IGNORED

How Many More Humiliations

Robbored

dont think you can say anything about starting 11 mate, apart from Hartley has to start every game we did use all three subs but wrong players came off, the bottom line is they are just woefully short of confidence and the manager appears incapable of lifting them up

The right players came off, but they should not even have started.

The right players came off, but they should not even have started.

It doesn't matters who plays, the team gets selected by Johnson and therefore the buck stops with him. He's messed up selections, formations, substitutes and tactics so many times its laughable.

He's out of his depth and is slowly drowning, dragging our beloved club down with him.

That's just it though..... we are better than that.... which is why he hasn't been sacked yet.... but if he were to go, it's hardly after "a bad performance". It's after two seasons worth of bad performances! I think that's very patient, to be honest. Today's match and his lack of decisive action to tackle the problems showed (for me once again) that he does not have a clue how to turn it round.... and he ain't gonna get any help from Captain Clipboard either!

Why would getting rid of Johnson be utterly stupid? We're sliding toward relegation - last time I checked, taking action to try and halt that slide doesn't count as stupid - taking no action counts as stupid.

You're right about one thing though - Johnson ain't a quitter....to quit would be to accept responsibility... and he's far to arrogant to see any failings on his behalf - didn't you know? It's everyone else's fault! And to be honest, why would he quit? 2 years into a 5 year deal. Even if he could see his own failings, he would surely allow himself to be sacked and pick up a nice large severance pay than to quit with little or nothing.

Because

1. SL gave him a 5 yr deal, we all agreed at the time this is a great day for the club, have we forgotten so much so soon?

2. Consider what we have achieved under his guidance, from where we ewre to where we are now, does that not count for nothing?

3. You dont become a shit manager, you just have ups and downs like everyone human does, we have to back him, we owe it too him.

4. The fans showing loyalty to him says a lot about us too, we are all to quick to question players loyalty, hypocrisy here?

5. It shows SL is not a flimflam type of guy, he saw a 5 yr deal in GJ as an investment for the Club, are people questioning SL's financial acumen here?

6. We tried to hard to win today, we forgot to play the game and it cost us, if your going to sack a manager for trying to play attacking football at home then fine, but chances are you were probably one of the ones who not so long ago suggesting GJ is a bottler and we should attack more and play 442, If Johnson is guilty hes guilty of giving a shit and caring about the fans, maybe he shouldn't bother.

7. The alternatives are in no way guaranteed to be better.

I'll come backj and finish this off this later, there are plenty more, but I need to go eat.

Because

1. SL gave him a 5 yr deal, we all agreed at the time this is a great day for the club, have we forgotten so much so soon?

2. Consider what we have achieved under his guidance, from where we ewre to where we are now, does that not count for nothing?

3. You dont become a shit manager, you just have ups and downs like everyone human does, we have to back him, we owe it too him.

4. The fans showing loyalty to him says a lot about us too, we are all to quick to question players loyalty, hypocrisy here?

5. It shows SL is not a flimflam type of guy, he saw a 5 yr deal in GJ as an investment for the Club, are people questioning SL's financial acumen here?

6. We tried to hard to win today, we forgot to play the game and it cost us, if your going to sack a manager for trying to play attacking football at home then fine, but chances are you were probably one of the ones who not so long ago suggesting GJ is a bottler and we should attack more and play 442, If Johnson is guilty hes guilty of giving a shit and caring about the fans, maybe he shouldn't bother.

7. The alternatives are in no way guaranteed to be better.

I'll come backj and finish this off this later, there are plenty more, but I need to go eat.

1. Not sure we all agreed. I for one was wary of the length of the contract. I'm pretty sure a few said at the time that whilst it secures us if another club comes in for him it also stops us from getting rid easily if it all went wrong.

2. From where we were? If we continue on this run - we'll be right back there. Then where does that argument stand?

3. You may not become a shit manager - but everyone has their level. What makes you so sure that league 1 ain't Johnson's?

4. The fans have been loyal for a long time. Two or more seasons of this dross we've had, yet it's only this year that the dissent is starting to settle in the ranks. That shows that the fans have been willing to give him time to prove himself, but maybe now consider that he;s had enough time and is now leading the club backwards.

5. It could also say that SL is guilty of misjudgment based on a good season in a poor league - we all make mistakes. That doesn't mean that we question his financial acumen, but rather that he made a rather poor football decision/

6. We did? Seemed to me we tried hard to lose the bloody game. And as I said before, you don't sack the manager on the back of one bad performance - if he was to be sacked now, then today would simply have been the straw that broke the camels back. And don't give me bullshit about Johnson caring about the fans - he only cares about the fans who say "yes Mr Johnson, no Mr Johnson, three bags full Mr Johnson". If you dare disagree with him and let him know it, then everything's all of a sudden the fans' fault. He cares only about keeping his own slopey shoulder well oiled.

7. And neither is the "better the devil you know" approach guaranteed to be better either. We've stuck with that approach and the slide continues. Changes are needed and if Johnson isn't the one that goes, then Captain Clipboard must be.

That was shocking again today. It wasn't as if City were up against a top side but City made Donny look like world beaters. They ripped us apart with some schoolboy defending and in all fairness some clever Donny play.

Four goals in the first 15 mins promised a decent, flowing game but that was as good as it got and in the second half City didn't create one chance despite all the huffing and puffing. The managers substitutions were baffling and caused an angry reaction particularly when JCR was subbed.

