IGNORED

Akinde

The forum love in with Akinde is beyond belief, The guy is obviously one for the future (that's why we bought him). He has been loaned out to Brentford to get much needed league experience and at present cannot get a game.

Can you imagine the uproar if we tried to sign a Brentford player who could'nt get into the first team.

Let's please get some perspective here, in our present position I really don't think bringing him back and even worse playing him will do either player or club any use at all.

And one forum 'mind reader' has even suggested this crock of crap "Because Akinde is our promising young player who has probably been temporarily demoralised by the way Johnson has treated him".

The forum love in with Akinde is beyond belief, The guy is obviously one for the future (that's why we bought him). He has been loaned out to Brentford to get much needed league experience and at present cannot get a game.

Can you imagine the uproar if we tried to sign a Brentford player who could'nt get into the first team.

Let's please get some perspective here, in our present position I really don't think bringing him back and even worse playing him will do either player or club any use at all.

And one forum 'mind reader' has even suggested this crock of crap "Because Akinde is our promising young player who has probably been temporarily demoralised by the way Johnson has treated him".

Out of all our youngsters, he is the only one that I can say is better than what we've got in the first team... and thats when you finally play em..

every time I've seen him play, he's made defenders panic or uncomfortable - saborio and agyemang do anything but...

Iwelumo aside, I feel he is a better option than our other "big men" or "target men"

I don't think anyone is saying start him but he has to be a better option from the bench than our other 'forward' players.

When he has come on as sub he has made an impact unlike others, IMO he would be in Peterborough's 1st team if they would have signed him.

BCAGFC

I think most people are saying give him a game rather than pay big money for Agymang or Saborio.

I have mentioned this before but will say it again

My mate is a Brentford fan and has seen Akinde play two games for them so far

He says Akinde is not match fit and looks a bit out of sorts for the Bees

This is why GJ has loaned him out there to get his fitness and sharpness back

I am guessing we will see him again in a City shirt in a month or twos time but not before

I have mentioned this before but will say it again

My mate is a Brentford fan and has seen Akinde play two games for them so far

He says Akinde is not match fit and looks a bit out of sorts for the Bees

This is why GJ has loaned him out there to get his fitness and sharpness back

I am guessing we will see him again in a City shirt in a month or twos time but not before

We are not going up were not going down so the last few games this season Akinde, Wilson, Riberio have to be played. Will Johnson do this?

Will Johnson do this?

NO.

GJ will give some excuse about wanting to see if certain players are 'there' mentally.

I would love to see young, determined players in our side, you can see at other clubs that it gives the crowd a lift but it isn't going to happen under GJ

BCAGFC

Akinde should be in our 1st team squad. I always believe it is much better for his development for him to be here with us rather than slumming it in the brentford squad. With his pace and power he is still a excellent player to put on for 10 / 20 mins at the end of a game if required. Then he would be able to build up his experience and push for a 1st team start.

From what I've seen on the telly highlights and read in the papers match reports it appears that non of our young loanees are getting any better at lower league clubs (except henderson at Aldershot, several clean sheets) becuase they are playing at a lower standard. Nobody improves their game playing at a lower league. The only way you improve your game is playing at a higher league. Not exactly rocket science as the best players play in higher leagues!

Farming out these players undoubtedly undermines their self esteem. We have seen from our own experience with loan players that it does not work as they have to learn a whole new aprachoach to the game, tactics etc andit takes more than a month to teach a dog new tricks, even longer for footballers.

From his few appearances so far Akinde deserves a chance - surely it's better to find out sooner rather than later whether he has what it takes rather than wasting his time at brentford.

You never know - after 2 or 3 games he might just develop into a gem - especially having the opportunity to train and learn from Iwelumo (that is an opportunity being missed)

From what I've seen on the telly highlights and read in the papers match reports it appears that non of our young loanees are getting any better at lower league clubs (except henderson at Aldershot, several clean sheets) becuase they are playing at a lower standard. Nobody improves their game playing at a lower league. The only way you improve your game is playing at a higher league. Not exactly rocket science as the best players play in higher leagues!

Farming out these players undoubtedly undermines their self esteem. We have seen from our own experience with loan players that it does not work as they have to learn a whole new aprachoach to the game, tactics etc andit takes more than a month to teach a dog new tricks, even longer for footballers.

