IGNORED

Make Hartley The Captain

Nogbad the Bad

Neville is the captain everytime he plays because he is a leader. Just like Hartley should be captain everytime he plays because he is a leader. Yes Carey was a good captain however his general lack of form and lack of leadership qualities recently have led people to question his role and quite rightly so imo

Tonight Hartley even though Carey is playing your captain, Louis Paul can't play Saturday your'e captain we r not Man U

A captain is a leader good times bad times, WOW Carey is suddenly not a good captain, it's all his fault.

No one said it's all Carey's fault.

He's simply not playing consistently well himself so it's no wonder he's not inspirational to his team mates.

Do you not think it possible he might be more likely to recover the form we know he is capable of without the burden of Captaincy?dunno.gif

Tonight Hartley even though Carey is playing your captain, Louis Paul can't play Saturday your'e captain we r not Man U

And why can we not do things like they do? Just because they are man u doesn't mean evryone isn't allowed to do what they do ... works for them

Skuse the future of our club, i remember an ex city midfielder doing the same with Beckham.

Skuse may well be the future but it's too early now - the pressure of Captaining the club through a pressure cooker relegation fight requires more experienced shoulders.

Paul Hartley is a seasoned international and the obvious man for the job.

Skuse may well be the future but it's too early now - the pressure of Captaining the club through a pressure cooker relegation fight requires more experienced shoulders.

Paul Hartley is a seasoned international and the obvious man for the job.

Nogbad i respect you and your comments but a change of captaincy when a club is going through a shit time is not the way forward. IMO.

Nogbad i respect you and your comments but a change of captaincy when a club is going through a shit time is not the way forward. IMO.

Fair enough Redcliffe - I am just putting forward my opinion and respect the fact that you disagree.

Let's hope Louis Captains the Reds to a storming victory tonight.winner_third_h4h.gifcity.gif

What normally happens in these kind of circumstances is that the team captain becomes (is promoted too) the club captain and thus the onfield captaincy is passed...Or you make Hartley Vice captain...

Anyway my personal feeling has been stated before that Hartley needs to be pushed/promoted into a leadership role...This might give us at least some of the short-term impeutus we could gain by bringing in a new manager, however the downside to GJ is that this makes Hartley a more likely contender to step into a short-term management role... If one should become availableinnocent06.gif

Drop him yes but don't take the captaincy of him you never hear of captaincy changing halfway through a season and to do that to Carey would be madness. You don't have to be a captain to be a leader on the pitch.

Very true - but Carey has been neither 'captain' or 'leader' as of late.

You're making too much of this 'issue'. A captains job is to call the coin toss and pose for a picture with the mascots pre-match really. Once the game starts there are 11 players on the pitch all of whom ought to be motivating each other. Look at Bradley Orr; he isn't the captain but it doesn't stop him encouraging or criticising his team mates as and when he deems it necessary to.

Carey still not good enough?. People who were there was he man of the match lastnight?

I'm not sure he was Redcliffe.

To quote billybob from the 'Just back from Selhurst' thread:

"The big difference was Hartley. A class act, he drove the team on, made some terrific tackles and pinpoint 40 yard passes. He should be the first name on the team sheet."

Sounds like an ideal Captain to me.innocent06.gif

I'm not sure he was Redcliffe.

To quote billybob from the 'Just back from Selhurst' thread:

"The big difference was Hartley. A class act, he drove the team on, made some terrific tackles and pinpoint 40 yard passes. He should be the first name on the team sheet."

Sounds like an ideal Captain to me.innocent06.gif

Will he play at Reading?, hope he does he is class we all know that. EP guy gave Carey MOM just wondering if people who were there agreed.

Will he play at Reading?, hope he does he is class we all know that. EP guy gave Carey MOM just wondering if people who were there agreed.

Carey played well. However there were many who played better. Lee Johnson, Paul Hartley, Cole Skuse, Chris Iwelumo to name four

Archived