IGNORED

So Many Empty Seats

the_real_city

How come you didnt sell your allociation for the pool game? its your biggest game of the season. Remember Cardiff at the gate in the play-offs last year. We greatly outsung you and that got into the players. You cant even say "its 7 hours away" or anything, becuase Cardiff took 3000 to Sunderland in a midweek night game.

Personally, and i tbink you'll agree, i mthought pool shouldve won tonight. it surely sets up another nail biting encounter. did you notice the difference in quality though between that game and those contested between the 4 divison 1 clubs?

1. The game was on Sky - This would have persuaded quite a few to opt for watching the game at the pub, or indeed in the comfort of their own homes.

2. Travel - Very long journey. You say you took 3,000 to Sunderland. Would that be the same Sunderland that are up and down between the Premiership and Divison 1? The same Sunderland that have a 48,000+ stadium? 3,000 that all?

3. Cost - £15 for a ticket for Hartlepool, then add travel costs to that (double at least depending how you get there). Then another £10-15 for Wednesdays return game. There is also the possibility that a trip to the Millenium Stadium is just around the corner as well - £20-30ish for a ticket, then travel costs (although not half as much as it would cost to get to Hartelpool).

A number of supporters have also just purchased next seasons season ticket, which isn't exactly cheap. Could turn out to be a very expensive month for supporters of BCFC.

How come you didnt sell your allociation for the pool game? its your biggest game of the season. Remember Cardiff at the gate in the play-offs last year. We greatly outsung you and that got into the players. You cant even say "its 7 hours away" or anything, becuase Cardiff took 3000 to Sunderland in a midweek night game.

Personally, and i tbink you'll agree, i mthought pool shouldve won tonight. it surely sets up another nail biting encounter. did you notice the difference in quality though between that game and those contested between the 4 divison 1 clubs?

###### me, can you count? I thought Taffs went... 1-2 er Hundreds!

Guest swindonite

Taz, I take it that Hartlepool, who will have all the same rather pitiful excuses you just listed (and the added excuse that the game is on midweek work night), and who also have much smaller home gates than yourselfs will be bringing much less than your pitiful 668 down on Wednesday?

When the going gets a bit tough, the City fans all stay at home to watch the game on the tele. :whistle::wacko:

Guest Holly7406

Take it your a Swindle fan See you in Cardiff and get ready for a good stuffing. Wouldn't get back till 3:00am in the morning can't handle that unlike you obviously.

Taz, I take it that Hartlepool, who will have all the same rather pitiful excuses you just listed (and the added excuse that the game is on midweek work night), and who also have much smaller home gates than yourselfs will be bringing much less than your pitiful 668 down on Wednesday?

When the going gets a bit tough, the City fans all stay at home to watch the game on the tele. :wacko::D

Did you actually read the rest of the post? Oh no don't worry, you probably had a hard enough time reading that little bit :whistle:

Guest reigate green

We filled our total allocation at Hartlepool for a game that didn't matter !

When we played you at Ashton Gate you could have heard a pin drop from you lot apart from some sort of clapping noise when you scored.

When you hear the name Bristol City, the word spectators springs to mind. Isn't it about time you amalgamated with Rovers then two average lower division clubs might muster together some FANS to represent your town and then SUPPORT your team at games that might just matter ! (Instead of watching them on sky where your players can really feel that vibe coming from those armchairs 200 miles away!)

Guest swindonite
The other two points that I made, which Swindonite seemed to overlook :D
I didn't overlook them at all, if you read my entire post you'll see I was getting at the fact that Hartlepool fans could cite all the same pathetic excuses you listed but they will bring much more down than you took up today and they have much less fans and the game is on a midweek night.

City a big club? :whistle::wacko:

Is this the same Swindon that last season had less of their own fans at the County Ground than City fans?!...Not to mention all the City fans outside. Averaging about 6000 except when they start doing well like now?!?! There's no point having this "My Ground is Bigger than yours debate". You're playing Brighton tomorrow not us..!!

