IGNORED

Time To Back Johnson, And The Team Or Dont Turn Up

Mrdc

What after the whole "conference manager" thing?

And the whole "I didn't rate him when he got us promoted and in the playoff final" thing?

And "I resigned from the supporters club because I had no confidence in him" but were happy under Danny Wilson and Brian Tinnion thing?

Take your comments seriously? :rofl2br:

Not forgetting the 'two years of lucky results' thing. :rofl2br:

Reverse it 15th, 10th, 4th we would be saying he is the best manager since sliced bread, expectations went through the roof after the first season and anyone who knows anything about football knows that was a poor championship league that season the teams and quality have gone up a level in the last two years unfortunely we have not stepped up to this level.

agree wit your sentemint but expcetatons were high cos of gj not the fans. a trawl back thro the press will proof as mutch. hes the 1 always bangen on about prmotion,, playoffs etc. hes the 1 puttin the pressure on, not us the fans. hes reached the end of line and has to go befor tis to late.

We are not in a great position at the moment in time but I think we all need to take a deep breath, step back and maybe even a **** and remember where we have come from.

t

For almost ten years we were messing around in League 1 and let's be honest it wasn't much fun. Gary Johnson comes along and two years later we are a Championship club and then one year later, ony one game away from the Premier League, the best season we have had in almost 30 years.

We are in a really tough league, look at some of the teams who are in the same division as us and we are tiny compared to them in terms of support and revenue.

Johnson is without doubt the best manager we have had in almost 30 years and now I am stunned that it seems so many fans want a change and oust the man who got us to within one game of the Premier League.

The attendances have been shocking this season, 13,000 is pathetic for a club who want to be kicking onto the Premier League.

I think that many fans need to take a long hard look at themselves and should write a personal letter of apology to Gary.

For the Newcastle game either please come along and show 100% support to the team, otherwise please just stay away. We need fans who will show 100% support to the team. Moaning, groaning, booing and negative chants are not going to help our club.

Please just stop and think before this stupid campaign to drive the most successful manager we have had in 30 years out succeeds.

One of the stupidest posts I think I have ever read.You think the fans should take a long hard look at themselves, well how about Johnson doing that.If he had done it last season we might be in a better position.The problem is when Jiohnson takes a look at himself he always sees that he is perfect and never responsible for anything that goes wrong.If he cannot admit mistakes we will never improve as a team or him as a Manager.If he stays and I think he will I hope you will be back on to tell us what a successful manager he has been when we are back in league 1.

What after the whole "conference manager" thing?

He's not doing so well in the Championship.

And the whole "I didn't rate him when he got us promoted and in the playoff final" thing?

Thats right. City had a great deal of good fortune that season, plus it being a piss poor league. Didn't score many goals either.

And "I resigned from the supporters club because I had no confidence in him" but were happy under Danny Wilson and Brian Tinnion thing?

Don't remember saying that resigned as SC Chairman because I had no faith in Johnson. Nor did I say that I was happy under Tinnion. I did like Wilson though. He played far better football than Johnson does.

Take your comments seriously? rofl2br.gif

Maybe you should.

"Don't remember saying that resigned as SC Chairman because I had no faith in Johnson."

Memory failing you?

For the record, I resigned as SC Chairman. It was my decision to step down. No-one pushed me, I was asked to stay on but felt that I had no more to offer. That and other personal reasons at the time persuaded me into stepping down. Nothing at all to do with Gary Johnson having influence in sacking me.

The bottom line is that I could not continue as Chairman of the SC when I had no confidence in the manager. I saw through him when he asked me to be to part of his 'inner circle' which of course meant supporting him, at least in public. My principles could not allow it so I stepped down. I would also add that at the time there was other personal shite going in my life which disabled me from giving my full attention to the SC and so it was not just solely the difficulties with the new manager.

