IGNORED

Akinde

Im certain Wilson will get a chance before the end of the season. He was stood waiting to come on just before Leicester scored but then went and sat back down once they did. Akinde I'd like to see as sub for 10-20 mins in games. But the poster who thinks his touch is good cannot of seen him play much.

For a big bloke with long legs he has a good touch. That was obvious in his pre-season appearances for us.

Im certain Wilson will get a chance before the end of the season. He was stood waiting to come on just before Leicester scored but then went and sat back down once they did. Akinde I'd like to see as sub for 10-20 mins in games. But the poster who thinks his touch is good cannot of seen him play much.

His touch for a big bloke with long legs and a bit like Peter Crouch, is good.

That was obvious in his pre-season appearances for us. Surely our coaching staff should be able to improve all our players levels of skill if there is a short-fall

Because it's a loss maker.

And on Akinde it's pretty simple.

We haven't seen him given a good chance, but the short cameos we've seen suggest he is worth that chance.

Hopefully we will avoid relegation and our season will be over with 6 or so games left, and Akinde, Ribeiro and Wilson need to play in all of those games.

Players don't improve much at all on loan beyond their first few league games.

would be ideal but very optimistic! johnson could (and perhaps should) have done this last year once it was obvious with about 6 weeks to go that we were staying in the championship, instead he preferred to play stern john...in retrospect, he probably should also have played weale for a bit just to give him a chance, but c'est la vie.

We haven't seen him given a good chance, but the short cameos we've seen suggest he is worth that chance.

Hopefully we will avoid relegation and our season will be over with 6 or so games left, and Akinde, Ribeiro and Wilson need to play in all of those games.

Would be nice but can't see it myself. There always seems to be a good reason why these guys are not ready to play for City.

Unfortunately if this situation continues, i would not be surprised if lack of 1st team opportunities finally drives them away from the club. Sure there would be options for them in both league 1 and Championship.

Lets hope I am wrong on this and the club finally finds a way of displaying enough confidence to actually give them a run of games.

I don't think anyone is saying start him but he has to be a better option from the bench than our other 'forward' players.

When he has come on as sub he has made an impact unlike others, IMO he would be in Peterborough's 1st team if they would have signed him.

BCAGFC

Don't agree, start him I say.

From what I have seen of him, he is everything we need. Strong, reasonably quick, can finish, can head, tall, and has the intelligence. You have to remember he is only 19/20. He just needs experience in the same league we are. It is no good sending him to a league 1 or 2 side. He will then need to take an extra season to adapt to the pace and power of the CCC. Look how Maynard was last season, he had come from a lower division and didn't look anywhere near the player he is this season, yes he is off form, but even now he is playing better than he did last season! We need him on the bench or maybe even start a few if Maynard is still off form. Play him with Clarky and Danny up front. In the same position as Iwelumo (if he goes back which is looking likely), see how he does there.

Akinde is a very useful player, especially as sub. But as he is so raw, and at times clumsy- he is not ready to play the full 90 in this division. I personally think GJ is doing Akinde a favour by keeping him on loan for now. SAying all that, he was a good buy, and will be a brilliant striker in the years to come.englandsmile4wf.gif

Akinde is a very useful player, especially as sub. But as he is so raw, and at times clumsy- he is not ready to play the full 90 in this division. I personally think GJ is doing Akinde a favour by keeping him on loan for now. SAying all that, he was a good buy, and will be a brilliant striker in the years to come.englandsmile4wf.gif

I hope he sticks around that long mate.

For a big bloke with long legs he has a good touch. That was obvious in his pre-season appearances for us.

He's either got a good touch or he hasn't. It's not much use having a good touch "for a big bloke with long legs", opposing midfielders & defenders won't make allowances for that.

It's a bit like saying someone runs really fast for a bloke with one leg - he's not going to be much good on the wing, unless the opposing defender's only got one leg as well.

He's either got a good touch or he hasn't. It's not much use having a good touch "for a big bloke with long legs", opposing midfielders & defenders won't make allowances for that.

It's a bit like saying someone runs really fast for a bloke with one leg - he's not going to be much good on the wing, unless the opposing defender's only got one leg as well.

Got to tread carefully now mate. Don't want to upset anybody else. Big people tend to move slower than small people? Gianfranco Zola, small body and feet, nippy, brilliant touch? People with long legs and big feet can be clumsy? It takes them longer to move their legs because the levers are longer? Peter Crouch not clumsy very good touch? John Akinde not clumsy good touch

Got to tread carefully now mate. Don't want to upset anybody else. Big people tend to move slower than small people? Gianfranco Zola, small body and feet, nippy, brilliant touch? People with long legs and big feet can be clumsy? It takes them longer to move their legs because the levers are longer? Peter Crouch not clumsy very good touch? John Akinde not clumsy good touch

You won't upset me. I think you're agreeing with me anyway. Possibly. I certainly remember Crouch had a good touch with his hands.:ranting:

Archived