IGNORED

Press Conference

mjbcfc

The meeting was at one of their homes last night says Gary. All sounding very amicable. SL says they are good friends as well as manager and chairman.

SL says they haven't spoke to anyone about managers job, but there are lots of rumours around that he has.

SL says search will start after today, millen incharge for forseeable future.

GJ says he has enjoyed his time here, disappointed to be leaving. Says his biggest regret is not winning the play off final, would have liked to manage in the prem. He says he is open to offers and looking for a new challenge. Both agreed time for a move for the good of the club.

twentyman asking if it was purely football related or did something happen the other night. SL said purely footballing reasons.

SL - no-one in mind, they have not spoken to anyone

SL - Thanks for getting us close to prem

SL - no timeplan on new appointment, search starts after today.

GT - you have been the most popular manager for some time.

GJ - last couple of months very difficult, high expectations etc. PLayers worked hard to get club where it is. Didn't feel enough players were getting credit for where they are.

GT - biggest regret

GJ - Play-off final

GT - What you going to do now.

GJ - Looking forward to next challenge (jokes about being suited & booted), available now.

GT - Thanks from radio bristol & fans etc

Only City could have their (ex)manager attend his own leaving by "mutual consent" press conference. It's one of the most perverse things I've ever heard.

The choice of participants and their tone makes it blindingly obvious this wasn't a planned and willing decision based on footballing matters from either.

If two actors had to play the role of a chairman and a manager, both of whom have had a parting of ways forced upon them, they'd have sounded like that.

Only City could have their (ex)manager attend his own leaving by "mutual consent" press conference. It's one of the most perverse things I've ever heard.

The choice of participants and their tone makes it blindingly obvious this wasn't a planned and willing decision based on footballing matters from either.

If two actors had to play the role of a chairman and a manager, both of whom have had a parting of ways forced upon them, they'd have sounded like that.

Exactly what I thought, they made it sound like neither of them wanted this but they had no choice, whatever the reason

Just fired off the following to Radio Gas:

Your coverage of the press conference at Ashton Gate this morning was an absolute travesty.

As soon as your correspondent had asked his questions you turned immediately off of it, despite the fact that half of the football supporting population of Bristol had a massive interest in the events of the press conference, not just your questions.

Absolutely disgraceful, you should be supporting the community that you serve by covering an event of this magnitude in its entirety, rather than shamelessly self-publicising by only airing your own questions.

Disgusting attitude.

Guest BristolCityFC

Just fired off the following to Radio Gas:

Your coverage of the press conference at Ashton Gate this morning was an absolute travesty.

As soon as your correspondent had asked his questions you turned immediately off of it, despite the fact that half of the football supporting population of Bristol had a massive interest in the events of the press conference, not just your questions.

Absolutely disgraceful, you should be supporting the community that you serve by covering an event of this magnitude in its entirety, rather than shamelessly self-publicising by only airing your own questions.

Disgusting attitude.

YEAH SPOT ON! they should be ashamed of themselves!

Exactly what I thought, they made it sound like neither of them wanted this but they had no choice, whatever the reason

Yes, thats how I saw it too. If there was a way of making it work I think they would have. I don't think either of them were happy, Gary isn't our concern now but SteveL is, I'm now worrying again.

Also Gary said in the conference that he wanted to take us up into the PL to manage there and get a chance to spend some of the PL money, not the Chairmans. Was he saying that he has spent quite a bit of Sl's money and maybe a hint of guilt that he hadn't spent it as wisely as he should? Maybe he had been told that? Maybe I'm reading too much into things!

Archived