IGNORED

Louis Carey

GrahamC

Today's appearance for us at Ipswich took him above Trevor Tainton into second place in all time league appearances for us. It also meant that as only John Atyeo has played more games than him, that he has played more games for City than any other Bristolian ever.

I'm sure he is incredibly proud, well done Louis.

Trevour Tainton played 581 games for City so Louis Carey must be now on 582. John Atyeo played 645 times for City and if Louis is to overtake him he needs another full and a bit season, assuming he can stay fit.

Can see it happening although he's not quite the player he was. Whether or not he gets the all time record there will be a big gap when he eventually goes.

York away in 1995, JJ gave him his debut.

It may be creative memory but I think I saw his debut, I certainly remember the "Introducing"... in the programme.

I have added him to my list of City defensive legends:

David Rodgers

Shaun Taylor

Martin Scott

Darren Barnard

Louis Carey

+1 for the comment on Red Chelt's statement. He sure am de Sage! clapping.gif

It may be creative memory but I think I saw his debut, I certainly remember the "Introducing"... in the programme.

I have added him to my list of City defensive legends:

David Rodgers

Shaun Taylor

Martin Scott

Darren Barnard

Louis Carey

+1 for the comment on Red Chelt's statement. He sure am de Sage! :clapping:

David Rodgers included but no Norman or Sir Geoffrey?dunno.gif

David Rodgers included but no Norman or Sir Geoffrey?dunno.gif

Norman was far more famous eslewhere. David Rodgers and Gerry Sweeney are the two players I remember liking from my early fandom and cheering when they got the ball. I could pretend that I was a big fan of Gerry Gow or Paul Cheesely, who were clearly better players in retrospect, but that wasn't the case at the time.

Norman was far more famous eslewhere. David Rodgers and Gerry Sweeney are the two players I remember liking from my early fandom and cheering when they got the ball. I could pretend that I was a big fan of Gerry Gow or Paul Cheesely, who were clearly better players in retrospect, but that wasn't the case at the time.

Swindon fans would tell you Shaun Taylor was far more famous elsewhere as well - Norman was at City longer than him, wasn't he?

Anyway looks like your defensive legends are based more on your liking for them rather than their performances at City, so fair enough for leaving out Sir Geoffrey and Norman and including Rodgers.

I expect you were on your own cheering the cumbersome David Rodgers every time he got the ball though.wacko.gif

Swindon fans would tell you Shaun Taylor was far more famous elsewhere as well - Norman was at City longer than him, wasn't he?

Anyway looks like your defensive legends are based more on your liking for them rather than their performances at City, so fair enough for leaving out Sir Geoffrey and Norman and including Rodgers.

I expect you were on your own cheering the cumbersome David Rodgers every time he got the ball though.wacko.gif

Probably! :bounce:

I didn't see Louis's debut btw as I certainly didn't go to York. Good old creative memory.

Archived