Johnson simply has no idea and its even clearer now after todays shambles that he is out of his depth. If he offers his resignation to SL then I hope our chairman accepts it. The boo's echoing around AG at the final whistle sends a very loud message.

This isn't the first tme we have been embarressed by Johnsons tactics/substitutions. Surely enough is enough.

....well if Gary Johnson is still at Ashton Gate next season - with his son in midfield - I'll find something better to do on Saturday afternoons like watch the grass grow in my garden. Let's put the current dross into perspective, at no time since 1897 - when BCFC became BCFC - have we been beaten anywhere near 0-6 and 2-5 at home by Cardiff and Doncaster Rovers respectively. Those results represent a true stain on this club's historical record and they've happened in the same season under the same manager - Gary Johnson. With all the resources at Gary Johnson's disposal and money spent the club finds itself just 5 points off a relegation place and relegation does beckon after today's performance against Doncaster.

It really is time for Johnson to go NOW. He's lost the plot completely

He wouldn't be the first manager to lose his job this season after getting beat by 'little Donny Rovers'. I thought this second tier footie would be a bit harder than this you know but we're heading to a comfortable end to the season again. Them Play-offs look possible for those of us in the top half of the league as well. ;)

He wouldn't be the first manager to lose his job this season after getting beat by 'little Donny Rovers'. I thought this second tier footie would be a bit harder than this you know but we're heading to a comfortable end to the season again. Them Play-offs look possible for those of us in the top half of the league as well. ;)

Not only today's record home league defeat against 'little Donny Rovers' but 0-6 against Baaaadiff and all the home draws 'snatched from the jaws of victory' with last minute opposition equalizers mean that Gary Johnson should have been sacked months ago.

....well if Gary Johnson is still at Ashton Gate next season - with his son in midfield - I'll find something better to do on Saturday afternoons like watch the grass grow in my garden. Let's put the current dross into perspective, at no time since 1897 - when BCFC became BCFC - have we been beaten anywhere near 0-6 and 2-5 at home by Cardiff and Doncaster Rovers respectively. Those results represent a true stain on this club's historical record and they've happened in the same season under the same manager - Gary Johnson. With all the resources at Gary Johnson's disposal and money spent the club finds itself just 5 points off a relegation place and relegation does beckon after today's performance against Doncaster.

Lee Johnson had **** all to do with the 6 nil defeat against cardiff for info. it was our best pairing of Hartley and Skuse in midfield. Its ****ing boring that he keeps taking the blame when things go wrong yet when things go well its instead of him not because of him. Yeah blame GJ if you are not happy, blame the board or blame Millen but why do people keep ****ing bringing up LJ for the sake of it. If it was just LJ who was bad the team would be able to carry him, the problem is we have too many players who are not good enough to compete at the top end of the league but because Lee is the son of the manager it must be his fault.

Not only today's record home league defeat against 'little Donny Rovers' but 0-6 against Baaaadiff and all the home draws 'snatched from the jaws of victory' with last minute opposition equalizers mean that Gary Johnson should have been sacked months ago.

I thought the 6nil against cardiff was the record home defeat?

Lee Johnson had **** all to do with the 6 nil defeat against cardiff for info. it was our best pairing of Hartley and Skuse in midfield. Its ****ing boring that he keeps taking the blame when things go wrong yet when things go well its instead of him not because of him. Yeah blame GJ if you are not happy, blame the board or blame Millen but why do people keep ****ing bringing up LJ for the sake of it. If it was just LJ who was bad the team would be able to carry him, the problem is we have too many players who are not good enough to compete at the top end of the league but because Lee is the son of the manager it must be his fault.

I more or less agree. There is more to it than LJ being the manager's son though. Whether he's good enough or not he needs to go. It hasn't worked out for him here and it never will. It's best for all concerned if he leaves at the end of the season.

I more or less agree. There is more to it than LJ being the manager's son though. Whether he's good enough or not he needs to go. It hasn't worked out for him here and it never will. It's best for all concerned if he leaves at the end of the season.

Probably the case. No. It is the case. He needs to go for his own sake and for ours but I don't thinks it has anything to do with his football ability (or lack of according to others,) he is, to no fault of his own, tearing the crowd apart to the extent I haven't seen since Sean Dyche was around.

The record home league defeat at Ashton Gate was against Derby in the 1920s. Cardiff 0-6 and Doncaster 2-5 represent the heaviest home league defeats inflicted on us by those clubs.

Oh. Well that clears that up.

I wonder if Lee Johnson played in the game against Derby? :read:

Oh. Well that clears that up.

I wonder if Lee Johnson played in the game against Derby? :read:

During the 1920s we had a Scottish manager with real footballing pedigree. Alexander Raisbeck was his name and he guided this club to two Div 3 Championships - a club record to this day. He may have taken over at the club following that record home defeat against Derby. Whatever your views on the capabilities of the Johnson family, they definately don't seem capable of taking the club forward.

During the 1920s we had a Scottish manager with real footballing pedigree. Alexander Raisbeck was his name and he guided this club to two Div 3 Championships - a club record to this day. He may have taken over at the club following that record home defeat against Derby. Whatever your views on the capabilities of the Johnson family, they definately don't seem capable of taking the club forward.

I think you will find that he was the Liverpool captain at the start of the 1900s during there early success, I must admit I never knew he managed us at one time but as a Liverpool follower I have heard of the name.

Archived