While it is a tad embarrassing that we didn't sell out our allocation factors listed above could explain this. Barnsley away game, two Home games, season tickets etc etc and it's the middle of the month so it's going to take a lot of money to be able to afford to travel all the way to Hartlepool! I didn't get paid until Friday so couldn't afford to go myself(and don't have a car) and couldn't find anyone who could afford to go with me rather than watch Sky anyhow..!!

Guest swindonite
Shall we compare average attendances homa and away this season?
No need, we accept we're a small club, that's not the point here (although I'm certain we'd have took more than 668 tonight).

You weren't a bit embarassed by your pathetic showing tonight? :whistle::wacko::D

God! City have a fantastic away support, just look at the amount we have taken to Barnsley, Sheffield Wednesday and Luton to name but a few.

Personally I didn't go because I couldn't afford it.

Bear in mind a lot of people have aready made the trip to Hartlepool this season. Also the game has very little consequence being the first leg.

No need, we accept we're a small club, that's not the point here (although I'm certain we'd have took more than 668 tonight).

You weren't a bit embarassed by your pathetic showing tonight? :whistle::wacko::D

Nope. Aren't you embarrassed that you're on here banging on about something that has nothing to do with you?

Guest swindonite
Nope. Aren't you embarrassed that you're on here banging on about something that has nothing to do with you?
Nope. :whistle:

Guest PAFC Ben

You can make all the excuses you want but at the end of the day you couldnt sell a away end that is pretty small for a playoff semi final for a apperntly massive club thats pretty pathetic. Fair play to the 600 odd who went but the rest of you should be embarresed.

Where there's a will theres a way?

You can make all the excuses you want but at the end of the day you couldnt sell a away end that is pretty small for a playoff semi final for a apperntly massive club thats pretty pathetic. Fair play to the 600 odd who went but the rest of you should be embarresed.

Where there's a will there a way?

Like I said before, not everybody can afford a trip to Hartelpool, Barnsley, Cardiff and an extra home game as well as that. Plus the additional travel costs :Sleep12:

Guest swindonite
Like I said before, not everybody can afford a trip to Hartelpool, Barnsley, Cardiff and an extra home game as well as that. Plus the additional travel costs :Sleep12:
Don't buy it. Hartlepool fans travelled down to Swindon last week in pretty big numbers (about 1500), had a home game today, have trip to Cardiff in a few weeks and will bring alot more down to you on Wednesday than you took up today. How come they can manage it? :wacko: On their pitiful Northern wages as well. :whistle:

Guest Holly7406

CAUSE THERE ARDENT FANS LIKE YOU. THE PLAY-OFF FINAL IS 2 WEEKS TOMORROW NOT IN A FEW WEEKS LIKE YOU SAID NAIVE NUTTY FOLL. GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT RIGHT BEFORE YOU START SHOUTING YOUR BIG MOUTH OFF.

Don't buy it. Hartlepool fans travelled down to Swindon last week in pretty big numbers (about 1500), had a home game today, have trip to Cardiff in a few weeks and will bring alot more down to you on Wednesday than you took up today. How come they can manage it? :wacko: On their pitiful Northern wages as well. :whistle:
Have they just purchsed their new season tickets as well then?

Guest reigate green

If the fact that you were on Sky is the excuse then you had better not ever make it to the Premiership, as I take it you'd all rather watch (sorry spectate) your team with your slippers on stroking the cat !

Second thoughts you'd be able to cash in by selling your ground, and playing down the park.....who needs FANS when you can WATCH Bristol City !

Guest PAFC Ben
CAUSE THERE ARDENT FANS LIKE YOU. THE PLAY-OFF FINAL IS 2 WEEKS TOMORROW NOT IN A FEW WEEKS LIKE YOU SAID NAIVE NUTTY FOLL. GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT RIGHT BEFORE YOU START SHOUTING YOUR BIG MOUTH OFF.
A few weeks pretty much means 2 weeks you twit.

Guest Holly7406

COURSE IT DOESN'T FOOL YOU'VE GOT TO BE PRECISE IN THIS LIFE MATE OTHERWISE YOU'LL GET IN A RIGHT MESS PRATT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived