IGNORED

No Ambition-poor Display

Redtrojan

Knee jerk reaction -possibly,but that was dire.We scored a lucky early goal,should have doubled it from a whoosh clearance but inconsistant roberts showed why he is so frustrating by missing a guilt edged chance.Then sat back and did nothing for 83 minutes.You'd have thought we were playing Liverpool not bl**dy Hartlepool.I cannot believe in such an important game that we play a defensive formation and sit back on an early goal.We are so much better than them ,but watching that you'd never have thought it.Now they will come to the gate and our team will be under so much pressure with the expectation of the crowd,if we don't score early doors i don't dare think of the consequences.Only players to come out of todays game with any pride -the defenders(as they were very busy),phillips-kept us in it depite his howler for their goal and doherty captain corageous.I am very dissappointed with the tactics and performance,a major improvement is needed weds or another season of dissappointment awaits.

Guest eviltaxman

I have to agree.... almost anyway. At times we were playing a 10 man defence, but we also played them on the break. A defensive team don't do that sort of thing.

I totally agree with you about Phillips... my man of the match.

we scored a lucky early goal? I thought it was a very good goal, 2 great passes and a good header inthe back of the net. After that we did sit back and defended well, and gave a silly goal away but we got to play there down the gate. As for the pressure of playing them at AG look at the plmuff and queerpr game we handle the pressure brilliantly and the players will be well up for it, now get behind them and lets book our place in baadiff

we scored a lucky early goal? I thought it was a very good goal, 2 great passes and a good header inthe back of the net. After that we did sit back and defended well, and gave a silly goal away but we got to play there down the gate. As for the pressure of playing them at AG look at the plmuff and queerpr game we handle the pressure brilliantly and the players will be well up for it, now get behind them and lets book our place in baadiff
:whistle::wacko::D Its over :D we now have to beat Hartlepool at home to get a trip to Cardiff. If we cant beat them at home we deserve to be still in the 2nd next season. The end.

Guest Spike

I agree with everything except the bit about Roberts... I saw him trying to create chances but with very few players backing him up he didnt have much opportunity. I think he is one of the few players today who actually looked like he had passion to win

Guest Spike
If we cant beat them at home we deserve to be still in the 2nd next season. The end.
After the performance we gave today I dont think we deserve to be in the 1st division.

Our players dont seem to have any heart!

hey maybe I was watching a different game!

first half I thought we had them, played well and controlled it. Second half I think they came out the better team ( as maybe you would expect, them being at home and all). They certainly controlled things 2nd half and we missed Tommy!

By no means is this a disaster, a draw is a pretty good result up there. I also reckon we would have done better 2nd half if Tommy had been fit to stay on.

Best players - well Stevie pulled off some great saves (despite the mix up with Carey for the goal) and our defence looked pretty solid. Attacking wise I thought we lacked a lot - Rouge scored the goal, but had a quiet game, Tins worked well but lacked a cutting edge, peacock ran around but lack of service and poor finishing again, Roberts - one of his quieter games.

Still think we can do it at AG :whistle:

Roberts had passion to win the game?

if so l don't want to see him if he lacks passion, come on he was awful, missed the best chance of the game and did little else, to be fair he did lack support but he couldn't hold the ball up when he had it, over all a poor team performance and a little lucky to come away with a 1-1 result. :whistle:

Guest Swiss Baloney

Must agree,

Wtf were we soo deep ? towards the end the ball was getting booted forward and there was not red shirt in sight, Roberts is fast but he aint as fast as that.

What ###### me off most was the fact that we never changed our attack (ie Lita).

Phillips had a blinder only marred by the fact that he kicked the damn ball so hard on occation that the keeper at the other end cought it and kicked it strait back. Oh and the goal :/

Stop squabbling!

City got a decent result and now have everything to play for on Wednesday.We can't change tonights result - so lets look forward to turning Hartlepool over at AG.

We didn't lose - and thats the bottom line.

Stop squabbling!

City got a decent result and now have everything to play for on Wednesday.We can't change tonights result - so lets look forward to turning Hartlepool over at AG.

