IGNORED

Evening Post Goes For The Jugular

big p

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/homepage/Bristol-City-manager-Gary-Johnson-lost-dressing-room/article-1927921-detail/article.html

Bloody hell theyve really gone for GJ.I think they were just waiting for this to happen.But i got to say alot of it makes sense.

The part in which Peter Styvar was in fact a left back is in fact comical.

But i do agree with alot in which is written.

I know im going to get slaughtered on here but FXXX it.

http://www.thisisbri...il/article.html

Bloody hell theyve really gone for GJ.I think they were just waiting for this to happen.But i got to say alot of it makes sense.

There are some truths in there and some nonsense - it's shoddy journalism in my opinion.

Regarding Styvar, although things patently haven't worked out, the article suggests he was nothing other than a left-back, whereas his Wiki page makes it clear he scored 30 goals in 57 appearances in the season beofre he joined us:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_%C5%A0tyvar

Did anyone ever complain that foreign imports were stopping academy products coming through? Which foreign players exactly were ever responsible for Ribeiro and Wilson not getting a game?

It seems bit of a nasty little article to me.

All the time we've been looking for a left sided player as well, Styvar was it all along! Journos, love em

The Evening Post journalists are cowards. I'm sure Adam Baker could qualify but when did they put any of this to Johnson at the time? When did they ask questions about Lee Johnson's selection? It's all well and good putting their head above the parapet now to throw some stones. Shameful, it really is.

So now a manager shouting instructions at his players becomes "arguing". And since when was Nyatanga a senior player? And Saborio went back to Costa Rica didn't he, besides which constructing an argument against his signing based on supporters questioning expectations of him is feeble in the extreme.

And to cap it all, the article is xenophobic. Seeing as they've accused us of it, which of you blamed foreign imports for depriving young players? I was unhappy that Walthamstow born Agyemang came in at expense of Akinde, and it's the likes of Nyatanga (Welsh) and McAllister (Scottish) depriving Wilson and Ribeiro.

A total crock of ****e but you'd expect nothing less. A paper with no class.

Now is the time to reflect on the good times. To thank GJ for all he's done for the city of Bristol anf this club.

Everything is water under the bridge now and, personally, I have no interest in the dirt they seek to uncover.

He should be applauded as a man and a manager who CLEARLY did what he thought was right for the club he has shown so much affection for.

EP - Full of wannabe cheap journo's who'll never make the grade.

Sad.

I'll NEVER buy another copy.

shoddy journalism is being polite, a crock of sh*te more like. that article was probably created by a lazy hack pouring over the pathetic drivel written on this daft forum.

i posted this and then noticed it had pretty much all been said above. at least im not on my own in thinking it.

Well, there's very little real news there, it's just 'tittle-tattle' and stuff cobbled together. The bit about the scout is fair comment, although the likes of Elliott weren't exactly disasters. But I can see where the EP is coming from with some comments about going for players you can trust - witness the huge number of ex-Yeovil players.

Anyway, it's what you'd expect from a local rag - same anywhere, the mighty Bucks Herald that we get here is such utter sh17e I refuse to have it in the house, always sticking in the knife based on hearsay and rumour.

But there's no doubt it's kicking a man after he's down, probably because Johnson wouldn't feed them stories.

What a dreadful piece of writing. It basically sums up most of the negative comments from this place over the last few years, but without any real insight.

It's also full of factual inaccuracies (Campbell-Ryce on loan, Styvar a left-back, Saborio back to Switzerland - no, he left there and went home to Costa Rica,)

They portray a manager being in a bad mood - answering questions from the media 'tersely' - after a defeat as a bad thing. I'm sure the last thing most managers want to be doing after losing is speaking to that bunch of numpties.

Th four 'big name' players were either past it or overrated anyway. How are all four of them doing now? No-one wants him (AB), Yeovil then League Two (MS), the subs bench at Swansea (LT), and soon-to-be-relegated Palace (NC). So which one of those exactly did he get wrong...!?

And if they expect us to believe that the 'contact within the City hierachy' is a real person, and they didn't just make those comments up, they must think we're stupid.

