IGNORED

Phil Brown

Kingswoodactor

Please God NO!

I don't really think he has any qualities that Gary doesn't posses, I think we would be changing like for like IMO

Why has he been sacked?? because after having an excellent season and getting them promoted, quickly following that up with a fairly successful first season in the Premier League, Hull City have gone stale on the pitch and are moving backwards very, very quickly. A change was needed to freshen it up no doubt, and try and keep the club up and kick on from there

Sounds like a familiar story to me

Why has he been sacked?? because after having an excellent season and getting them promoted, quickly following that up with a fairly successful first season in the Premier League, Hull City have gone stale on the pitch and are moving backwards very, very quickly. A change was needed to freshen it up no doubt, and try and keep the club up and kick on from there

It's off field. It was reported yesterday that he wasn't allowed to talk to one of the younger players - by a court injunction.

There was also stories a while ago about a certain ex chairman's daughter. In fact TFF had a letter from his lawyers asking us to remove the allegations. You can find them elsewhere though if you use google. :innocent06:

It's an incredibly familiar story which is why getting him in to replace Johnson is no better step, maybe, just maybe a short term boost would occur but he offers nothing GJ doesn't offer and GJ offers bugger all! As desperate as i am to get Del Boy and Rodney out (and oh god do i want bloody Rodney out oh, and get uncle albert out as well... brother Pete!) i am still struggling to come up with someone who i really can believe will improve us as a team and make us more attractive, Phil Brown is just another in a long list of No's... i don't envy SL his job when the axe does fall tbh.

Hopefully, some of the"head in the sand" brigade will be able to understand this very good comparison.

Any thoughts as to Phil Brown being GJ's successor??

I'm loving the posts like this (not having a dig at you in particular) that seem to talk about Johnson leaving as though it's a done deal. He'll surely be here until the end of the season and if we show improvement between now and then he'll be here next season as well probably even if we don't see improvement. As for Phil Brown the words hell and no come to mind.

Except Hull are going to get relegated and we are not. This smacks of a weak desperate chairman trying to do whatever he can because he has lost faith in the manager, now that doesn't sound like us to me.

Like how to win THE most important game in a clubs history? crying.gif

Hope that the opposition lose two of their most influential players to illness and injury, and have a third consequently pushed out of position, then wait for an ageing carthorse to pull a wonder-strike out of nowhere?

Except Hull are going to get relegated and we are not. This smacks of a weak desperate chairman trying to do whatever he can because he has lost faith in the manager, now that doesn't sound like us to me.

Or maybe, just maybe, the chairman of Hull, who works with Phil Brown on a daily basis, can see what a vast majority of Hull City fans can see very, very clearly. And that is that Phil Brown is all out of ideas and whether they go down or stay up, he has done all he can at the club and a fresh approach is needed.

If the chairman was that weak, he would have got rid of Phil Brown pre-season after their horrendous run after last Chrtistmas. He was given the chance, and he isnt progressing. The time was right

As for us not getting relegated, we are 6 points off the zone....with 30 points left to play for?? how the hell can you be so confident? Im certainly not

Any thoughts as to Phil Brown being GJ's successor??

Not in a million years.

People complain about Gary's ego - well, he's a wallflower compared with the odious Phil Brown.

People complain that Gary has fallen out with a few players over the years - Brown fell out with his whole squad after that 'half-time chat' at Man City last year.

People complain about Gary's selections - Hull fans slaughtered Brown for the way he mishandled Geovani

People complain about Garys signings - Brown spent £5m on Jimmy Bullard, who made Steve Brooker look like a model of match fitness

Or maybe, just maybe, the chairman of Hull, who works with Phil Brown on a daily basis, can see what a vast majority of Hull City fans can see very, very clearly. And that is that Phil Brown is all out of ideas and whether they go down or stay up, he has done all he can at the club and a fresh approach is needed.

If the chairman was that weak, he would have got rid of Phil Brown pre-season after their horrendous run after last Chrtistmas. He was given the chance, and he isnt progressing. The time was right

As for us not getting relegated, we are 6 points off the zone....with 30 points left to play for?? how the hell can you be so confident? Im certainly not

Were not S**t enough to go down, our problem is not that were s**t were inconsistent and being inconsistent is enough to keep you up because there are at least 4 teams doing a far worse job than us at the moment, even if it is frustrating to watch.

Surly Hulls only goal last season was to stay up - suggesting that Hull should have sacked him after keeping them in the prem in there first season is quite laughable.

You know what, GJ would deserve to be questioned about his job if we were in a relative position to Hull in this league (so if we were in Plymouth's position then yes it would be time to worry about the manager), remember Hull only got promoted to the prem one year after we got promoted to the championship but do you think Phil Brown would have got the sack if Hull were in 14th (i.e. 7pts off relegation).

Archived