IGNORED

Phil Brown

Kingswoodactor

....... because your comment was completely random and made no sense.

Seen as im not going to get a sensible answer out of you, can anyone else explain what he is on about?

I'm guessing that he's referring to his belief that you have your head in the sand. Now don't shoot the messenger.

Doesn't you keyboard get clogged up with all the sand in it?

If you want to argue the point I made then please do, if you can see us getting relegated please show me some evidence of how our current position is going to deteriorate so badly that were going to get relegated. - if I have my head in the sand then you must have your head in the daily mail with all your sensationalist doom and gloom your spouting, you have an opinion which you must have based on no evidence what so ever, for us to go down would take an absolutely awful run ...... the results from our last 6 games would probably see us clear (not mathematically) and we would still have 4 games left to play.

Your inane cryptic ramblings do make not make you look intelligent.

If you want to argue the point I made then please do, if you can see us getting relegated please show me some evidence of how our current position is going to deteriorate so badly that were going to get relegated. - if I have my head in the sand then you must have your head in the daily mail with all your sensationalist doom and gloom your spouting, you have an opinion which you must have based on no evidence what so ever, for us to go down would take an absolutely awful run ...... the results from our last 6 games would probably see us clear (not mathematically) and we would still have 4 games left to play.

Your inane cryptic ramblings do make not make you look intelligent.

could you decipher that cryptic rambling?

Were not S**t enough to go down, our problem is not that were s**t were inconsistent and being inconsistent is enough to keep you up because there are at least 4 teams doing a far worse job than us at the moment, even if it is frustrating to watch.

Surly Hulls only goal last season was to stay up - suggesting that Hull should have sacked him after keeping them in the prem in there first season is quite laughable.

You know what, GJ would deserve to be questioned about his job if we were in a relative position to Hull in this league (so if we were in Plymouth's position then yes it would be time to worry about the manager), remember Hull only got promoted to the prem one year after we got promoted to the championship but do you think Phil Brown would have got the sack if Hull were in 14th (i.e. 7pts off relegation).

How can you possibly believe GJ shouldnt be questioned about his job? something like 12 wins in his last 46 games is relegation form?

As for sacking Phil Brown after he kept them up, no, that would have been harsh, as like you said, his target would have been to keep them there, so mission accomplished. HOWEVER, it was clear to see from Christmas onwards last year, Hull were all out of ideas and, unless something drastic changed, that form would continue into this season. It has continued into this season, therefore this is why he has been sacked.

The difference between Hull and us, is that Hull are punching above their weight in the Prem, we SHOULD NOT be punching above our weight in the Championship. With the money we have spent, we should NOT be losing 6-0 and 5-2 at home.

Heres a better example. Nottingham Forest, Calderwood got them up, was given the chance in the Championship where it was clear to see he was out of his depth, so he was replaced by an experienced Championship manager, and now look at them.

People have to stop believing that GJ is the saviour of this club and that, without him, we would be condemned back to where we once come from. Like Calderwood at Forest, and like Brown at Hull, GJ has taken City as far as he can, and if he stays, and IF we stay up this year (I cant believe how confident you are, I personally feel the only team doing poorer then us is Sheff Wed, if they hit form, god help us), but if we stay up and GJ stays, next season, we will go down, I honestly believe that

wooah..hold on a moment - Phil Brown would be perfect for some of the posters on here:

1. success at Championship level

2. Prem experience

..what's not to like? Far better than any up and coming manager from the lower divisions...heaven forbid we'd ever go for one of those...

...if Phil Brown's not better than Gary I'm not sure who is...apart from Curbs (on their shortlist) and Coppell who will never come here....

If Phil Brown's not a contender (which I don't imagine he is from the posts above) Gary's job looks safe for the time being

How can you possibly believe GJ shouldnt be questioned about his job? something like 12 wins in his last 46 games is relegation form?

As for sacking Phil Brown after he kept them up, no, that would have been harsh, as like you said, his target would have been to keep them there, so mission accomplished. HOWEVER, it was clear to see from Christmas onwards last year, Hull were all out of ideas and, unless something drastic changed, that form would continue into this season. It has continued into this season, therefore this is why he has been sacked.

The difference between Hull and us, is that Hull are punching above their weight in the Prem, we SHOULD NOT be punching above our weight in the Championship. With the money we have spent, we should NOT be losing 6-0 and 5-2 at home.

Heres a better example. Nottingham Forest, Calderwood got them up, was given the chance in the Championship where it was clear to see he was out of his depth, so he was replaced by an experienced Championship manager, and now look at them.