The BEP has fallen a long way in the reporting of sport in general and football in particular since the days of Peter Godsiff and Robin Perry. Those blokes lived and breathed City and Rovers and gave much better insight into the clubs than the trash now peddled by the two-bit hacks who dare to call themselves journalists.

I haven't bought a copy of the paper for years and never will again.

"The paper all Bristol asked for and helped to create" used to be proudly emblazoned as its strapline. We didn't ask for the downmarket trash it now serves up.

I could just about understand the slant if the split had been quite acrimonious (though I'd still not be happy with it).

As it is, the dignifiied, emotional and fitting departure yesterday is obviously something the EP doesn't have the journalistic talent to feature.

Far easier to destroy something than build it up so they've done exactly what the OP says.

God I feel worse today than yesterday. Pull yourself together man ......

And if they expect us to believe that the 'contact within the City hierachy' is a real person, and they didn't just make those comments up, they must think we're stupid.

I've had contacts within City in the past, but their view is completely subjective and typically not worth much in the grand scheme of things - like any other workplace.

The staff at the press conference in tears yesterday weren't asked for their opinion were they?

That is amazing!

If these "facts" were actually true then why didn't they bring this up when it was relative? Like someone else has said they really are just cowards, whats the point in throwing mud when when its not informative.

This is everything that is wrong with Journalists today, there just gossip queens and as for the "contact within the City hierarchy" This holds about as much weight as me posting on here that I have a source at Arsenal that said "Wenger has decided to rip up his contract and sign for city because he wants a new challenge", the basic matter of the fact is if "the source" cant be tracked back then they can say what they want knowing that they will never have to explain themselves they usually do say what they want usually fitting with some kind of agenda embellishing and twisting truths. Why is everyone so cowardly these days that they wont put there name to what they say? If you think what your saying is so wrong that you cant put your name to it then it obviously isn't true and/or you shouldn't be saying it in the press.

I've had contacts within City in the past, but their view is completely subjective and typically not worth much in the grand scheme of things - like any other workplace.

The staff at the press conference in tears yesterday weren't asked for their opinion were they?

Exactly. If true, they managed to pick the one member of staff with a grudge against him.

How do we know the hierachy they're talking about isn't the Supporters' Trust? And that the supposed contact isn't a member of that with the name 'Robbo'?!

The EP has been waiting for years for GJ to leave, just so they could stick the knife in.

Too right, what a joke this comic is.

Just a couple of points, who writes their headlines?

They've even manged to spell Charlton wrong in on the back page in bold.

They are without doubt the poorest selection of "journalists" who have ever reported on our club, with factual errors abounding, gossip being printed as if truth and an obvious agenda that somehow never quite mentions when Bristol's other side is in poor form or having difficulties.

Stockhausen and Jones should be ashamed of themselves but as the have zero attachment to the area or feeling for the club they won't.

Never buy that nasty rag.

The EP has been waiting for years for GJ to leave, just so they could stick the knife in.

My words exactly on reading this article, and oh boy, aren't they taking pleasure in twisting it.mad.gifmad.gif

Disgraceful anti-Bristol City F.C. garbage that can serve no purpose other than to fragment the club at the very time we most need to pull together.

This Andy Stockhausen?

Driving ban for Bristol Post journalist

Wednesday, March 18, 2009, 07:00

A sports writer for the Bristol Post has been banned from driving for 18 months after he was caught drink-driving.Andy Stockhausen, 45, of St George, who covers Bristol City for the paper, appeared at North Avon Magistrates' Court yesterday.

He pleaded guilty to one count of driving with excess alcohol.

Magistrates gave him an 18-month ban, a £600 fine and ordered he pay £75 prosecution costs.

The incident took place at around 10.30pm on March 7 in Bath Road, Longwell Green.

When the defendant was breathalysed, he was found to have 66mg of alcohol in 100ml of breath. The legal limit is 35.

Speaking in his own defence, he said: "I was moving my car 100 yards from a pub forecourt at the request of the landlord. It was stupid really

This Andy Stockhausen?

