IGNORED

Make Hartley The Captain

Nogbad the Bad

Louis Carey hasn't seemed to exactly thrive on the responsibility of Captaincy lately.

His form is inconsistent, there is no sign of him being inspirational, and it almost seems a burden to him.

Time to make Paul Hartley our leader on the pitch. Play him every match ( even if only for 75-80 mins. if the games are coming thick and fast) and build a settled team around his leadership.

He would surely flourish with the Captain's responsibility, would instil fight into the team by leading by example, and this change to a more vociferous and inspirational leader could galvanise the team giving us the best chance of turning around our form and avoiding relegation.

Carey would benefit as well with the added responsibility lifted off his shoulders and could concentrate on his own game.

It really is time for a change and Hartley becoming Captain would have the added benefit of making his the first name on the team sheet each week.

City invested alot in this experienced international player and we need to use him to best effect now by offering him the Captaincy at this critical time and giving him the opportunity of leading the club to safety.

Drop him yes but don't take the captaincy of him you never hear of captaincy changing halfway through a season and to do that to Carey would be madness. You don't have to be a captain to be a leader on the pitch.

Why would it be madness to 'do that to Carey'?

We're in serious trouble and Carey shows no sign of being the influential and inspirational figure a Captain should be, especially in a situation where the team is crying out for leadership.

By the way you need to be actually on the pitch to be a leader, this would be one way of ensuring Hartley was out there.

You seem to be in favour of dropping Carey, wouldn't that mean we need a new Captain?

Louis Carey hasn't seemed to exactly thrive on the responsibility of Captaincy lately.

His form is inconsistent, there is no sign of him being inspirational, and it almost seems a burden to him.

Time to make Paul Hartley our leader on the pitch. Play him every match ( even if only for 75-80 mins. if the games are coming thick and fast) and build a settled team around his leadership.

He would surely flourish with the Captain's responsibility, would instil fight into the team by leading by example, and this change to a more vociferous and inspirational leader could galvanise the team giving us the best chance of turning around our form and avoiding relegation.

Carey would benefit as well with the added responsibility lifted off his shoulders and could concentrate on his own game.

It really is time for a change and Hartley becoming Captain would have the added benefit of making his the first name on the team sheet each week.

City invested alot in this experienced international player and we need to use him to best effect now by offering him the Captaincy at this critical time and giving him the opportunity of leading the club to safety.

I agree about giving Hartley the captaincy. I mentioned this some weeks ago. The rest of your comments?.. some yes some no.

Being dropped does not me the captaincy has been took of you. Alot of great captains over the years have been dropped due to lack of form, what a great idea when the player is down not feeling great lets take away the thing he is proud of doing that will help.

He's not a great Captain and he won't feel great if he's dropped like you advocate either.

I'm really not interested if a player might be upset, tough luck, things are serious and something needs to change on the pitch..

As I say, promoting Hartley to Captain would, in my opinion, increase our chances of turning this round and avoiding relegation.

That's all I'm interested in.

He's not a great Captain and he won't feel great if he's dropped like you advocate either.

I'm really not interested if a player might be upset, tough luck, things are serious and something needs to change on the pitch..

As I say, promoting Hartley to Captain would, in my opinion, increase our chances of turning this round and avoiding relegation.

Agree 100% on this.

Would he had been a great captain if we beat Hull?

Would he had been a great captain if we beat Hull?

I'm saying that currently he is not a great Captain, and he doesn't look to have the inspirational leadership qualities the team is so desperate for.

You talk of dropping him, but not replacing him as Captain to spare his feelings.

Doesn't make sense to me, if he's not on his game to such an extent that you would drop him, he really isn't the man to lead the fight.

Unlike you I would probably not drop him, just relieve him of the Captain's responsibility, which I think would benefit both Louis and the team.

Yes give the captaincy to someone who can only play one game in aweek that makes sence to me becuase from now to the end of the season we haven't got loads of games. Wow.

