IGNORED

Sky Sports 1 Commentators

Guest Father Dougal

Guest Father Dougal

They treat it like a game of Rugby League. Birtles

and Hawthorne were clearly supporting Hartlepool.

I thought there were supposed to be rules against

that sort of thing.

Glad to see it isn't just me. I agree that commentary team sounded biased, but they were right about the ref; he lost the plot as the game wore on including booking a City player in return for not awarding 'pool a pen.

How bias were they to Hartlepool?

Extremely. Virtually every decision they thought it was their free kick.

But the ref was worse.....

VERY BIAST!! I thought it was just me being paranoid.

It was probably because we are the "big club". And they like to see big clubs lose. Got irratating after a while though. And they had bloody Marco Gabbiadini on!!!!!!

Shocking commentating for the Swindon game today aswell, must of mentioned that Swindon player Grant Smith's old man missed a sitter in a past FA Cup final about 5 times during the match.

They don't actually have a clue, just read aload of facts about the past out.

I thought they were shocking too, very biased towards the home side. It will be interesting if they are as supportive to us on Wednesday!

I always listen to the Fanzone commentries on Sky when I can, shame there wasn't one yesterday.

I've only had Skysports since about October this season so i missed the Fanzone against our only other Sky match this year (Bournemouth in Sept). Has anyone on the forum ever done it? Some of you would be really good. :D

I thought they were shocking too, very biased towards the home side. It will be interesting if they are as supportive to us on Wednesday!

I always listen to the Fanzone commentries on Sky when I can, shame there wasn't one yesterday.

I've only had Skysports since about October this season so i missed the Fanzone against our only other Sky match this year (Bournemouth in Sept). Has anyone on the forum ever done it? Some of you would be really good. :D

Maybe they'll have someone with a connection to City in the studio on Wednesday (probably Osman). Those two clowns yesterday were terrible! Those of you who'll be watching on Sky on Weds night, if it's those two again, don't be surprised if they continually harp on about the penalty that Hartlepool should have had.

As far as I know, they don't do Fanzone for Nationwide matches.

Guest Cyprus_Red
Shocking commentating for the Swindon game today aswell, must of mentioned that Swindon player Grant Smith's old man missed a sitter in a past FA Cup final about 5 times during the match.

They don't actually have a clue, just read aload of facts about the past out.

i noticed that he mentioned him about 5 times

Maybe they'll have someone with a connection to City in the studio on Wednesday (probably Osman).

bobby gould? he was on Sky sports news talking bout city earlier in the week,

As far as I know, they don't do Fanzone for Nationwide matches.

nah they dont, i wrote an e-mail to sky and they say they don't have enough veiwers and basically feel it is a waste of money. load of tosh!

Guest exiledred

the commetators and the ref were both awful. the commentators try to cover up their lack of knowledge with stupid statements

I am just pleased that I wnot have to watch them on Weds as I'll be at the Gate!!

Birtles was a joke, he had obviously done some homework, but it was clear he knew nothing about any of the players on the park!

But i did like the little story about DW and his early days at Forest when Clough sent him to his room when he was trying to get a drink at the bar!!!

It seemed to me that they didn't revise any of the players names at all. In the first half they kept saying "the city player" or "the hartlepool player".

Roberts had the ball a few times and all they would say was "city have the ball" not "roberts is taking it up the line".

please sky, you embarressed yourself, I thought commentators were people who knew the game and the players actually playing! dumb

Somebody I watched it with said that they were biased because Hartlepool were at home, and so they would be biased towards us on wednesday. Apparently they always favour the home side. I have no idea why, because surely there would be more City fans watching the game on sky than hartlepool fans, and vice versa on wednesday. I thought it was an absolute disgrace, and although I shan't be watching sky on wednesday, as I'll be at the gate, my mate is going to watch it and let me know if they're biased towards us. If not, I shall be writing to complain. Just because we are a smaller team than Arsenal, that is no reason not to learn the name of our players, or to have some idiot in the commentary box. By the way, didn't Gabbiadiini play for the gas at one point? If that's the case, he's not exactly going to be nice about us, is he? Disgraceful.

nah they dont, i wrote an e-mail to sky and they say they don't have enough veiwers and basically feel it is a waste of money. load of tosh!
re: fanzone

I agree. Surely it's cheaper and makes for better viewing to get two fans from both teams to sit with a microphone and have the pleasure of having a bit of banter. I mean, it's not like you have to pay them, I'm sure most fans would jump at the chance for their ninety minutes of fame...

I admit, I would be rubbish, but only because I would probably utter some unrepeatable stuff on air in the heat of the moment :D

Still, it would be an experience. Just imagine it...

"so Rob, I see your manager is bringing on a sub... looks like a striker"

"oh, don't tell me, he's not taking off Peacock. That's a trait of Danny's... oh for ####'s sake, I'm right again! Oops, sorry. Yes, it appears that Roberts is coming off for Miller."

I agree, the commentary was crap. Lucky I had consumed several pints so that along with the noise of the fans in the Dolman Exhibition Hall they were a bit drowned out...

Guest bcfcsols
Somebody I watched it with said that they were biased because Hartlepool were at home, and so they would be biased towards us on wednesday. Apparently they always favour the home side. I have no idea why, because surely there would be more City fans watching the game on sky than hartlepool fans, and vice versa on wednesday. I thought it was an absolute disgrace, and although I shan't be watching sky on wednesday, as I'll be at the gate, my mate is going to watch it and let me know if they're biased towards us. If not, I shall be writing to complain. Just because we are a smaller team than Arsenal, that is no reason not to learn the name of our players, or to have some idiot in the commentary box. By the way, didn't Gabbiadiini play for the gas at one point? If that's the case, he's not exactly going to be nice about us, is he? Disgraceful.

I would tend to agree with you there. It does seem like Bristol City are a hated club within the footballing world and I dont know why this could be?

If you all had bought tickets and gone to Hartlepool then you wouldn't have had to listen to the commentary. If you had all bought tickets, perhaps the commentators would have mentioned that Bristol City had sold their allocation of seats which goes to show great loyalty in trekking the length of England in their glorious quest for play off success!!

Alas it wasn't to be :D

Monday night (Sunder v Palace) the ref boooked 2 players for over celebrating. Kamara slammed the ref for that stating it's obvious he has never played the game to realise how important that goal is.

Remember Chris, these regs are dreamed up by committees at the HQs of the FA, UEFA and FIFA. If refs don't apply these rules they drop down the rankings. The poor ref is the one who has to apply it.

Monday night (Sunder v Palace) the ref boooked 2 players for over celebrating. Kamara slammed the ref for that stating it's obvious he has never played the game to realise how important that goal is.

Remember Chris, these regs are dreamed up by committees at the HQs of the FA, UEFA and FIFA. If refs don't apply these rules they drop down the rankings. The poor ref is the one who has to apply it.

Yeah but it was the refs last game so he could have just let the players celebrate and added on a bit more time! :ph34r:

Archived