IGNORED

I Think We Need A Good Keeper

nellie

Gerken is a wicked keeper! Yes he makes some mistakes from time to time, but that doesn't change the fact that if it wasn't for him, we could have lost 8 or 9 - 2. He would have been my man of the match yesterday, as Orr is a defender and he was shocking in that department. Gerken was also the MOTM at the Ipswich game.

Gerken is a wicked keeper! Yes he makes some mistakes from time to time, but that doesn't change the fact that if it wasn't for him, we could have lost 8 or 9 - 2. He would have been my man of the match yesterday, as Orr is a defender and he was shocking in that department. Gerken was also the MOTM at the Ipswich game.

That`s the worrying thing, Gerken is MOM every week.

The Basso situation is an utter tragedy for this club.

Ironic after yesterdays shambles that it came only hours after we had just released our best player,

our inspiration on and off the pitch,

AND it now seems very clear the guy who sucessfully led and organised our defensive unit.

This said gerken is not the heart of the problem defensively.

We need a midfield sweeper in front of the back four who has the discipline to hold his position. With Elliott injured that must be Skuse. Not rocket science.

It amazes me what selectvememories people have on this forum.

Basso had a bad season last year- the cross over his head into the net the best, his kicking was worse than Gerkens and he also failed to command his area with many goals scored from headers inside the 6 yard box.

Gerken managed to keep the score down to five yesterday - without him it would have been much higher.

His right hook on Sharpe yesterday will remain with me for many years to come - for that one action he should be knighted!

It amazes me what selectvememories people have on this forum.

Basso had a bad season last year- the cross over his head into the net the best, his kicking was worse than Gerkens and he also failed to command his area with many goals scored from headers inside the 6 yard box.

Gerken managed to keep the score down to five yesterday - without him it would have been much higher.

His right hook on Sharpe yesterday will remain with me for many years to come - for that one action he should be knighted!

Perhaps you should have a look at how many clean sheets we kept last season before posting this!!!!

the problem with gerks, yes hes a good shot stopper - but he was never meant to be our number 1 keeper - the one that got away was Chris Weale - left because he was bored of not gettin opportunities in the first team , just look how well leicester are doing with him in between the sticks.

i hear there is some chap called Basso availible on a free at the moment !!!!

I think you are talking crap. Deano is a good keeper, he has come into the club at a time when the 10 blokes in front of him are playing poorly.

Sure he has made a couple of mistakes but so did Basso last year (Cardiff & Wolves from memory).

His reactions are good and he has had some outstanding games (Newcastle springs to mind).

Archived