IGNORED

For 25 Years. For 40 Years. For 15 Years. For 35 Years. Etc.

Olé

People must not remember Swansea away under Tinnion or Chesterfield away under GJ early on. We were far worse then than we are now.

It was a very poor game last night for Championship level though from both sides. Luckily we had a decent start else we would definately be going down with them. As it is we should just about stay up but only by a couple of points I should imagine.

Remember them well also the likes of Northampton away, going to places like Shrewsbury and losing 4-0 and countless other games over the years.

But we had managers with NO money and playing young lads who gave there all.

Johnson has had more money than ALL previous managers and has wasted a lot of it. 37 games into the season and he still hasnt a clue which is his best side. Its become a joke.

Oh dear, how desperate are people getting, we sounded unluckyrofl2br.gif

To a degree we were unlucky. The officials certainly contributed to the defeat. *BUT* we were awful regardless, Plymouth weren't much better if equally as bad.

I've lost faith in Gary Johnson, his tactics, his tinkering, his continued manipulation of the team to include his son, his poor signings, his cosy backroom that includes his unqualified brother as our "talent" spotter. His refusal to bring young players through.

What's making this dissatisfaction even worse is the growing fear and realisation that Stephen Lansdown is not going to act and this dross is going to continue into next year driven on by some kind of misgiuded belief by SL that loyalty and taking the long term view will prevail and take us forward - possibly inspired by the often quoted example of Man Utd sticking with Ferguson.

Taking the long term view and showing loyalty are comendable providing IT IS TO THE RIGHT PERSON but sorry SL ,Gary ain't no Fergie.

Well put, CR. My sentiments entirely.

To a degree we were unlucky. The officials certainly contributed to the defeat. *BUT* we were awful regardless, Plymouth weren't much better if equally as bad.

Officials never win or lose football matches (except against Crystal Palacerolleyes.gif ). we know Plymouth are bad as there league position says so.

But they still scored 3 against us and that just goes to show how bad we are really.

If you think its been dire under Johnson for 3-4 months then you are the one who hasn't been watching.

Robbored in "City have not been dire under Johnson for the last 3-4 months" shocker. Only took the 13,000 posts before you changed sides.

On a more serious note, I know you'd love to tell everyone how he's been rubbish for precisely the same number of years as you've been banging on about the subject, but a year and a few weeks ago we beat the league leaders away, to go 4th, playing good football. Guess what, I even managed to loosen the rope around my neck a little earlier THIS season too, to enjoy it; I wasn't the only one, I didn't see anyone crying into their pints on Tyneside in October that this was the worst it'd ever been supporting City...

Every player with that bit of "something different"Carle,Noble,Trundle, Williams etc are all shown the door by Johnson and instead we watch all i can describe as flat boring negative crap!!!. Its our club and not Johnson City. I want to watch a team with some players who have come through the ranks and REALLY want to play for my club. Hes taken away the enjoyment of watching us play IMO.

So if this is the worst as you've said, who was it that had that bit of "something different" under Osman? Scott Partridge? Rodney McAree? Scott Paterson?? Oh wait, Phil Starbuck? Granted they were all a bit different to what you'd expect when you pay an entrance fee but I'm not sure that's quite what you mean. If you feel that watching Nicky Maynard playing Gary Johnson football is really worse than Colin "Dead" Loss playing Russell Osman football (and getting actually relegated) you've lost all perspective.

I actually agree with you that the signings this season have become farcical and the football (and the tactics and selection producing it) is now dire, but the point of my post was to highlight people spinning this sensationalist stuff about the gravity of our hopelessness in the context of a lifetime of supporting. Johnson may have taken away the enjoyment of watching but he also gave it to us in the first place. And Skuse, my Player of the Season, HAS come through the ranks and does REALLY want to play for us.

I think the fact that he just doesn't know his best side (or hasn't built one in the last two years) is the most annoying fact. Just pick what you think is the best side and stick with it.Also, i think it's fair to say that we have been poor/clueless at this level for a long time now. This problem goes back to before this season. In fact, you could argue that the signs were there in our first season up, but a combination of the surprise element and a lot of fight, managed to drag us through. Both have sadly now gone and thus we are struggling.I hate Pullis and his time here was awful. That said, he has a set way of playing, picks and buys the players that best put it into effect and sticks with it. This kills me to say it, but to be fair he has had success at Stoke and Gillingham doing this. Maybe Johnson could do the same, he just needs to regularly pick the same forking side and tactics and have some faith in his decisions.

