IGNORED

Johnson Speaks

Gazred

"Too much went wrong today right from the first couple of minutes. "We're disappointed with how the game has gone. We managed to fight back from 1-0 and 2-1 down and Nicky Maynard even hit the crossbar at 2-2.

"However, the game was too open as far as we were concerned. Every time they got the ball they looked dangerous. They had a few players who were on their game and we weren't able to handle them.

"The defensive display as a team was very, very poor. Of course you don't want to let in five goals at home.

"It's like a dagger into your heart with every goal that goes in.

"People don't want to hear talking, they want some action. The action I can do in a short space of time up to the Crystal Palace game (on Tuesday) is get a solid defensive unit together.

"We didn't compete with them man-for-man and whatever they did ended with a goal.

"We're as disappointed as everybody else but we have to do something about it very quickly.

"The analysis started in the dressing room and it's a soul-destroying result. Everyone is down but we have get back on the training ground tomorrow and work hard.

"We've got three away games to prove to people there's still a spirit in the camp. A lot of work, soul searching and agressive coaching has got to happen."

City were beaten 6-0 by Cardiff in January using a 4-4-2 formation and lost heavily with the same shape today.

Gary reasoned: "A 4-4-2 doesn't have to be open.

"You have to be more compact in a 4-4-2 and it's easy to when the defenders squeeze up, the wide men squeeze in and the forwards have to work hard to get back in.

"You can make it compact but we didn't do it. We gave them too big an area to move into."

Same old same old isnt it? Put in the performances and the results will follow, stop whittering on about shape and formation blah blah blah

"Too much went wrong today right from the first couple of minutes. "We're disappointed with how the game has gone. We managed to fight back from 1-0 and 2-1 down and Nicky Maynard even hit the crossbar at 2-2.

"However, the game was too open as far as we were concerned. Every time they got the ball they looked dangerous. They had a few players who were on their game and we weren't able to handle them.

"The defensive display as a team was very, very poor. Of course you don't want to let in five goals at home.

"It's like a dagger into your heart with every goal that goes in.

"People don't want to hear talking, they want some action. The action I can do in a short space of time up to the Crystal Palace game (on Tuesday) is get a solid defensive unit together.

"We didn't compete with them man-for-man and whatever they did ended with a goal.

"We're as disappointed as everybody else but we have to do something about it very quickly.

"The analysis started in the dressing room and it's a soul-destroying result. Everyone is down but we have get back on the training ground tomorrow and work hard.

"We've got three away games to prove to people there's still a spirit in the camp. A lot of work, soul searching and agressive coaching has got to happen."

City were beaten 6-0 by Cardiff in January using a 4-4-2 formation and lost heavily with the same shape today.

Gary reasoned: "A 4-4-2 doesn't have to be open.

"You have to be more compact in a 4-4-2 and it's easy to when the defenders squeeze up, the wide men squeeze in and the forwards have to work hard to get back in.

"You can make it compact but we didn't do it. We gave them too big an area to move into."

Same old same old isnt it? Put in the performances and the results will follow, stop whittering on about shape and formation blah blah blah

Why did we lose at home to Donny 2-5 ? answer GJ has completely lost it, but it seems as though he is here for a while yet :w00t: we`ll just have to hope there is gonna be 3 other teams that are in a bigger mess than us then :yawn:

"People don't want to hear talking, they want some action. The action I can do in a short space of time up to the Crystal Palace game (on Tuesday) is get a solid defensive unit together".

This comment alone proves the bloke has not got a clue. This need for a solid defensive unit has been an issue for weeks. Why is he talking about all he can do in a short space of time? He has had months and still keeps rolling out the same back line. What do they work on all week?

Carey - no leadership whatsoever, doesn't shout, doesn't do anything - a legend whose halo is slipping

Nyatanga - flapper who panics and it is hilarious to me that he is an international

Fontaine - confidence shot as he is a shadow of himself

Orr - only defender worthy of his place. Shows passion and desire that should embarass his bristolian captain

Think GJ should listen to Dave Jones, "players will turn off if you keep slating them".

Louis is a shadow of the player he used to be and is never captain material in a million years but he isn't the only one to blame.

We WILL get beat 1-0 at Palarse on tuesday, probably with an 85th minute goal and then we are really in the doo-doo.

