IGNORED

Williams To Yeovil

Gazred

Personaly i hope it becomes perm, not a bad player but has never really fulfilled the potenial from his Yeovil days. With Sno and Elliot back soon to compete against the current first choice of Skuse, Johnson and Hartley its a sensible loan.

Still no word on the loan defender coming in then? Perhaps later today now that some wages have been freed up.

Never given a run in the team.For once Johnson made a good signing and said he was a quality player and for once he was right.Soi as soon as he's fit Johnson exiles him to the resrves and the bench.Quality management.

Of course, asking a question like this, there's no way you're going to agree. :disapointed2se:

Could someone tell me what Lee Johnson does better than Gavin? It's not heading or tackling.

Passing, anticipation, stamina, getting into space, PMA, set pieces. Gavin better at running with the ball, shooting, acceleration, balance, defence & heading.

Can't say that's definitive and Gavin hasn't had a fair share of starts.

However, we have too many lightweight CMs. Couldn't sell LJ apparently so selling Gavin is the next best thing.

His goal vs Cardiff was superb tho.

Me too.

He was only ever given one chance in his favoured central role, and he looked class. Could someone tell me what Lee Johnson does better than Gavin? It's not heading or tackling.

The problem is I can't say I'm surprised, seems to have happened to other players as well.

You and several hundred others. But as GJ is the boss, he calls the shots. Wether any of us like it or not. Yet another signing, once signed not used, and therefore an additional drain of funds. God knows what goes on in GJ's head.

It's strange how LJ moved on loan to Derby while Williams because he's far better turned down a whole host of Championship clubs to move to Yeovil. I mean, they must have come in for him right?

I think the dislike of LJ magically improves other players in some peoples eyes. Williams didn't do it at Ipswich or us, he's a bit part player here and he won't move the club forward. Sometimes players are simply bodies to throw in when there's no-one else. GJ took a risk on an unfit player who had the ability if not the consistency for the championship. I can't imagine it was that expensive a gamble but it was a lazy signing which didn't really work.

Good luck to him and it's good we got him at least partly off the wage bill.

It's strange how LJ moved on loan to Derby while Williams because he's far better turned down a whole host of Championship clubs to move to Yeovil. I mean, they must have come in for him right?

I think it's bit unfair to sum up this move with that statement. Lj is fitter and more match ready than Gav so in that respect it makes sense for Gav to drop down a league to get his match readiness back. It wouldn't suprise me if Lj's loan was somewhat engineered also though.

Personaly i hope it becomes perm, not a bad player but has never really fulfilled the potenial from his Yeovil days. With Sno and Elliot back soon to compete against the current first choice of Skuse, Johnson and Hartley its a sensible loan.

Still no word on the loan defender coming in then? Perhaps later today now that some wages have been freed up.

GW has played for 421 minutes this season. We have scored six goals whilst he has been on the field and conceded 11. He has made two starts.

He has barely played half a season since 2003.

A luxury we cannot afford to keep.

Archived