you can feel some of that belief coming back. If the players can keep up the performances and if the fans can keep up the noise levels (both home and away) then it could be a fantastic end to the season. We should fear no-one in this division and if I were Roy Keane I would be worrying right now. Can we make the playoffs? Realistically no but if we can storm to a good finish (say 8th or 9th) then we'll be well placed for next year. Up the City!

I wouldnt go over the top, it was one good performance in about 10 games.. If we carry on like yesterday then yes i would say the spirit of 07/08 may have returned.

But personally i dont think Elliot and a few others will ever be able to reproduce the level of consistency and performance they showed 2 years ago at this level, would love to be proved wrong but i cant see it tbh.

I wouldnt go over the top, it was one good performance in about 10 games.. If we carry on like yesterday then yes i would say the spirit of 07/08 may have returned.

Exactly right. Yesterday was an example of what City are capable of producing and its a mystery to know why its taken so long to produce such a top performance.

Next saturdays match at Portman Road is another vital game. Another performance like yesterday then 3 points is a real possibility.

It was one game. We need to play like that every game, not every now and again.

Exactly, and there were two things to especially note...

a) I think their attitude and mentality suddenly changed when they saw we were being dragged into a relegation fight.

and

b) When we got the second goal yesterday, there was a massive change in confidence. They seemed to relax more and played a lot better as a result.

Archived