Who says Hartley can only play one game a week?

Making Hartley Captain would mean he would start every game, and GJ could build a settled team and formation around him.

If he has to come off early in a particular game because we've got 3 games in a week so be it. Play someone else for 20 minutes.

Otherwise he should be fine, and it makes great sense to me to give the Captaincy to an experienced international in our current predicament.

You question him not me?. I didn't say drop him have you ever played football?. I played Bristol Boys U14, U15, muppet of the manager Kenneth not going to mention second name decided to make me captain in a final against Exeter at Almonsdbury. Phil Sarjent capatain all the games previously and who went on to play a few games for Rovers reserves was told before the game the captaincy was to be given to me. He played shit took of at half time Warren woops destroyed his confidence by doing that. Schoolboy forms WBA aswell not boasting. Last club i played for the mighty Imperial good times.

You question him not me?. I didn't say drop him have you ever played football?. I played Bristol Boys U14, U15, muppet of the manager Kenneth not going to mention second name decided to make me captain in a final against Exeter at Almonsdbury. Phil Sarjent capatain all the games previously and who went on to play a few games for Rovers reserves was told before the game the captaincy was to be given to me. He played shit took of at half time Warren woops destroyed his confidence by doing that. Schoolboy forms WBA aswell not boasting. Last club i played for the mighty Imperial good times.

Well maybe you didn't do your job as captain and motivate your playerswhistle.gif

Motivate mate you have not played football, motivation is in your body as a player that ball is your life.

Yes I have played football and I have captained sides. And as captain of those teams I saw it as my responsibility to keep everyone motivated. If someone made a mistake you encourage them etc... It seems like you are the one who has never played football ...

Drop him yes i said, i stand corrected but to take the captaincy of someone is madness is it all Carey's fault do you really think taking this job of him and giving to a Scottish player who plays one game in a week is going to help?

Why does it matter if he is Scottish?

Yes I have played football and I have captained sides. And as captain of those teams I saw it as my responsibility to keep everyone motivated. If someone made a mistake you encourage them etc... It seems like you are the one who has never played football ...

Mate, ever been inside the old changing rooms at AG, Mark Co oper used to trains us youth player at time for training we used to run up and down the dolman. West Town the team called now would be acadamey now. I waseight at the time Jock Rae scouted me over Ashton Park ever heard of him?

Mate, ever been inside the old changing rooms at AG, Mark Co oper used to trains us youth player at time for training we used to run up and down the dolman. West Town the team called now would be acadamey now. I waseight at the time Jock Rae scouted me over Ashton Park ever heard of him?

Ummm you did all this yet you don't know the basics of being a captain ...

Drop him yes i said, i stand corrected but to take the captaincy of someone is madness is it all Carey's fault do you really think taking this job of him and giving to a Scottish player who plays one game in a week is going to help?

It's not madness at all, madness would be persevering with a Captain who has led a team which has shown no fight on more than one occasion. We cannot continue with these lack lustre, spiritless team performances or we will be relegated.

If you drop him then he's lost the Captaincy, at least temporarily, anyway.

Who would you replace him with?dunno.gif

It's not madness at all, madness would be persevering with a Captain who has led a team which has shown no fight on more than one occasion. We cannot continue with these lack lustre, spiritless team performances or we will be relegated.

If you drop him then he's lost the Captaincy, at least temporarily, anyway.

Who would you replace him with?dunno.gif

Skuse the future of our club, i remember an ex city midfielder doing the same with Beckham.

A captain is a leader good times bad times, WOW Carey is suddenly not a good captain, it's all his fault. Was Carey a bad captain when he lead us to pomation, Wembly. Neviile is not of the quality he used to be but he is capatin every time he plays.

Neville is the captain everytime he plays because he is a leader. Just like Hartley should be captain everytime he plays because he is a leader. Yes Carey was a good captain however his general lack of form and lack of leadership qualities recently have led people to question his role and quite rightly so imo

Archived