IGNORED

Do We Actually Think He'll Go?

Ryan 7

How can he know the club, when he hasn't been anywhere near us for well over ten years? There's been a complete overhaul of players, staff and training facilities during that time! Secondly he doesn't know what it takes to get out this division because he hasn't been a manager who has to make the vital decisions.

Don't get me wrong, I think Terry Connor is probably a great coach (from what I heard - obviously I have no first hand knowledge of that), but he has zero experience as a manager and would be a much bigger gamble that other known people.

can't disagree with the gamble point but in fairness he was third on my list of people you might keep in touch with...as opposed to read about in the paper. I'd be amazed if we ever landed a big name manager who'd done it all...and I'd be alarmed if SL and the City set up didn't have thoughts about a succession plan...which I think would have to involve a few left-field candidates....

In this division ofcourse buddy wink.gif

It's been a tough season, and it's one we definately do not want to remember. Let's just get it over with, grab as many points as possible. And re-build this summer and all come out fresh come the 10/11 season.

Sounds like a plan to me.:city:

I'd have had a quiet drink with Paul Tisdale some time ago...maybe to congratulate him on his success when Exeter went up, wishing him all the best for what would be a difficult season...he'd be on the Christmas card list. I'd have someone have a discreet chat to Eddie Howe...and I'd be interested in knowing whether Terry Connor fancied stepping up to be the boss...

Howe and Tisdale are a League 2 manager and a manager who could be on the verge to taking his club back to the bottom league.

Neither of them are realistic candidates to take over from GJ - they have achieved very little in the game and nothing at all at Championship level. It would be an incredible gamble to part with GJ and appoint one of those novicess instead who may quickly prove to be out of his depth.

You might as well put Trollope forward as a candidate and surely no sane City fan would do that.

If GJ is to be replaced it must be by someone with experience of success at this level who would be seen as more likely than Gary Johnson to unite the fanbase and bring success, attractive football, and increased gates to AG.

Anything less than a top class replacement, like Coppell, or a manager proven in the Championship with the potential to do even better with more resources, like O'Driscoll, would be an extremely dangerous gamble and you could see why SL might think we are better off staying with GJ if managers of that calibre cannot be attracted to AG

Hard to imagine that a move will be made ( if one is made at all) until SL is as certain as possible that the replacement is someone proven to be outstandingly better than GJ which would rule out lower league managers and never been managers like Connor.

The fact that no move has been made by SL up until now may say as much about the lack of available quality replacements who would take the job as it does about SL's satisfaction levels with GJ's management.

Wes,

I aint heard a single bit of support for him other than some bitter enders on here. But you do have a point about a lack on any anti GJ stuff on the papers, TV or anti anti GJ demos.

There again I guess most of us still support the team which is what the bitter enders bang on a bout innit?

I wonder what this site would be like, if we won are last 10 Games, and got in the playoffs, would all the GJ haters, still want him out, ?

I'm sure someone will come up with something interesting and relevant to still try and put down. It still happened when we were going for promotion in our first season back in the Championship.

I wonder what this site would be like, if we won are last 10 Games, and got in the playoffs, would all the GJ haters, still want him out, ?

Well I for one would no longer want him out. I want him to go because I believe he has ran out of ideas and can take us no longer, I also feel that tactically he has been very poor this season. However if we won our final 10 games, this would prove me wrong, and of course I'd be delighted by the turn-around. But like Roger said, we're not gonna find out!

No I wouldn't want him because my criticism would have been flat out wrong, I'd change my mind and want him to stay. All but only the most stubborn and idiotic City fans would be the same.

No I wouldn't want him because my criticism would have been flat out wrong, I'd change my mind and want him to stay. All but only the most stubborn and idiotic City fans would be the same.

A good few here on OTIB then... :w00t:

In this division ofcourse buddy wink.gif

It's been a tough season, and it's one we definately do not want to remember. Let's just get it over with, grab as many points as possible. And re-build this summer and all come out fresh come the 10/11 season.

Thought the rebuilding started last summerfastasleep.gif

Archived