IGNORED

Thanks For The Memories.............(trust View)

thatcham red

Many won't have seen the Trust's view on Gary's time with us unless you regularly visit the site innocent06.gif

So here it is:

http://www.bristolcityst.org.uk/trust_news/article000613.shtml

As so eloquently put in Markman's post "It is over, so we must move on"

We have a massive game on Saturday. It will be a full house, live on TV and a chance to really let the vocal chords rip in support of our team.

Plenty of time still to get those old retro shirts out, nip down the shop and buy some balloons, dig out those old scarves and banners. But most of all, bring big proper voices and get behind Keith Millen and the team for "By the Fans Day":

http://www.bristolcityst.org.uk/trust_news/article000612.shtml

Who's up for it?

I thank Gary johnson for the support he gave early doors in the eastend opening and his passion for a positive atmosphere at ashton gate, The grounds renaissance from having one worst atmospheres of any division to one of the best was helped by Gary Johnson stream of sound bites regarding the powers of positive support leading to not unsurprisingly more of the same. Regularly skipping across the pitch to applaud the Eastend encouraged fans to do more. It was not Johnson who had turned Ashton Gate into an embarrassment matchday, our fans would now be behind both goals if it was up to him, if it was up to him you could get in any time in the Eastend. Gary Johnson motivated support to feel that it was possible to create a great club off the pitch and actually we are the bizz instead of a dull farmers backwater, he also inspired us to sing songs like bounce around.

So also i think Steve lansdown needs a break from all this negativity so lets get ashton gate loud and proud saturday regardless of what newcastle throw at us, the club needs us all now... ''BY THE FANS DAY'' COME LETS DO IT LOUD!!!!

I got flags going up, flags on poles, 500 white, 500 red balloons the lot, lets make an effort.

P22.jpg

Good point about Gary building a rapport with fans and encouraging positive support. It was, in my opinion, something he did well at the outset (although he got a tad negative towards the end it has to be said).

I've seen talk of banners about Gary, fair enough. Let's get some other things going as well to add to what Ciderhead is doing.

If everyone wears something red or retro and brings a pocket full of balloons, it will make a big difference. Most of all, bring your big propor voices!! chant6ez.gif

We've got to outsing those barcode wearing Geordies, haven't we? whistle.gif

Archived