I will be extremely disappointed if SL pulls the plug on the new stadium WHEN we go down as he will be partly to blame for sticking with GJ when it is blatantly obvious that a change is required.

BCAGFC

On a day when we should have been remembering a City great in Fred Wedlock we put a display on like that???

If dear old Fred had already been laid to rest he would already been turning in his grave and I am sure a certain Adriano is having a sly chuckle tonight - GOD BLESS THE PAIR OF THEM.

As for Millen (who presumably is "meant" to be coaching our circus defence) you can stick that stupid clipboard right where the sun will never shine you clueless imbecile?

Think GJ should listen to Dave Jones, "players will turn off if you keep slating them".

Louis is a shadow of the player he used to be and is never captain material in a million years but he isn't the only one to blame.

We WILL get beat 1-0 at Palarse on tuesday, probably with an 85th minute goal and then we are really in the doo-doo.

I will be extremely disappointed if SL pulls the plug on the new stadium WHEN we go down as he will be partly to blame for sticking with GJ when it is blatantly obvious that a change is required.

BCAGFC

There are huge losses that could occur if things dont get sorted pretty soon, I hope SL`s faith in GJ is correct as I have no belief in GJ at all.

Said it elsewhere but its 5pts below us now and its not going away :yawn:

Guest clevedonred

"People don't want to hear talking, they want some action. The action I can do in a short space of time up to the Crystal Palace game (on Tuesday) is get a solid defensive unit together".

This comment alone proves the bloke has not got a clue. This need for a solid defensive unit has been an issue for weeks. Why is he talking about all he can do in a short space of time? He has had months and still keeps rolling out the same back line. What do they work on all week?

Carey - no leadership whatsoever, doesn't shout, doesn't do anything - a legend whose halo is slipping

Nyatanga - flapper who panics and it is hilarious to me that he is an international, Bear in mind it is Wales we're talking about

Fontaine - confidence shot as he is a shadow of himself

Orr - only defender worthy of his place. Shows passion and desire that should embarass his bristolian captain

GJ said.... "A 4-4-2 doesn't have to be open.

FFS...Since when did Maynard, Haynes or JCR ever track back. We effectively played with 2 in Midfield today. No wonder the back four were over run. It's not rocket science to see this team was never going to defend as a unit.

It's totally unfair on our back four. They are under pressure constantly because of our lack of tracking back.

The Palarse game will be ultra defensive and a knee jerk reaction. 5-4-1....mark my words.

On a day when we should have been remembering a City great in Fred Wedlock we put a display on like that???

If dear old Fred had already been laid to rest he would already been turning in his grave and I am sure a certain Adriano is having a sly chuckle tonight - GOD BLESS THE PAIR OF THEM.

As for Millen (who presumably is "meant" to be coaching our circus defence) you can stick that stupid clipboard right where the sun will never shine you clueless imbecile?

?

"We need more from the players"

"We need more from the fans"

"Things just didn't happen"

"We'll get it right on the training ground"

It's the same old stuff. This is a classic case of a manager going beyond his sell-by date and losing the goodwill of fans which like him.

If he stays, we will go down.

If people don't think it is that serious (because we beat WBA), I would just say to you think for a minute that in two games vs Cardiff and Doncaster at home, we conceded 11 goals.

Eleven.

At home.

Gary always argued that 4-4-2 is too open. This and the Cardiff game prove it but now he says it isn't. I suppose he could claim some credit for not saying I told you so!

He should have stuck to his guns and not caved into pressure from fans to change. All the talk on here in January was of signing a left winger and entertainment as if we were going to rip Championship sides apart. A small minority argued that we needed a dominant centre half more but that got little response. So the fans got what they wanted and presumably would not swap with Swansea, who score very few goals but let few in and are in the top 6.

Nevertheless our defence has looked shaky most of the season whatever formation we have played. Yet the constant late goals conceded were brushed under the carpet, the Cardiff game was dismissed as a fluke by Manager, player and fans alike and the West Brom result just led to complacency. As far as I know the only comment Gary has made about the defence is that we are missing McCombe; apparently he didn't notice how dreadful he was when he was playing.

You don't solve a problem until you admit you have one.:disapointed2se:

Archived