IGNORED

So Many Empty Seats

the_real_city

The fact that fans from three other clubs have come on here speaks volumes.

Sounds like an inferority complex to me.

To the three of you having a go at City fans, are you just deluding, or trying to convince yourselves how important you are?

I don't waste my time going on your sites because I'm not interested in you. I am a City fan interested in this football club nothing you will post on this forum will change that fact.

I thank you though for taking the time to visit this site and therefore contribute to the financial welfare of a football club that you would appear to spend considerable amounts of your time thinking about.

Guest reigate green

If you were a true City FAN you'd be travelling back from Hartlepool right now matey instead of on this web site ....go on tell me you're using a lap top on the coach....the reason I am on this web site is cos our season is over and I'm bored and waiting for next seasons Div 1 fixtures to come out in anticipation of some decent atmosphere at some BIG clubs with lots of home and AWAY FANS !

Your quite welcome to my money, I'm happy to contribute to charity as you'll need it to fund Murrey, Rougier and Caskey if you don't go up !

Guest PAFC Ben
WELL SAID MATE WELL SAID HOPEFULLY THAT WILL SHUT THOSE 3 FANS UP FROM THE THREE CRAPPY CLUBS.
Stop shouting are 12 years old or something? I remind you that our 'crappy' club finished 8 points ahead of you...

Young man what football matches I choose to go to are my decisions and mine alone.

For the record I have already visited the Victoria ground this season so I think I continually show more than average loyalty to Bristol City FC. As I have done since 1977, whatching My footabll club in all four divisions to the brink or bankruptcy and back again.

Don't come on here with all this die for the cause rubblish your football club is no different from many others before the tremndious job that Paul Sturroch did you were propping up the 3rd divison on poor attendence of 3,500.

I would suggest that you go back on your forum and question your fellow pilgrims where they were when you were ****. Because you never know one of those band wagon jumpers might take your seat when you fill home park for all those matches next season.

Thanks again for posting on this site at 11.35pm that shows commitment.

Stop shouting are 12 years old or something? I remind you that our 'crappy' club finished 8 points ahead of you...
Still couldn't take any off of us though could you. I'm going to bed now :Sleep12:

have you really nothing better to do that bore us with your ramblings?

I am more than happy to engage in sensible debate with opposition fans- but not when you're just coming on here to saw "we're better than you" blah blah blah

I don't care where you are in the league we will always look down on you. Every club in the football league does.

Go get yourself a girlfriend or something (if you're female then make that boyfriend)

Lets be honest, today was poor, but i think it was just a blip. We have a massive away following proven by the average away attendance all season. Today was a oddity. Proven by the fact these swindon and plymouth fans felt it was a great chance to jump on our board and fish for a dispute.

We know it was a poor turnout today. But you cant dispute we will have 19000 fans on wednesday and have had the same turnout for our last few home games against barnsley, brighton, plymouth, qpr and some more whoppers too. Overall these swindon fans and plymouth fans need only look at the facts to eat there own argument. Lets not let them catch anymore bites.

Guest bristolbred

Due to City's ticketing policy, i was unable to purchase a ticket before Friday, then had to collect it at Hartlepool. :@

So other people in the same boot would have been put off from making the effort. :whistle:

I wish that those fans who make the effort to attend away games would get preference over those who only attend fairweather games at the gate!!. :Rage:

Swine/Plym and Hartlepool :whistle: come to that, cant beat us on the pitch so they try to wind us up on here blow them away THEY DONT MATTER :P

THERE IS ONLY ONE BRISTOL CITY :wacko::D:D

The fact is we're not a big club with a fantastic away support.

Whoever said we are is kidding themselves badly. We should've sold out yesterday. People can come up with all the excuses they like, but out of the 40'000 we took to the Millenium Stadium, not being able to muster 950 fans for a game twice the importance is dissapointing.

End of.

Guest bristol south end

Dont bite to any swindle fans,this is the same swindle fans who brought more than a 1000 fans to AG for the first time in many a season last year,nowTHAT is pathetic away support

Gotta be honest and say whatever motives Cardiff,Swindon, Plymouth may have for coming on here, can't help but agree with them. As a non season ticket holder didn't expect opportunity to go to Hartlepool so had plans for weekend. When I saw the feeble no of tickets sold on thurs decided I had to go, bought ticket , got the old man to pick it up and drove down to Bristol fri pm to collect. Managed to get another Swindon red who didn't get in from his school prom till 4 am to get his sent up to Hartlepool and come with me. Currently knackered, unpopular and storming headache, but this game was important and the team needed us. Huge respect to all the other City that made the effort.