It's funny how everyone slags off Osman, who was starved of cash, was only allowed to bring in free transfers and no hopers, when everybody knows they had Joe Jordan lined up for ages to replace him, miraculously funds were made available but it was Jordan who took us down not Osman!

Well I have been "going" for over 40 years - I first went in 1967 when Fred Ford was manager.

I've always looked forward to every game, I've watched City in all 4 divisions and seen every important game as well as virtually every home game.

But - for the first time ever I've sat in my seat in the Dolman and though "Why am I here, I'm simply not enjoying this" That's real, personally worrying as I've never felt like this before and it is a genuine emotion and I'm not "attention seeking".

I've lost faith in Gary Johnson, his tactics, his tinkering, his continued manipulation of the team to include his son, his poor signings, his cosy backroom that includes his unqualified brother as our "talent" spotter. His refusal to bring young players through.

We played at a lower level in the 4th div but at least we gave it a go, played football, and I had faith that Terry Cooper knew the game and what he was trying to achieve.

Pulis was boring and he made some awful buys (Mortimer, Jones, Beadle, Holland etc) and as ex-gas he was never going to be liked and was a bad choice (for City) by the Board but even then I believed he had coaching ability albeit not in the style of football that we wanted at AG.

He's shown at Stoke he can achieve success- if you accept his "style" of football.

Under Osman and Lumsden it was obvious it wasn't working but mercifully their reign's were cut short quickly by the board.

The dissatisfaction now being heard from all parts of the City support is with the fact that the Johnson era is being allowed to continue long after it's clear to everybody that it isn't going to change or improve.

If Gary Johnson had the ability to turn things around he would have done it by now because the cracks started 2 seasons ago.

What's making this dissatisfaction even worse is the growing fear and realisation that Stephen Lansdown is not going to act and this dross is going to continue into next year driven on by some kind of misgiuded belief by SL that loyalty and taking the long term view will prevail and take us forward - possibly inspired by the often quoted example of Man Utd sticking with Ferguson.

Taking the long term view and showing loyalty are comendable providing IT IS TO THE RIGHT PERSON but sorry SL ,Gary ain't no Fergie.

CR

Absolutely spot on.

I also think that a lot of people start their posts / comments etc with "I've been watching City for XX years..." purely to give their point of view some credibility (not that they need to in my view) otherwise they shouted down and patronised by others.

If you think its been dire under Johnson for 3-4 months then you are the one who hasn't been watching.

I have been a City supporter since 1967 and apart from Lumbsden this is the worst persistent football served up by any manager in that time.

The important point is to remember that Johnson has serving up the current shite for two seasons. Thankfully Lumbsden or the others you mention didn't have that long. Also remember that Johnson has far better quality players than any of the others did. Part of the reason it was poor back then was because City had too many poor players. Johnson doesn't have that excuse, after all he signed most of them.

The thing is though, we know by your own admission that you have a personal issue with Gary Johnson. Therefore we know that you wont be happy until he is gone.

To be honest, as upsetting as I would find it, I will laugh my head off at those supporters who couldn't give the guy even grudging praise for anything he has achieved if we go down. When we have won games it was by "playing crap football", when we played good football it was "despite of him" not because of him.

Those who have never forgiven him for replacing their mates, on and off the pitch, would rather see us go down without him than stay up with him.

I can safely say last night was one of the worst games I've watched in 20 years. I've seen worse defeats from a scoreline perspective but the way we played was absolutely shocking. Even Pulis didn't go quite as direct as we did last night.. and at least he kept the back door shut most of the time.

It was crying out for a creative midfielder to put his foot on the ball.

Tom, does this game rank as bad as the 6-1 taking at Lu'on away, under tinnion, or 3-0 away to Wycombe under Wonderson?

If it does, man it was bad...........

Tom, does this game rank as bad as the 6-1 taking at Lu'on away, under tinnion, or 3-0 away to Wycombe under Wonderson?

If it does, man it was bad...........

...or 0-0 away to Corinthian Casuals...now THAT was bad...

we've seen nothing like that abject, hopeless, mickey mouse club stuff in the more modern era...that era was awful and no amount of nostalgia can disguise it...Cooper had to personally haul the club out of the mire but while we were there it was dreadful...there is no comparison with today's disappointment...

Bit in '82, just having a team to support was enough. The start of the 4th Division was dire, but we signed Forbes Phillipson-Masters, and after Christmas, things improved.You can comapare, but it is all relative to resources available. Under GJ, we have lost in excess of £10 million in two years, and in return what have we got? A mediocre, unbalanced squad with only two players of any value.

Archived