IGNORED

Nice Quote

Galley is our king

"There has been a lot of talk, but there is absolutely nothing wrong here. These lads are a tight-knit bunch and the spirit is good. You don't come to places like Crystal Palace and win if those things are not in place."

Well, this should stop all the rubbish eminating from this forum. Nice to know all is well and that "people in the know" really ain't!

"There has been a lot of talk, but there is absolutely nothing wrong here. These lads are a tight-knit bunch and the spirit is good. You don't come to places like Crystal Palace and win if those things are not in place."

Well, this should stop all the rubbish eminating from this forum. Nice to know all is well and that "people in the know" really ain't!

Sometimes when things arent well in the camp, people will go on the record as saying things are well, so this quote doesnt really say anything.

Secondly, I'm not too bothered about how the vibe is in the camp, I care about results...which have been rubbish.

Johnsons management (even by his early season predictions) has been woeful and the results have been poor. One post match quote from a loanee changes absolutely nothing.

Yeah, very interesting quote that. It's not at all in Iwelumo's interests to defend the squad and come out and support them. He's made it very clear he wants to get back to playing in the Premier League as soon as possible and doesn't have to defend our team. So what's in it for him to say that, other than it being the truth?!

Ah, but are you sure that he wasn't bullied into saying this by the manager?

innocent06.gif

I posted something along the lines of this when JCR signed, he stated he had friends within the team already that had told him it was a good place to play. After this I thought it was fairly clear that there was nothing wrong inside the club unfortunately the next game was against Cardiff and because we lost heavily then some people went back to the same old GJ has "Lost the dressing room" type scenario. We beat west brom - its all about great team effort - we lose to Doncaster - "Lost the dressing room" - beat palace away - great team spirit.

It seems at the moment that it only takes 1 loss and some supporters are questioning the faith of the team in GJ's abilities (how would they know?), on the same note it only takes 1 win and some are shouting about how good everything is and people should not be so doom and gloom, the difference in these 2 camps is some of doom and gloomers seem to add lib quite a bit relying on the old faithful "I have a source" line and some embellish like its fact when actually they know as much as I do i.e. F all.

My real beef is with people that claim to have "Sources", anybody that claims to have a source inside the club that they cant reveal isn't worth listening to - if someone is willing to say something to someone but not put there name to it then they are probably embellishing or down right lying - how many times have we seen this done by the BEP or any red-top newspaper for that matter.

The bottom line is you cant stop people from hypothesising what is going on and most will try and add a touch of drama to what they think is going on if they think they can get away with it.

yeah but Johnson has "lost the dressing room" remember?! ;)

Would you really expect a Bristol City player to come out and say "yeah, things are falling apart and a few of the guys don't have faith in Gary anymore"?

I'm not saying he's lost the dressing room but you can't tell me we're progressing can you? We got a win yesterday against what sounded like a broken Crystal Palace and all of a sudden the world is rosey again?

It's a good start but I'm not happy until we stop conceding late goals, playing sloppy in defence and stop wasting so many chances.

Would you really expect a Bristol City player to come out and say "yeah, things are falling apart and a few of the guys don't have faith in Gary anymore"?

I'm not saying he's lost the dressing room but you can't tell me we're progressing can you? We got a win yesterday against what sounded like a broken Crystal Palace and all of a sudden the world is rosey again?

It's a good start but I'm not happy until we stop conceding late goals, playing sloppy in defence and stop wasting so many chances.

No its far from Rosie but that doesn't mean he has "lost the dressing room".

I believe we are progressing, were now an established championship club and will be here next season, we have evolved some of the promotion players out of the team bringing in younger players at this higher level and I think the final phase of this will happen over the summer with some changes to the defence (I believe this should have happened last year as stated at the time, but I guess you cant change everything all at once). Some people state that in there argument to remove GJ "sometimes you have to take a step back to take take 2 forward" I believe this same philosophy can be applied to what GJ is doing at the moment - we have evolved the club backwards with "ones for the future" with an aim to be ready in maybe a couple of years and to make sure the squad is good enough going forward.

I'm far from happy with what's been dished up this season and like you im fed up with sloppy defending but I can sort of see what GJ is trying to do and aiming for although not totally clear.

That Iwelumo is a bloody nice chap. He really is.

Was going to say the same Cotswold.

