IGNORED

The Teams Below Us

herman

this may be premature but i, like most city fans, have been looking at the teams below us and what the chances are of escaping the drop. unfortunately i don't think we can hope to be "good enough" to stay up, just hope that there are 3 teams worse than us. as things stand, the league table is as follows (likely to change by the end of the day) - not pretty reading...

14 Bristol City 36 -11 45

15 QPR 35 -4 44 - new manager, not going down - will finish above us, maybe even PO

16 Reading 34 -4 44 - great form, not going down - will finish above us

17 Ipswich 36 -7 42 - probably finish around there, too good to go down

18 Derby 36 -11 42 - too good to go down

19 Watford 34 -6 40 - having bad season but too much quality to go down

20 S****horpe 35 -20 39 - could very easily go down. first sign of hope

21 Crystal Palace 35 -1 38 - would be in the PO spots if not for 10 point deduction. will climb table

22 Sheff Wed 36 -18 38 - second sign of hope, not doing well at all, new manager little impact

23 Plymouth 35 -17 31 - hope, they are just about worse than us

24 Peterborough 36 -20 28 - best player gone, probably already down

this may be premature but i, like most city fans, have been looking at the teams below us and what the chances are of escaping the drop. unfortunately i don't think we can hope to be "good enough" to stay up, just hope that there are 3 teams worse than us. as things stand, the league table is as follows (likely to change by the end of the day) - not pretty reading...

15 QPR 35 -4 44 - new manager, not going down - will finish above us, maybe even PO

21 Crystal Palace 35 -1 38 - would be in the PO spots if not for 10 point deduction. will climb table

22 Sheff Wed 36 -18 38 - second sign of hope, not doing well at all, new manager little impact

Palace, Peterborough and Scunny or Plymouth will go down.

Not sure about that, yes they are still in the bottom 3 but their 'new manager with little impact' as you put it, has not including today accrued a respectable 6 wins and 6 defeats from 12 games.

very fair point - perhaps things look worse than i imagined

Am I right in thinking there are 3 teams below us could overtake us if they win their games in hand :yawn:

Well, the bottom three couldn't and nor can four others, I'm not going to pretend it is impressive but with Peterboro' still 15 points behind us, Argyle 14 and Scunny having picked up 2 points in their last four games I think we should be safe.

Safety is a long, long, long way off yet.

But as at Palarse in mid-week, we will get an unexpected result here and there to JUST do enough to stay up.

I really do fear for us next season though without SIGNIFICANT squad investment (which we can't afford) in the summer.......or a change of manager of course.

BCAGFC

both reading and watford have 2 games in hand - being realistic, reading are the only ones likely to get 6 points from those, which would take them above us. QPR and palace also have games in hand, where a win for QPR would take them above us too. we got lucky with results today, thankfully, with watford losing and a number of draws.

both reading and watford have 2 games in hand - being realistic, reading are the only ones likely to get 6 points from those, which would take them above us. QPR and palace also have games in hand, where a win for QPR would take them above us too. we got lucky with results today, thankfully, with watford losing and a number of draws.

We didn't get lucky, teams at the bottom at this time of the season are there because they don't win very often.

As or not being safe, Plymouth and Peterboro' still have to win 5 more times to even get the number of points we have now, if they do so there won't be much (if any) of the season left.

Our home form is good enough, gonna be exciting anyway.

I wouldn't say exciting, it is bloody worrying.

We are talking about the future of BCFC (as it is) at stake here, relegation would be a disaster and set us back 5 to 10 years.

BCAGFC

My Posh supporting son has pointed out they have to pull out all the stops against City as their games after that are v Newcastle & Leicester which they should lose.

Posh play Plymuff final game of the season and if Scunny & Cardiff have been wound up by then, that will be the relegation decider.

our remaining fixtures include some absolutely crucial 6 pointers

plymouth (a) currently 23rd 1 game in hand - absolute must win game. 6 pointer

newcastle (h) 1st - this could be a doncaster or a cardiff

barnsley (h) 13th 1 game in hand - above us, a draw would be a good result

peterborough (a) 24th - 6 pointer, must win game

nottm forest (h) 3rd - will be pushing for automatic, have everything to play for

sheff weds (a) 21st - another must win 6 pointer

swansea (h) 4th - will be fighting for a PO spot, everything to play for for them

s****horpe (a) 22nd 1 game in hand - another 6 pointer

followed by derby away and blackpool at home, hard to predict this far away.

i think those 3 games (plymouth, peterboro and sheff weds) will define the season and i hope we are safe by the time the s****horpe game comes around

I wouldn't say exciting, it is bloody worrying.