People have to stop believing that GJ is the saviour of this club and that, without him, we would be condemned back to where we once come from. Like Calderwood at Forest, and like Brown at Hull, GJ has taken City as far as he can, and if he stays, and IF we stay up this year (I cant believe how confident you are, I personally feel the only team doing poorer then us is Sheff Wed, if they hit form, god help us), but if we stay up and GJ stays, next season, we will go down, I honestly believe that

I do believe GJ should be questioned - its by far a free ride - but what can he do about it right now other than get loans in? In fact over the summer after watching a number of friendly's I made the point that our defense was looking like it had more holes in it than swiss cheese and I posed the question had GJ done enough to evolve the defense so I was questioning him before the season had started(for which I got quite a backlash of wait and see what happens after 10, your just a moaner, why are you getting on GJ back before the season starts, blah blah blah ), the difference is while I don't think he has done enough I cant think of anyone that would have done more!

If 12 wins in 46 games is relegation form then why are we not in the relegation zone rather than mid table?

Your "with the money we spent" statement I think you have an over inflated view of the money we spend relative to other clubs in this league, I understand that are in the bottom 3rd of wages spent in this league, but that could be out of date data.

GJ was the Saviour of this club - we were going down - he saved us, got us promoted! maybe he is not the Saviour that will take us forward from this point but I can't think of anyone that would come here would do a better job and there is no point in change for the sake of change. Completely polar opposite to your opinion I cant see us getting relegated while GJ is the manager here.

We both have our opinions and I can see the point in yours I just think its a little early to write GJ off yet, maybe i'm a mug maybe your panicky - were both trying to predict the future so chances are were both wrong.

Heres to 3 point tonight.

I do believe GJ should be questioned - its by far a free ride - but what can he do about it right now other than get loans in? In fact over the summer after watching a number of friendly's I made the point that our defense was looking like it had more holes in it than swiss cheese and I posed the question had GJ done enough to evolve the defense so I was questioning him before the season had started(for which I got quite a backlash of wait and see what happens after 10, your just a moaner, why are you getting on GJ back before the season starts, blah blah blah ), the difference is while I don't think he has done enough I cant think of anyone that would have done more!

If 12 wins in 46 games is relegation form then why are we not in the relegation zone rather than mid table?

Your "with the money we spent" statement I think you have an over inflated view of the money we spend relative to other clubs in this league, I understand that are in the bottom 3rd of wages spent in this league, but that could be out of date data.

GJ was the Saviour of this club - we were going down - he saved us, got us promoted! maybe he is not the Saviour that will take us forward from this point but I can't think of anyone that would come here would do a better job and there is no point in change for the sake of change. Completely polar opposite to your opinion I cant see us getting relegated while GJ is the manager here.

We both have our opinions and I can see the point in yours I just think its a little early to write GJ off yet, maybe i'm a mug maybe your panicky - were both trying to predict the future so chances are were both wrong.

because 36 of these games is this season, the other 10 is from last.

As you said, its all about opinions, I just hope your right.

And as for the very last sentence, here bloody here, 3 points tonight would be just what the doctor ordered

Because the 46 games have been spread over a season. 12 wins gets us 36 points needing roughly 14 draws in those remaining games to stay up. That IS relegation form, it has simply been spread over 2 seasons which imo is the only reason he is still here and people still believe he can turn it around.

because 36 of these games is this season, the other 10 is from last.

As you said, its all about opinions, I just hope your right.

And as for the very last sentence, here bloody here, 3 points tonight would be just what the doctor ordered

But surly that means we have been in religation form all of this season (as well as some of last)? So once again why are we not in the religation zone? Its not even an average record - its Pi** poor but I dont understand that if its that bad compared to our competition then why are we currently mid table?

But surly that means we have been in religation form all of this season (as well as some of last)? So once again why are we not in the religation zone? Its not even an average record - its Pi** poor but I dont understand that if its that bad compared to our competition then why are we currently mid table?

We finished last season poorly but actually started this one OK. That's why we're not in the relegation zone at the moment.

If we were to lose the remaining 10 games this season then that would be 10 wins from 46 games, and would almost certainly see us finish in the relegation zone.

We're mid table because it's a tight division with the entire bottom half still in potential danger.

completely agree. if GJ is allowed o continue and gives the likes of mccombe new deals in the summer, we are knackered. if we think this season is bad what will next year be like.

OK, my argument is this....Johson has taken City as far as he can. No matter what he has tried, whether it be new tactics, new formation, new signings, new loanees....etc, it has got no better over the last 12/18 months. In fact, its getting worse.

Now, next season, if (when) we are a Championship club, can Johnson be trusted to bring in the correct players, and introduce a style of play that can kick us on?? I really dont think he can.....

Now, if the trend continues..then for me, next season we could be in serious sh*t! We cannot let this happen. You may well be right, we may well be safe this year, but what about next year when everyone starts on zero points, and we go again?? Do you feel Johnson is capable of getting us 52 points, let alone push us towards the top 6??

I really think if we go into next season with GJ in charge, we will be relegated. He is showing no signs of getting it right

The stats are taken from a calender year of 46 games rather than a season. Luckily we have had good starts to both seasons.

Archived