IGNORED

Evening Post Goes For The Jugular

big p

That cannot be true about Styvar surely!?!?!?surrender.gif

No, it is total rubbish. Some clown mentioned it on here once and those who are dumb enough take it as gospel.

Have a look at his career stats on Wiki, I know Slovakian football isn't a great standard but if he scored that number of goals from left back then he was their Roberto Carlos.

Still as the Evening Post (and some on here) know, why let the facts get in the way when you want to stick the knife in?

sadly people like him will be reading it an nodding with approval, and be using it as proof they were right all along.

By the way he's nothing to do with the supporters trust and I doubt they'd appreciate having there name assoicated with him

Sorry about that, isn't he a former member, though? Or is it the 'Robbored Supporter(sic) Club' he's a member of...?!

Where's Robbored now anyway? Isn't his ban over? Just keeping a sensible low profile from all the mud slinging?

Robbored's never gotten under my skin, though if I was him I'd stay away for a bit as he's onto a hiding to nothing this week from this forum.

No, it is total rubbish. Some clown mentioned it on here once and those who are dumb enough take it as gospel.

Have a look at his career stats on Wiki, I know Slovakian football isn't a great standard but if he scored that number of goals from left back then he was their Roberto Carlos.

Still as the Evening Post (and some on here) know, why let the facts get in the way when you want to stick the knife in?

Yes, and looking at his last season in Slovakia, 30 goals in 57 games, who here wouldn't have signed him!? That's a superb goalscoring record, and even if he was a leftback, he flippin' well should have converted to striker!

Sorry but I dont understand what you are all getting uptight about?

To me the article is quite correct..........there was a bust up and SL was made aware of it and as it was not the first then something had to change so they discussed it together like they always promised to eachother they would when the time came

Oh sorry - the article said JCR was a loanee when we actualy paid money for him...well lets never buy the paper again for making that error - and even I read Styvar's interview when he first came saying he was a LB who moved to mid then was tried up front a couple of times and stayed there since

Yes we are all thankfull to GJ for what he achieved in his 4yrs but no one can deny the quality of the football had dropped to an almost extinct point and the number of bums on seats dropped likewise as a result - FFS even GJ agreed that it had run its course and time to move on - so get over it - its history now

Certainly not the EP fault - good report well done

Where's Robbored now anyway? Isn't his ban over? Just keeping a sensible low profile from all the mud slinging?

Robbored's never gotten under my skin, though if I was him I'd stay away for a bit as he's onto a hiding to nothing this week from this forum.

I'm sure he posted last night.

Nonsense.

With the selective choice of subject matter (where's the well done and thankyou slant), dubious sources, factual inaccuracies .... it carries no more weight than anyone's post in this forum.

On that basis, and add to that their continual negative spin, they are abusing their priviledge as a local publisher. They have a responsibility here.

It's terribly written, full of factual inaccuracies (they seem to think Adebola was only at City for 6 months) and reads like childish gloating, revelling in the fact that the man they didn't like (because he stood up to them) has finally been forced out.

Unless Johnson's successor is a complete clown they can probably look forward to more of the same treatment anyway. I can't see why any self-respecting manager would waste his time on that lazy, cynical, back-stabbing bunch of hacks.

To me the article is quite correct..........there was a bust up and SL was made aware of it and as it was not the first then something had to change so they discussed it together like they always promised to eachother they would when the time came

Oh sorry - the article said JCR was a loanee when we actualy paid money for him...well lets never buy the paper again for making that error - and even I read Styvar's interview when he first came saying he was a LB who moved to mid then was tried up front a couple of times and stayed there since

Yes we are all thankfull to GJ for what he achieved in his 4yrs but no one can deny the quality of the football had dropped to an almost extinct point and the number of bums on seats dropped likewise as a result - FFS even GJ agreed that it had run its course and time to move on - so get over it - its history now

saints preserve us you honestly believe thats a good article!!!!!

It's terribly written, full of factual inaccuracies (they seem to think Adebola was only at City for 6 months) and reads like childish gloating, revelling in the fact that the man they didn't like (because he stood up to them) has finally been forced out.

What I have read after clicking on the link doesn't even mention Adebola?

Have they possibly changed it since earlier release by any chance?

The EP has been waiting for years for GJ to leave, just so they could stick the knife in.

Yes, and do you know why? It's because he was cleverer than the whole shoddy lot of them put together. That article looks like it was written by one of the 12 years olds on here. All it needed was the Conference Manager quote, they must have fotgotten that.

Gary's exit was handled with the upmost dignity from what I can tell yesterday. He can hold his head high and walk into another club with ease. It sickens me though that some of the 'journalists' I saw shaking his hand yesterday have written this spiteful piece today.

I'm a great believer of what goes around comes around. I think the Evil Post will regret this piece. I would applaude the club if their requests for interviews etc were met with a blunt 'no'.

What I have read after clicking on the link doesn't even mention Adebola?

Have they possibly changed it since earlier release by any chance?

Apologies. I was confusing it with a different piece of shoddily written nonsense from the EP:

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/homepage/Gary-Johnson-miracle-worker-did-Bristol-City-proud/article-1927931-detail/article.html

Note also the headline that calls him a "miracle worker" and the 3rd paragraph, which states:

"But City quickly lost nine games in a row to prove that Johnson was no miracle worker"

This piece of inane, inaccurate garbage could have been written by Nathan Jones who GJ did not get along with at all.

Just been on North Street and scanned the paper - this piece of garbage is a two page spread inside the front cover, written by someone called Rob Perkins. Never heard of him, and hope never to have to again. The photo 'voxpops' includes someone who thinks Trollope should be our manager. Do you think the EP print these things deliberately?

Just been on North Street and scanned the paper - this piece of garbage is a two page spread inside the front cover, written by someone called Rob Perkins. Never heard of him, and hope never to have to again. The photo 'voxpops' includes someone who thinks Trollope should be our manager. Do you think the EP print these things deliberately?

Yes, without any doubt at all.

Yes - think how many page impressions they must have got on there website today (that gets them money), were talking about them - thats a nice bit of publicity for a rag thats already in the gutter and despite the awful journalism will actually keep some people reading it as it is there only way of getting (using the term very loosely) "information".

At last, someone with some sense!

And people wonder why local journalism in this country's going down the pan? Still, must be quite an easy job I suppose, just sit on the internet all day and copy and paste. In tomorrow's Evening Post- the moon landings were faked, 9/11 was done by the US government, and Bristol City open managerial talks with Alan Curbishley, Steve Coppell, Sean O Driscoll, Gareth Southgate, Paul Tisdale, Steve McLaren, Phil Brown, Mark Hughes, Derek McInnes, George Burley, Jacki Dzeikanowski, Keith Millen and Lee Johnson.

Evil Post, load of bollocks written by gas heads with an agenda to split City, its fans, its players, its manager, and its board, cos they are sad sagheads, whose on own moth eaten team and ground aint ever gonna be a major player

Archived