We are talking about the future of BCFC (as it is) at stake here, relegation would be a disaster and set us back 5 to 10 years.

BCAGFC

Its worth fighting for isn't it, our future? To me that is excitement. When the odds are stacked against you, and people expect and hope you fail, you just feel like giving in dont you?, thats when you have to step it up a gear, as soon as you make that decision it gets better, that's a fact 100%.

You can either conqueror your fear or it will consume you.

When the odds are stacked against you, and people expect and hope you fail, you just feel like giving in dont you?, thats when you have to step it up a gear, as soon as you make that decision it gets better, that's a fact 100%.

That's what you'd hope the players would to do, and not just every 3rd or 4th game. Where's the passion for the fans and pride in the club and personal performance?

Feel sorry for the City fans who witnessed that rubbish today, very glad I didn't go.

That's what you'd hope the players would to do, and not just every 3rd or 4th game. Where's the passion for the fans and pride in the club and personal performance?

Feel sorry for the City fans who witnessed that rubbish today, very glad I didn't go.

Aye, it has to be reciprocal, its really a symbiotic relationship.

tbh i'll just be happy to limp over the line in this league and focus for next season, i'm not convinced there are any major issues to sort, hopefully GJ can iron them out,

meh play-offs might be a push now.

Guest BristolCityFC

Spot on!

Its worth fighting for isn't it, our future? To me that is excitement. When the odds are stacked against you, and people expect and hope you fail, you just feel like giving in dont you?, thats when you have to step it up a gear, as soon as you make that decision it gets better, that's a fact 100%.

You can either conqueror your fear or it will consume you.

But we are talking about football players here, 99.9% of them don't care about the club, just their pay packet......some of their performances prove that.

IF we get relegated, you can guarantee that quite a few of them will looking for moves, there won't be any loyalty then.

BCAGFC

plymouth (a) currently 23rd 1 game in hand - absolute must win game. 6 pointer

newcastle (h) 1st - this could be a doncaster or a cardiff

barnsley (h) 13th 1 game in hand - above us, a draw would be a good result

peterborough (a) 24th - 6 pointer, must win game

nottm forest (h) 3rd - will be pushing for automatic, have everything to play for

sheff weds (a) 21st - another must win 6 pointer

swansea (h) 4th - will be fighting for a PO spot, everything to play for for them

s****horpe (a) 22nd 1 game in hand - another 6 pointer

followed by derby away and blackpool at home, hard to predict this far away.

i think those 3 games (plymouth, peterboro and sheff weds) will define the season and i hope we are safe by the time the s****horpe game comes around

My predictions would be: (if we continue our extremely inconsistent form....

Greeeeen Arrrrmy (a) D 1-1 (possible win but then again could get hammered- another Palarse)

Toon (H) D 1-1 (our unexpected result- could even win)

Tykes (H) W 2-1 (could just as easily be a Doncaster)

Posh (a) L 1-3 (they will want it more than us)

Florist (H) L 0-1 (NEVER beat them)

Owls (a) D 0-0

Jacks (H) D 0-0 (they struggle to score like us)

Iron (a) L 1-2 (late goal conceded)

Rams (H) D 1-1 (NEVER beat them)

Seasiders (a) L 0-5

45 pts + 8 pts + 53 pts

JUST enough to stay up.

BCAGFC

Peterborough and Plymouth will be bottom 2 unless they produce promotion form. The other spot is between S****horpe, Sheff Wed, Palace and us.

Honestly guys this is drivel. We are 7 points clear with 10 games left. We are not going down. End of. Our current form is W2,D2,L4, which while not great is still enough. S****horpe, Wednesday and Watford all have worse form than us and 6-7 less points.

But we are talking about football players here, 99.9% of them don't care about the club, just their pay packet......some of their performances prove that.

IF we get relegated, you can guarantee that quite a few of them will looking for moves, there won't be any loyalty then.

BCAGFC

Some get paid to much this cant be good for the sport long term, footballing talent is given indiscriminately and people are motivated by very different things, I don't think all players care just about cash.

Some get paid to much this cant be good for the sport long term, footballing talent is given indiscriminately and people are motivated by very different things, I don't think all players care just about cash.

The young ones don't, they just want to play football and start their career and give 110% when given a chance.

Anyone over 24 is just looking for cash I am afraid.

BCAGFC

Archived