One thing i think is totally ****ing out of order is fans now personaly abusing Gary Johnson with name calling. Most of us think its time for a change, but what people are now calling him is disgracful. If you want him to go, fair enough, but this bloke DID DO wonders for the club, not at present we all know this, but for ****s sake there is no need to abuse him in the manner that is now happening. Most suppoters who are calling for his head are doing in a dignified manner, he still should get respect for what he has done, not for what he is doing at the moment, but no way should he be called these bang out of order insults.

I tend to agree with these sentiments. I think he should have been shown the door after Cardiff and I also believe he has reached the peak of his management capabilty and is now out of his depth. I have no problem with the chants of "you don't what you're doing...etc" however no one can seriously doubt that he has done his best for the club and achieved a great deal, therefore personal animosity and abuse is entirely uncalled for.

I don't think anyone does themself much credit resorting to name calling either the manager or his family just to make a point. It's not necessary really as things are so bad on the pitch that there is more than enough ammo to make a case for his departure.

I hope that when he goes and he is bound to at some time, that we show a bit of dignity, say thanks and goodbye and look forward to the success of the next manager who ever that might be.

I repeat....... Take your comments seriously? disapointed2se.gif

I dont even take the Churchill quote at the bottom of his posts seriously. For someone with so little back bone for the fight to make it look like he is right up for it is laughable in its self.

I tend to agree with these sentiments. I think he should have been shown the door after Cardiff and I also believe he has reached the peak of his management capabilty and is now out of his depth. I have no problem with the chants of "you don't what you're doing...etc" however no one can seriously doubt that he has done his best for the club and achieved a great deal, therefore personal animosity and abuse is entirely uncalled for.

I don't think anyone does themself much credit resorting to name calling either the manager or his family just to make a point. It's not necessary really as things are so bad on the pitch that there is more than enough ammo to make a case for his departure.

I hope that when he goes and he is bound to at some time, that we show a bit of dignity, say thanks and goodbye and look forward to the success of the next manager who ever that might be.

Abuse is part of football when you sign the contract you know which ways it can go, traffic wardens, police, bouncers ETC you have agreed to put yourself in that situation where abuse is likely to happen.

We are not in a great position at the moment in time but I think we all need to take a deep breath, step back and maybe even a **** and remember where we have come from.

t

For almost ten years we were messing around in League 1 and let's be honest it wasn't much fun. Gary Johnson comes along and two years later we are a Championship club and then one year later, ony one game away from the Premier League, the best season we have had in almost 30 years.

We are in a really tough league, look at some of the teams who are in the same division as us and we are tiny compared to them in terms of support and revenue.

Johnson is without doubt the best manager we have had in almost 30 years and now I am stunned that it seems so many fans want a change and oust the man who got us to within one game of the Premier League.

The attendances have been shocking this season, 13,000 is pathetic for a club who want to be kicking onto the Premier League.

I think that many fans need to take a long hard look at themselves and should write a personal letter of apology to Gary.

For the Newcastle game either please come along and show 100% support to the team, otherwise please just stay away. We need fans who will show 100% support to the team. Moaning, groaning, booing and negative chants are not going to help our club.

Please just stop and think before this stupid campaign to drive the most successful manager we have had in 30 years out succeeds.

I wish it would make a difference if we all showed unwaivering support for GJ, but to spark that, there has to be a sign that GJ has what it takes to keep the club going in the right direction.

This division has got stronger and we don't seem to have the game to match it. Looking at the team sheet it's a good squad so altamately resluts are going to dictate the fate of GJ but we may shortly be in a relegation battle, in which case, your dream of unity may happen in the face of adversity.

I actually think that our form, performance, and results from now until the end of the season is down to the players and only the players. I hope that some leadership within the squad can get the boys together to avoid relegation.

Wether GJ stays or goes is irrellivent now, we all want the same thing and we will all do what we think is right, be it cheering or be it booing.

You redz.

I agree with your sentiment "get behind the team" but however do you come to the conclusion that Johnson is the best manager we have had in 30 years which means you value Johnson better than Cooper, Dicks and Jordan. plll.

Hello. At this time idont care who the best manager is. Only hoping points tonight. Fight to avoid relegation. We from Sweden are coming over in april and by then I hope we are in a better place in the table. Always believe.