Look at it this way - this is a bloke who is desperate to go back to Wolves and play Premier League football, Palace was the last game of his initial month at City. Why would he put spin on it? If it was crap here, come out and say so - GJ ships him back, problem solved.

If it was CI's last game for us - cheers big man, hope you go back and score a few to keep Wolves up.

Was going to say the same Cotswold.

Look at it this way - this is a bloke who is desperate to go back to Wolves and play Premier League football, Palace was the last game of his initial month at City. Why would he put spin on it? If it was crap here, come out and say so - GJ ships him back, problem solved.

If it was CI's last game for us - cheers big man, hope you go back and score a few to keep Wolves up.

Reading Sat will be his last game Big Mick was there last night to have a look at him hope the loan is extended can't see it happening though.

He has proved the need for a big man upfront. We will miss him that for sure like we have missed Adebola. Maybe Akinde is going to be that man maybe he's deemed not good enough.

Whats is vital though is we need a big stong Centre Forward playing regulary next season with a commanding 1st ball no nonence Centre back. This needs to be priority to sort out in the summer.

We still have a young team still learning so this season in the championship can only make them better and more experienced for next season.

Reading Sat will be his last game Big Mick was there last night to have a look at him hope the loan is extended can't see it happening though.

If McCarthy was there then Johnson should have been on his knees begging to keep CI till end of season if not then he should've been at Moulinex this morning waiting for Mick to come to work and then get on his knees and beg to keep CI till end of season............and if he didnt show up then go to his house and get on his knees etc and if he was not home then go to his local and get on his......jeez..you get the point

What else would you expect him to say?

He's hardly going to come out and critise anything about our club.

As for Iwelumo on the pitch. You can see that he has a bit more about him than many big 'target' men that we've seen at AG. Be good for us if City can persuade Mick McCarthy to allow him to stay for another month. He's a good player.

As for Iwelumo on the pitch. You can see that he has a bit more about him than many big 'target' men that we've seen at AG. Be good for us if City can persuade Mick McCarthy to allow him to stay for another month. He's a good player.

Nothing at all is the other option.

Of course not, that's what you're here for. ;)

Sorry spike but you'll be waiting an eternity - even top teams concede late goals, play sloppy in defence and waste chances - that's football.

I posted something along the lines of this when JCR signed, he stated he had friends within the team already that had told him it was a good place to play. After this I thought it was fairly clear that there was nothing wrong inside the club unfortunately the next game was against Cardiff and because we lost heavily then some people went back to the same old GJ has "Lost the dressing room" type scenario. We beat west brom - its all about great team effort - we lose to Doncaster - "Lost the dressing room" - beat palace away - great team spirit.

It seems at the moment that it only takes 1 loss and some supporters are questioning the faith of the team in GJ's abilities (how would they know?), on the same note it only takes 1 win and some are shouting about how good everything is and people should not be so doom and gloom, the difference in these 2 camps is some of doom and gloomers seem to add lib quite a bit relying on the old faithful "I have a source" line and some embellish like its fact when actually they know as much as I do i.e. F all.

My real beef is with people that claim to have "Sources", anybody that claims to have a source inside the club that they cant reveal isn't worth listening to - if someone is willing to say something to someone but not put there name to it then they are probably embellishing or down right lying - how many times have we seen this done by the BEP or any red-top newspaper for that matter.

The bottom line is you cant stop people from hypothesising what is going on and most will try and add a touch of drama to what they think is going on if they think they can get away with it.

What you say makes a lot of sense Pezo which is probably why you're in a minority on here. The forum is a real Janus at the moment - people seem to change their minds game by game like a bunch of manic-depressives.

But really, do you expect people to name sources? I certainly wouldn't - if you're close friends to someone on the inside you're not going to spread their name around the forum saying they said this or that...not without getting them in a whole lot of trouble!

What a horrible bloke that Iwelumo is.....making brash statements about our club being...nice.....and everyone get's on.....and there is no dressing room unrest etc Can he not see that statement like that will get right up the noses of some of our proud and loyal posters on here?

What you say makes a lot of sense Pezo which is probably why you're in a minority on here. The forum is a real Janus at the moment - people seem to change their minds game by game like a bunch of manic-depressives.

But really, do you expect people to name sources? I certainly wouldn't - if you're close friends to someone on the inside you're not going to spread their name around the forum saying they said this or that...not without getting them in a whole lot of trouble!

I will never reveal my source..

Archived