IGNORED

Jacki Dziekkanowski Has Applied !

CodeRed

Scott Murray, David Noble and Lee Trundle.

All great guys and excellent footballers, thats a given. But we are talking about a player who John Motson( no less stated, v Leicester FA Cup Away) "He maybe from a different country - but today he's from a different planet" He's just got to be the best extraterrestial to have ever played professional football (not counting peter beardsley)

Would love to see him in some capacity at AG, what brilliant memories, can't explain how much I loved watching such a skillful player light up the direst of games.

Was it Pompey when he beat his man by flicking the ball over his head on the bye line, pulling the ball back for Andy Cole to slot home????? I digress....

Pretty certain it was Ipswich?

The whole crowd went silent, I don't think we could believe what we'd just seen.

Pretty certain it was Ipswich?

The whole crowd went silent, I don't think we could believe what we'd just seen.

It was Ipswich, I remember reading a "captains corner" article in the programme at the next home game, where it quotes wayne allison as saying "I taught him that" chatting to a team mate on the subs bench.

Can we get footage of that on youtube?

I said he was overrated, I'm not disputing that he was talented, he just had zero application and as Terry Butcher once famously said, "the heart of a pea".

Fact is he never scored a single league goal for us away from home, and he was largely a passenger when he didn't have the ball.

We sold an actual legend in Bob Taylor who scored approximately 200 league goals (mostly in The Championship) after he left us to fund his signing, too.

Dziekanowski's contribution? About 35 games, 8 goals, stats which are very similar to those of Ian Baird, that brief spell with us makes him a City legend, does it?

I remember going to Twerton Park and watching him stood around with his hands on his hips whilst Gary Shelton tried to do the work of 3 men in a 4-0 defeat.

Where did Dziekanowski go after City? The German second division.....

I said he was overrated, I'm not disputing that he was talented, he just had zero application and as Terry Butcher once famously said, "the heart of a pea".

Fact is he never scored a single league goal for us away from home, and he was largely a passenger when he didn't have the ball.

We sold an actual legend in Bob Taylor who scored approximately 200 league goals (mostly in The Championship) after he left us to fund his signing, too.

Dziekanowski's contribution? About 35 games, 8 goals, stats which are very similar to those of Ian Baird, that brief spell with us makes him a City legend, does it?

I remember going to Twerton Park and watching him stood around with his hands on his hips whilst Gary Shelton tried to do the work of 3 men in a 4-0 defeat.

Can't argue with any of that, but comparing him to Ian Baird, harsh!!

:laugh:, the fact he quoted was that he never scored in an away LEAGUE game.

Ok whatever, but tell me a City player that was more enjoyable to watch in the last 30 years, not saying the most effective or productive or goals per game, but a joy to watch when he was on form.

In fact during his time at the club, him playing was one of the only reason to go, in the hope that he produced a bit of magic.

Ironically we were in Div 2 at the time same as now and the performances then werent brilliant, but at least you went knowing there was a flair player involved that might produce something

Dziekanowski was the laziest player I've seen in a City shirt. A few tricks convinced the fans that he was a genious. He scored 7 goals in 43 games which is a fact that many fans overlook. Andy Cole was a far better player.

I regularly used see Jacki stumbling out of the Adam and Eve in Hotwells usually on my way home from work around 5pm. He'd probably been in their all afternoon after morning training.

Dziekanowski was the laziest player I've seen in a City shirt. A few tricks convinced the fans that he was a genious. He scored 7 goals in 43 games which is a fact that many fans overlook. Andy Cole was a far better player.

I regularly used see Jacki stumbling out of the Adam and Eve in Hotwells usually on my way home from work around 5pm. He'd probably been in their all afternoon after morning training.

Andy Cole is a poor choice to use when comparing lazy players. I've said on at least one previous occasion how lazy Andy Cole was at tracking back.

JD was class, a flair player, though I agree he did look somewhat cumbersome when he didn't have the ball.

Including Stern John?

Jacki would stand around near the half way line with his hands on his hips, looking at his team mates defend. He might, and I mean might go after a clearance if it was within 5 yards of him.

He was shockingly lazy. Head and shoulders above any other City player Ive seen in all the years I've been going down the Gate.

• Admin

He was far from alone in being a drinker, bit harsh to single him out, it was rife throughout football, many pub landlords could tell tales of all day sessions, There was a particular group of players that used to have an all day session in the White Horse in Bedminster every Thursday (some faking injury to get out of training), their behaviour got so bad the Landlord banned them!!

I'll never forget the Wolves game when he came off the bench and scored twice, that was real fantasy football.

I wish him all the best, but can't see him being the man to take us forward.

Well you may not rate him...but I know one bloke who should...a certian Andrew Cole who in not small part owes a lot to Dziekanowski....get yourself a copy of the review of the season they played together before Cole got his big move, self explanatory after a look at that. I dont think he is what we are lookign for in terms of mangement but quality player, no question.

Yes ordinary fans were completely hoodwinked by Jacki's tricks, flamboyance etc, only a true sage could see through them.

Nobody overlooks his stats, but many people are simply happy to think back to the moments of magic he used to produce, moments of magic, which are a rare sight in today's footballing environment of standard trained, robot footballers.

Just wat we need at the mo another polish worker over here. (only joking)

wat a great talent and a great waste of talent. Really wierd but was telling the story of him(specifically the Ipswich magic and the boozin) to my colleague only this mornin then he's on the news applying for job. Freaky!

Ipswich that's was it, Pompey I remember for the denim clad 657 crew sat in the dolman, until they were removed by a combination of flying seats and fists!

How many times did the Dolman used to get smashed up? Have to say, the tear up in there that day had to be seen to be believed. Like you say, fists and seats going in all directions.

Even I have to agree with RR.

Was'nt it Jacki who Big Robbie Turner floored in a wine bar in Gloucester Road?

Jacki would stand around near the half way line with his hands on his hips, looking at his team mates defend. He might, and I mean might go after a clearance if it was within 5 yards of him.

He was shockingly lazy. Head and shoulders above any other City player Ive seen in all the years I've been going down the Gate.

couldn't give a toss, he didn't need to expend ridiculous amounts of energy chasing lost causes, he wasn't here for that, he was pure class a true entertainer, how you can be so negative on this subject baffles me.

Andy Cole is a poor choice to use when comparing lazy players. I've said on at least one previous occasion how lazy Andy Cole was at tracking back.

JD was class, a flair player, though I agree he did look somewhat cumbersome when he didn't have the ball.

30 + goals a season excuses a striker tracking back and Fergie taught Cole the art of tracking back at Manure.

Flair player actually more like luxury player.

Archived