Context?blink.gif

"The bottom line is that I could not continue as Chairman of the SC when I had no confidence in the manager. I saw through him when he asked me to be to part of his 'inner circle' which of course meant supporting him, at least in public. My principles could not allow it so I stepped down.

I would also add that at the time there was other personal shite going in my life which disabled me from giving my full attention to the SC and so it was not just solely the difficulties with the new manager"

First and second paragraphs. The full context.

"The bottom line is that I could not continue as Chairman of the SC when I had no confidence in the manager. I saw through him when he asked me to be to part of his 'inner circle' which of course meant supporting him, at least in public. My principles could not allow it so I stepped down.

I would also add that at the time there was other personal shite going in my life which disabled me from giving my full attention to the SC and so it was not just solely the difficulties with the new manager"

But the bottom line was?

Yes i do thanks...... i am a supporter of BCFC and not the fat cockney midget.

The sooner he goes the better.

I agree wed be better off with a new manager but there isnt any need for insults. He hasnt deliberately got us in this position and is imo really trying to get us out of it. Maybe he feels if he leaves now itd be a failure. (which it would) Its down to the chairman to show some balls and get rid. IMO.

I said it yesterday on a different thread but Colin Calderwood did good things at Forest, got them promoted, under performed and then got the sack. They had the balls to do it and now look where they are. These people who say changing the manager de-stabilises the club are talking nonsense. Poor results destabilise the club.

Using Forest this season is fair enough but you probably dont need me to point out the many instances where it has NOT worked.

At any other club Gary Johnson would have been sacked by now after 2 heavy home 'debacle' defeats, it is only because we have a chairman with buckets full of patience that he is still here.

Our record over the last 50 to 60 games is pathetic and relegation form and other than the brief 3 games respite we were back to normal yesterday, clueless formation and mistakes left, right & centre.

We need a change to liven things up, mark my words QPR & Palarse will NOT be relegated but we could well be with GJ in charge.

And if he does manage to scrape us out of it, where do we go next season, we can't afford to throw more cash at it, so how do we make sure this crisis doesn't happen again.

I admire some posters positiveness but that will NOT save us from relegation.

BCAGFC

What a crazy couple of statements to make!! How can you be SO sure that those two teams will be safe and yet you're so dismissive of us?

On another note to other people who have posted on this thread stating that they "follow Bristol City" and not Gary Johnson, please bear in mind, GJ is part of the team that make up Bristol City, in the same way that all the other players and staff at Bristol City are part of the team.

I admit that things haven't been great recently, but we've got to have faith that we'll be safe with GJ in charge until the end of the season.

mrdc - looking at the time of your posts I can only assume you sent these from the hotel pre-game? Come on, are you Gary or Keith in disguise...? Or a member of Gary's family employed by the club, not that I can remember all of the names...?

city.gif A good post from a real supporter and all he seems to get is abuse.

Maybe our 'supporters' don't deserve a manager as good as Johnson.

The names suggested as replacements for him don't inspire me so lets back OUR manager.

I know the abuse is shocking I cant sleep, cant eat, cannot leave the house due to the fear and now on prozac....3-0 to city tonight...

Part of the "inner circle" Jeepers - RR you did right! Just makes me dislike GJ even more - what a pillock "inner circle" (crawl up my arse more like) made me feel ill reading that (missed it first time)!

Have I been wrong this and last season? I don't think so.

Maybe you should take my comments more seriously.

I reckon you got it wrong with your famous thread about Gary Johnson being 'a Conference manager' as he's proven to be a 'Div 1 manager' as his highest division of competency. We now need to get rid of him if we are to progress. People give the example of Alan Dicks being given time by Harry Dolman but Alan Dicks was a young manager when he joined us and he did make good use of the younger players at the club and cultivated them to players of top flight status. That just is not going to happen under Gary Johnson so that's the expensive BCFC academy products down the pan with Gary Johnson in charge.

Archived