Driving ban for Bristol Post journalist

Wednesday, March 18, 2009, 07:00

A sports writer for the Bristol Post has been banned from driving for 18 months after he was caught drink-driving.Andy Stockhausen, 45, of St George, who covers Bristol City for the paper, appeared at North Avon Magistrates' Court yesterday.

He pleaded guilty to one count of driving with excess alcohol.

Magistrates gave him an 18-month ban, a £600 fine and ordered he pay £75 prosecution costs.

The incident took place at around 10.30pm on March 7 in Bath Road, Longwell Green.

When the defendant was breathalysed, he was found to have 66mg of alcohol in 100ml of breath. The legal limit is 35.

Speaking in his own defence, he said: "I was moving my car 100 yards from a pub forecourt at the request of the landlord. It was stupid really

That article has no mention of the landlords opinion of him. Couldn't they find anyone on the inside?

Cannot even be called shoddy jounalism this dross should not be allowed, at a time when you would expect the local press to try to promote the city and its footballing status this rag attempts to make the club a laughing stock, this article is not fit for the sunday sport, any self respecting newspaper would print an apology to GJ, SL and the clubs fans but we know that will not happen.

SL is trying to push the club forward and to achieve a brighter footballing future for Bristol City and he has to endure this crap thrown up by the BEP, he must feel like walking away right now and i for one would not blame him.

Exactly. If true, they managed to pick the one member of staff with a grudge against him.

How do we know the hierachy they're talking about isn't the Supporters' Trust? And that the supposed contact isn't a member of that with the name 'Robbo'?!

The same thought crossed my mind.

Reading the EP article, a feeling of deja vu came over me, as though I was re-reading robbored's posts from the last few years.

This is a sad end to a top manager. Listening to his press conference and his interview on Talksport, I realised that we have lost something that is all to rare in the modern game - a real character.

Since Christmas I could see that the end was in sight, as far as his time as manager here was concerned and it does sound as though he may have precipitated his own demise with events at Plymouth. Looking back, his biggest strength was his self belief and the confidence this gave everyone around him. I think he started to lose this sometime ago, and has been struggling for a while now and his random selections demonstrated that he was becoming ever more desparate.

However, I also feel that he was being increasingly undermined from within the dressing room, and once this happened there was going to be no way back. He showed his players loyalty that they seem to have repaid with treachery. I am sure that had he stayed there would have been a fairly major clear out this sumer, as players not good enough, past it, or too disruptive within the squad would have left. Against this background, it will be interesting to see how the new manager will deal with the current squad. I would imagine that a few players are playing for their careers over the next few weeks.

sadly people like him will be reading it an nodding with approval, and be using it as proof they were right all along.

By the way he's nothing to do with the supporters trust and I doubt they'd appreciate having there name assoicated with him

The Evening Post will not exist in a year or two's time. The circulation continues to drop like a stone. Anyone with any insight or intelligence would not be hanging on in there but would have gone and got a job with prospects. Anyone working there is just dross and that is why they come up with garbage like this which is a load of stuff cobbled together mostly from this forum. So here's a message to the "journalist" who cobbled that cr@p together ... Time to look for a new career, sunshine. People don't read the EP anymore. They read stuff on here like you. We don't need you to rehash it in a rag we don't read. Try McDonalds - at least they'll train you what to do if you have a job.

This piece of inane, inaccurate garbage could have been written by Nathan Jones who GJ did not get along with at all.

GJ had a fractured relationship with the Evening Post (as has the club including Lansdown) and only last season refused to speak to them for several weeks after some bullshit rumour they published.

No suprise that one of the many gas ***** that works there has decided to stick the knife in. Could even be Andy Gashausen I guess? Pathetic drink driving tosser.

They'll all be reading this post at the EP sports desk this morning wondering if they actually have a purpose in life.

Look at yourself chaps - you're cr*p at your jobs, everyone knows it and nobody likes you. A sad state of affairs.

They'll all be reading this post at the EP sports desk this morning wondering if they actually have a purpose in life.

If they understand the use of a proxy, that is. :whistle2:

Archived