We didn't lose - and thats the bottom line.

At last a sensible post. It makes me so fcking mad that we get a draw and people criticise anything and everything.

Keep cool. Everybody would have settled for a draw before hand.

It will go to extra time and maybe pens on Wedsnesday but I believe we will be ok.

At last a sensible post. It makes me so fcking mad that we get a draw and people criticise anything and everything.

Keep cool. Everybody would have settled for a draw before hand.

It will go to extra time and maybe pens on Wedsnesday but I believe we will be ok.

:clap::clap::clap: yes save the post mortem till we`re dead and buried :o till the end till the end :whistle::wacko::D:D:o:baa::D

Guest wolverhampton cider ed

WERE going to BE OK

CITY TILL I DIE[/size

Drove back to wolverhampton with the scarf out the Window proud to be a city Fan

It seems annoying now but were going to do it.

The City we know and love didn't show up today. I think they missed Bell and the injury to Doc took a vital player out of our game. It will be a very different game on Weds, it HAS to be.

I guess we would of taken the draw at the start of the game, but it dosen't change the fact that we had them by the balls and didn't seem to have the drive to kill the game off (again!) Hartlepool were poor in the first half so why the hell didn't we go for the second goal a bit more often. How much happier would we of been to have the win and Wednesday would of been much easier but instead we're going to have to do it the hard way (again!)

But having said that, what is done is done and lets get behid the team for the vital game on Wednesday - I see no reason why we can't do it..and if we can't maybe we deserve to be where we are.

Guest torquay red
I agree with everything except the bit about Roberts... I saw him trying to create chances but with very few players backing him up he didnt have much opportunity. I think he is one of the few players today who actually looked like he had passion to win
Agree with that one,he needs a new strike partner,jo kuffour springs to mind,small very fast and frightens the poo out of defenders!

Guest uncle john

What hurts me is that 70 minutes into the game I looked at the two teams and saw one team of talented players looking nervous, playing it backwards, hoping for the final whistle, and not expressing themselves at all. The other team were a bunch of honest but limited footballers giving it hell for leather, chasing everything with honest enthusiasm, and giving their all. If we had shown their attitude and commitment, with a free goal start, the tie would be over. We all say we'll do them in the home leg, but that's not the point. In such a big game why are we saying 'oh well forget the first 90 minutes, just look at the second'. Because of their attitude in this tie Hartlepool not City deserve to go through, SO FAR. We could have nailed this tie if we had shown the same attacking commitment we had shown in the league game up there. Another damning indictment of Wilson's motivational abilities, if you ask me. I remember the Cup against Cambridge where we were casual in the first leg but said 0-0 is a good result, but paid for it in the home leg. You can't take chances in football and have to play for 180 minutes. Hartlepool have 90 minutes of attacking in the bag so far, we don't. Even if we do get through (and I expect we will) it is a worrying sign to play so poorly and nervously in such an important game. If they score from a corner in the first minute at Ashton Gate we will regret having wasted those 90 minutes against them in the first leg to try and score!!! In their half we barely strung two passes together and barely made a chance. You need 180 minutes to attack and win, trying to do it in just 90 is the wrong strategy. I'm very sorry if people find this negative but I'm only calling it as I see it.

"the players don't have any heart", "they weren't trying", "Danny cannot motivate".... standard lines from the standard City fan every time we dare not win a game. If you believe the average contributor to the forum, or caller to Radio Bristol all you need to do to win football matches is "show a bit of passion" and you automatically win! Wake up - there was heart, passion, fight - whatever else you want to call it from everyone of those players on Saturday.

We did not win, but we did the next best thing. We could have gone at them with our 'home' formation, but against a team and a crowd still buzzing from thier highest EVER finish, but being one or two goals down when we struggle to score goals against good defenses would be disaster. Danny was spot on in playing a slightly more cagey game in the hope of stealing something. It almost worked, too.

No matter - we'll play the same barnstorming football at home that we played against QPR, Plymouth and Blackpool and we'll roll them over at least 2-0. Tie is already over.

Archived