IGNORED

Midfield Maestros

City1970

Our midfield must be very strong.

Hartley is good enough to be recalled to the Scotland squad but he is not good enough to start for Bristol City.

Or am I missing something.

He has been rested for a few games, what is the big issue?

To say he is not good enough to start for Bristol City is a load of rubbish, he was never going to play EVERY minute of EVERY game this season simply beacuse of his age/fitness.

I agree that Hartley is one of our best Midfielders, but look at it another way. Would Scotland pick Elliot, Johnson or Skuse or Sno for their squad if they were Scotish?

Most likely imo. Scotland are a very poor National side at the moment, so i don't think it really means a lot tbh.

I agree that Hartley is one of our best Midfielders, but look at it another way. Would Scotland pick Elliot, Johnson or Skuse or Sno for their squad if they were Scotish?

Most likely imo. Scotland are a very poor National side at the moment, so i don't think it really means a lot tbh.

I stand to be corrected, but I thought Lee Johnson was qualified to play for Scotland?

In the days when Scotland had a semi decent team most of their players played for the top four english clubs, inclduing Forest rather than Chelsea who were not a top four team in the eighties.

nowadays the only decent player in the prem is ferguson at brum, and the scottish prem is equivalent to div1 or 2 and hartley is only a squad player not likely to get a game so to class him nowadays as an international is pushing it a bit far.

Archived