IGNORED

Williams To Yeovil

Gazred

Personaly i hope it becomes perm, not a bad player but has never really fulfilled the potenial from his Yeovil days. With Sno and Elliot back soon to compete against the current first choice of Skuse, Johnson and Hartley its a sensible loan.

Still no word on the loan defender coming in then? Perhaps later today now that some wages have been freed up.

Said in a post last month that I would expect him to be gone in the summer. Not sure that it's a case of he hasn't found his form. More that we have so many midfielders and most are better than him. Players like Williams, Noble and even Trundle in the 'hole' position just don't seem to figure in the 11, even though we bought them knowing exactly what they were good at.

Anyway, I can't really see him playing for us in any permanent way, others are much stronger

Said in a post last month that I would expect him to be gone in the summer. Not sure that it's a case of he hasn't found his form. More that we have so many midfielders and most are better than him. Players like Williams, Noble and even Trundle in the 'hole' position just don't seem to figure in the 11, even though we bought them knowing exactly what they were good at.

Anyway, I can't really see him playing for us in any permanent way, others are much stronger

good news, another one of the wage bill, along with a load others in the summer, to help with our rebuilding. Good luck to him, he sounds like a good lad, but has always been on the edges of the squad here.

Dont understand why creative and gifted midfield players like williams dont get a look in under johnson??

Disappointed. particularly when we have a less talented midfielder in the team - just does not make sense.

Dont understand why creative and gifted midfield players like williams dont get a look in under johnson??

Disappointed. particularly when we have a less talented midfielder in the team - just does not make sense.

I agree, I like his style of play and we have not seen enough of him even when he is fit.

To me he is like Weale, seemed to be here ages but I can't really say I know him.

I had high expectations of him , well I believed the hype that he was to be the best thing since sliced bread. Good luck to him, I expect the Yeovil fans are genuinely delighted to see him back as he was popular.

We will see what happens after the month. It's good news that Elliott and Sno are just about fit to come back.

Can't get a game here with two central midfielders injured and one on international duty - not going to get a new contract presumably, so this is a chance to get a deal elsewhere.

Makes sense, calls into question signing him in the first place.

He seems talented but he's either injured or for some other reason unpicked mainly so best to move him on.

I've always liked Gav, good creative attacking midfielder. Just like David Noble. Talking of David Noble anyone know how he's getting on at Exeter. has played yet or is he still recovering from injury?

He wont play this season, still recovering from a really bad cruciate knee injury. could be carrear threating from what I've heard, he may have played his last game.

may have had limited chances but when they have come along he has not made the most of them- hope Yeovil works out.

Swings and roundabouts. Lack of match fitness/practice doesn't help. More first teams games would have seen the real Williams IMO.

MM

I must say I am really disappointed with this, the only real attacking midfielder in the squad, but he was never going to get a look in so I guess it's the best thing for the player, the failure to utilise players like this has stunted our progress but that's just my opinnon.

He wont play this season, still recovering from a really bad cruciate knee injury. could be carrear threating from what I've heard, he may have played his last game.

Surely Exeter wouldn't have signed him if his injury is severe enough to potentially prevent him from ever playing again?

Surely Exeter wouldn't have signed him if his injury is severe enough to potentially prevent him from ever playing again?

It isn't, it's just CiderHider putting the boot in. Noble has a standard ACL rupture, had the keyhole surgery and is nearly through the recovery. His game will be fine since he wasn't exactly blisteringly quick in the first place.

It isn't, it's just CiderHider putting the boot in. Noble has a standard ACL rupture, had the keyhole surgery and is nearly through the recovery. His game will be fine since he wasn't exactly blisteringly quick in the first place.

Having known a player come through a ACL injury it's not as straightforward as you make out. The rehab goes on for months and is hard work - if Noble is anything less than dedicated he'll struggle to be a good footballer again.

Back to Williams I'll miss him if he goes. He's the only central player who seems able to drive forward with the ball at his feet.

Having known a player come through a ACL injury it's not as straightforward as you make out. The rehab goes on for months and is hard work - if Noble is anything less than dedicated he'll struggle to be a good footballer again.

I know three people who've had it done, it's not career threatening these days at all, it's just a long recover period (6 months minimum with luck and support, sometimes over a year). If you do it a second time it's problematic.

i personally am really disappointed in this. I thought he was our best player over the last 3-4 months of last season, scored a few goals was creative and very skilful......really thought he would kick on this season but for some reason hasnt worked out for him.

I hope this is not the last we have seen of Williams

Personaly i hope it becomes perm, not a bad player but has never really fulfilled the potenial from his Yeovil days. With Sno and Elliot back soon to compete against the current first choice of Skuse, Johnson and Hartley its a sensible loan.

Still no word on the loan defender coming in then? Perhaps later today now that some wages have been freed up.

A true footballer never given a fair chance.

Best of luck Gavin!

Sorry Nibor, I'm not deliberately putting tut boot in, I'm just sure I read (on here i think) that his injury was so bad he was unlikely to ever play at champ level again. Aye I hope I'm wrong, never had any issues with Nobes.

i personally am really disappointed in this. I thought he was our best player over the last 3-4 months of last season, scored a few goals was creative and very skilful......really thought he would kick on this season but for some reason hasnt worked out for him.

I hope this is not the last we have seen of Williams

Me too.

He was only ever given one chance in his favoured central role, and he looked class. Could someone tell me what Lee Johnson does better than Gavin? It's not heading or tackling.

The problem is I can't say I'm surprised, seems to have happened to other players as well.

Archived