From his few appearances so far Akinde deserves a chance - surely it's better to find out sooner rather than later whether he has what it takes rather than wasting his time at brentford.

You never know - after 2 or 3 games he might just develop into a gem - especially having the opportunity to train and learn from Iwelumo (that is an opportunity being missed)

Beckham, Defoe & numerous ever players didn't improve there game by going on loan what a stupid comment

That was me mate. Just cut out the personal stuff will you.

Point is many of our younger players (not to say senior players who can't get a game after a million quid has been spent on them) have been de-skilled and demoralised by the way they have been treated. Our manager seems afraid to play the rising young players that have been

signed or come up through the academy. Premier League managers, who surely have more at stake, seem able to play their youngsters.

I think there is a consensus among fans that this is true. The players are part of a Championship set-up, so they aspire to play Championship football with us. They are farmed out to League 2 outfits rather than playing for us. Tell me how this is not a demoralising, de-skilling experience.

In Akinde's particular case, we have a young talented striker who already has a proven goal-scoring record in professional football. If you saw him in action in pre-season games you will know that he has the qualities, including a very good touch, ability to hold up the ball and heading ability that make him a natural target man for us. But almost more important HE IS A BRISTOL CITY PLAYER full of determination for his club.

I would take that any day over a spatially disoriented Carthorse who has been signed for a few months and is in my opinion well past it, especially after what I saw at Watford , whre he couldn't get to the ball and was pushed of it by a left back a head shorter.

Get behind our youngsters mate

Point is many of our younger players (not to say senior players who can't get a game after a million quid has been spent on them) have been de-skilled and demoralised by the way they have been treated. Our manager seems afraid to play the rising young players that have been

signed or come up through the academy. Premier League managers, who surely have more at stake, seem able to play their youngsters.

I think there is a consensus among fans that this is true. The players are part of a Championship set-up, so they aspire to play Championship football with us. They are farmed out to League 2 outfits rather than playing for us. Tell me how this is not a demoralising, de-skilling experience.

In Akinde's particular case, we have a young talented striker who already has a proven goal-scoring record in professional football. If you saw him in action in pre-season games you will know that he has the qualities, including a very good touch, ability to hold up the ball and heading ability that make him a natural target man for us. But almost more important HE IS A BRISTOL CITY PLAYER full of determination for his club.

I would take that any day over a spatially disoriented Carthorse who has been signed for a few months and is in my opinion well past it, especially after what I saw at Watford , where he couldn't get to the ball and was pushed of it by a left back a head shorter.

Beckham, Defoe & numerous ever players didn't improve there game by going on loan what a stupid comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the ones you quote were only teenagers but were already of a very high standard and had already tasted prem football and so were not loaned out to improve their standard of play, they were already better than the standard than who they were to play for, but face the rigours of a man's game as opposed to youth team football.

Is that the same scenario for our players?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the ones you quote were only teenagers but were already of a very high standard and had already tasted prem football and so were not loaned out to improve their standard of play, they were already better than the standard than who they were to play for, but face the rigours of a man's game as opposed to youth team football.

Defoe had a long loan spell at Bournemouth. Beckham had a short loan spell at Preston.

... but face the rigours of a man's game as opposed to youth team football.

This is the important part.

They don't go to Brentford / Wycombe / Aldershot to get better technically. They go there to learn how to play league football. Something they'll learn better there than playing youth football or the odd reserve game.

I know a Brentford fan and last time I asked him how Wilson was getting on he told me that he "looks very good technically but tends to get bullied out of games". Learning how to deal with the sneaky, rough, physical side of football is what the players gain by playing league matches. By doing it at a lower level they give themselves the chance of at least being technically better than their opponents.

Unless they're very special, dumping them straight in to competitive Championship fixtures would be very risky indeed. I wouldn't mind seeing it happen a couple of times once we're safe and have nothing to play for, though.

No they didn't play prem games before this, i was at Bournemouth when we lost 4-0 Defoe played on loan from WHU, get your facts right

This is the important part.

They don't go to Brentford / Wycombe / Aldershot to get better technically. They go there to learn how to play league football. Something they'll learn better there than playing youth football or the odd reserve game.