Guest Georgeformbygrill
Taz, I take it that Hartlepool, who will have all the same rather pitiful excuses you just listed (and the added excuse that the game is on midweek work night), and who also have much smaller home gates than yourselfs will be bringing much less than your pitiful 668 down on Wednesday?

When the going gets a bit tough, the City fans all stay at home to watch the game on the tele. :whistle::wacko:

Why don't you start taking more than

349 to Barnsley.

423 to Chesterfield.

358 to Hartlepool.

1,084 to Sheff.w.

943 to Luton.

Then come on here and give your opinion.

Our ticketing policy put alot of non-season ticket holders off, tickets were to go on sale to ST holders only and it was stated in the evening post on monday that there were around 100 tickets left which were suspected to be sold early tuesday so I didnt bother to ring up and wait in a 45 minute que on the phone only to be sold that they were sold out.

I know this confused alot of our supporters who had read this article and then gone on to purchase tikets for the Dolman exhibition hall.

Furthermore, tickets didnt go on general sale to a day or so ago which confused non ST holders further.

Yeah I know excuses, excuses...

But i see a 'packed' County Ground is 'rocking' at the moment...

AND SWINDON ARE STUNNED AS BRIGHTON TAKE THE LEAD

We filled our total allocation at Hartlepool for a game that didn't matter !

When we played you at Ashton Gate you could have heard a pin drop from you lot apart from some sort of clapping noise when you scored.

When you hear the name Bristol City, the word spectators springs to mind. Isn't it about time you amalgamated with Rovers then two average lower division clubs might muster together some FANS to represent your town and then SUPPORT your team at games that might just matter ! (Instead of watching them on sky where your players can really feel that vibe coming from those armchairs 200 miles away!)

This coming from a fan of a team that averaged 4.000 :D 3 years ago, ho ho !

You can make all the excuses you want but at the end of the day you couldnt sell a away end that is pretty small for a playoff semi final for a apperntly massive club thats pretty pathetic. Fair play to the 600 odd who went but the rest of you should be embarresed.

Where there's a will theres a way?

I didnt go, and am not one teeny weeny bit embarrased, 27 years of watching City everywhere is enough for anyone :D:D . :D

We went cos we missed the league match up thur!

An we alway`s wanted to go to Hartlepool!

Thurs a lot of away games we have missed this season!

You go to what games you can afford. Your ruddy

lucky if you can afford to go to um ole!

It don`t make we a better city fan cos we went to

Hartlepool compaired to they that never went!

Pull together city fans, stop the whingin` and get down

the gate on Wednesday an roar us on to the Millenium!

i wanted to go but had to start work at 8pm the boss won't

give me time off for everytime city play that run in to our working

hours, tuesday nights are a pain as we have night games and i

work, if it's a big game i beg to the boss for the time off i'd love

to see city in a ldv game at say barnet on a tuesday night but

for me it ain't practicle. and i am just glad we got this

return game on a wednesday.

home games are great for me as i can watch the game then go straight

to work but it just ain't possible to do every away game that

is more than a 2hr drive back to bristol for me to start work,

now i can't take too much time off as i'd lose my job and city

is a hobby which i love but i also got a family to feed which must

come first.

I am a student, and I simply couldn't afford the petrol to Hartlepool, plus the ticket, plus the petrol back. I couldn't afford the train ticket. And I'm right in the middle of exams, so excuse me if I sat and watched on sky, before heading back to my room and revising for my exam this morning. I'm going to the home leg, and I can't really afford that, but I wouldn't miss it. I can't afford to go to away games, they're so expensive, and although I hgave a part time job, my wages go on my rent. So Cardiff, Plymouth and Swindon pratts, please bog off to your own sites, and leave us alone. So we didn't take that many. So what? We had what, 300 tickets left? So what? Just because we didn't take thousands of people up there, people who have families and jobs and other commitments, does not make us a lesser team.

And I dunno what Swindon are on about, you outplayed Brighton, and still lost. Not exactly something to shout about, in my opinion.

Archived