I know a Brentford fan and last time I asked him how Wilson was getting on he told me that he "looks very good technically but tends to get bullied out of games". Learning how to deal with the sneaky, rough, physical side of football is what the players gain by playing league matches. By doing it at a lower level they give themselves the chance of at least being technically better than their opponents.

Unless they're very special, dumping them straight in to competitive Championship fixtures would be very risky indeed. I wouldn't mind seeing it happen a couple of times once we're safe and have nothing to play for, though.

If you read the reports on Wilson when he was a Brentford there is never any mention of him lacking in the physical side of the game he is a big lad by all accounts and always did very well when playing at centre back he was used as a right back on a few occassions a did not do so well but due to positional issues infact if you look at there fans forum he is still in the top three in there MOM table for the season and he left there in December

I also spoke to a brentford season ticket holder after they had just played Southampton and he said that Wilson had Lambert in hos pocket in a drawn game at st marys

Yeah your right of course, Playing in a reserve game once every 2 weeks or so is so very much better than say perhaps playing every week.

We can only field 11 players on the pitch (plus 3 cameos every week) and our squad is how big? Footballers improve with match practice and there's a huge gap between reserves and league football so farm them out and give them the experience.

And for what it's worth I like the look of Akinde, he has something that unsettles defenders. If we weren't going up or down at the end of the season I'd love to see him and some of the other youngsters getting a few league games.

I would take that any day over a spatially disoriented Carthorse who has been signed for a few months and is in my opinion well past it, especially after what I saw at Watford , where he couldn't get to the ball and was pushed of it by a left back a head shorter.

What's personal about what I said, You have invented a scenario to suit your argument, Unless you can read minds there is no way you can speculate on what 'probably' Akinde is thinking or feeling. For the record I agree with you about Akinde v Akyemang, I don't like your invented scenario, I hope that clears it up mate.

What's personal about what I said, You have invented a scenario to suit your argument, Unless you can read minds there is no way you can speculate on what 'probably' Akinde is thinking or feeling. For the record I agree with you about Akinde v Akyemang, I don't like your invented scenario, I hope that clears it up mate.

Sorry mate but it doesn't. Seems like you're a bit slow on the manners/awareness front. If you say that what someone has posted on here is "a crock of s**t" you are being abusive and personal.

It a good idea, until you know different, to assume that someone who posts on here is a genuine City fan deserving of respect as a fellow fan. Whereas someone who comes straight in with gratuitous rudeness may just be a "keyboard warrior" playing with ideas.

Yeah your right of course, Playing in a reserve game once every 2 weeks or so is so very much better than say perhaps playing every week.

So as long as he's playing every week he's getting better is he? and able to hold down a CCC first team place - with a league 1 side maybe, or is he a nicky maynard?

Sorry mate but it doesn't. Seems like you're a bit slow on the manners/awareness front. If you say that what someone has posted on here is "a crock of s**t" you are being abusive and personal.

It a good idea, until you know different, to assume that someone who posts on here is a genuine City fan deserving of respect as a fellow fan. Whereas someone who comes straight in with gratuitous rudeness may just be a "keyboard warrior" playing with ideas.

if it's a scenario you have invented then it's a crock of crap end of.

and I think everybody will see that the only abuse has come from you.

Interesting 'banter' on this topic !

Anyway, surely the main problem is the complete lack of any decent reserve team football, playing Forest Green or Salisbury reserves can't be good for anyone, especially up & coming youngsters.

Why don't the powers that be sort out, say, a regional 20 team league clubs only reserve competition ?

Why don't the powers that be sort out, say, a regional 20 team league clubs only reserve competition ?

Because it's a loss maker.

And on Akinde it's pretty simple.

We haven't seen him given a good chance, but the short cameos we've seen suggest he is worth that chance.

Hopefully we will avoid relegation and our season will be over with 6 or so games left, and Akinde, Ribeiro and Wilson need to play in all of those games.

Players don't improve much at all on loan beyond their first few league games.

Im certain Wilson will get a chance before the end of the season. He was stood waiting to come on just before Leicester scored but then went and sat back down once they did. Akinde I'd like to see as sub for 10-20 mins in games. But the poster who thinks his touch is good cannot of seen him play much.

Archived