IGNORED

Gj Live On Twentystones Phone In

Rich i e

Jesus, this is heart breaking.

no it's not , watching one of your nearest and dearest die before there time is heart breaking, this is just a man who didn't cut the mustard leaving a club, and in maybe a month or so will be paraded in front of another bunch of fans with there teams scarf on and won't give another thought to B.C.F.C PLEASE GET THINGS INTO PERSPECTIVE

They can't be that needy. Do you know how much replica shirts cost?

It was one from a few years back, black one with a red trim around the neck. Was probably donated in one of those things where they ask for old shirts, and post them out to Africa for kids to play football in.

It was one from a few years back, black one with a red trim around the neck. Was probably donated in one of those things where they ask for old shirts, and post them out to Africa for kids to play football in.

So he's got a vintage shirt! That would have been even more expensive!!

(Saying that, there is probably some deserving person wearing my old Gold and Blue City shirt (got it for a fiver from the club shop in the sale, realised very quickly that fiver would have been better spent on cider and donated the shirt to one of the charities that send footy shirts over seas)).

There can be few other ex-Managers who would have character and lack of resentment 24 hours after a departure, to do a similar interview.

All credit to Gary and Steve Lansdown for the way they have conducted themselves with such dignity.

Gary's CV must be one of the most impressive in the Football League - 3 promotions and no relegations - all the best Gary & thanks.clapping.gif

no it's not , watching one of your nearest and dearest die before there time is heart breaking, this is just a man who didn't cut the mustard leaving a club, and in maybe a month or so will be paraded in front of another bunch of fans with there teams scarf on and won't give another thought to B.C.F.C PLEASE GET THINGS INTO PERSPECTIVE

I do agree however, perhaps this comment could also have been stated when we were losing to Cardiff and some of the fans were hurling abuse at the players and manager. While I agree that Johnson going is probably for the best I also feel that the fans could have got behind the team more. Hopefully, we can all get abit more positive now and support our team!chant6ez.gif

There can be few other ex-Managers who would have character and lack of resentment 24 hours after a departure, to do a similar interview.

All credit to Gary and Steve Lansdown for the way they have conducted themselves with such dignity.

Gary's CV must be one of the most impressive in the Football League - 3 promotions and no relegations - all the best Gary & thanks.clapping.gif

i must say the way GJ and SL have come across is class the last couple of days. i wanted GJ to go as i feel he had hit a wall with city and everything had gone stale. only the greats can go on at a club for more than 4 or 5 years and after the cardiff defeat the time was right for me, but the way he has faced up to the media and put himself out there, along with SL since the news broke is first rate.

good luck to him at his next club. i am sure he will come good again.

i must say the way GJ and SL have come across is class the last couple of days. i wanted GJ to go as i feel he had hit a wall with city and everything had gone stale. only the greats can go on at a club for more than 4 or 5 years and after the cardiff defeat the time was right for me, but the way he has faced up to the media and put himself out there, along with SL since the news broke is first rate.

Wish i wrote that,top post,agree 100%

I echo that and would add, that more of this sort of PR would have perhaps helped previously. But maybe this only came with the relief it was all over...I don't know but you cant help but admire him for it

Many things are heart breaking mate. Emotions go from 1-100 and each individual person's buttons can be pressed at any point along it.

Your obviously a 100 type of guy.

A laugh and a joke until the end.. Curbishley won't be the same.

TBFH, I would rather have a man in charge of my football club who is a decent manager and knows what he is doing and gets results and ultimately us up the table than a manager out if his depth but that's OK because sometimes he's funny and makes jokes!!!!!

Get a grip!

TBFH, I would rather have a man in charge of my football club who is a decent manager and knows what he is doing and gets results and ultimately us up the table than a manager out if his depth but that's OK because sometimes he's funny and makes jokes!!!!!

Get a grip!

Out of his depth is rather harsh, we've finished above at least 14 other teams twice in this league. Gary got set in his ways yes, but, aside from results, how many other teams have a quote thread for their boss? I know a guy at Radio Bristol who found GJ a pleasure to work with because of his honesty and charisma. The guy is more than just a result churner. His vastly likeable personality IMO is probably the main reason we will all miss him, along with the great memories he provided along the way. Yes we are in a results driven business, but there is more to it than that, ultimately.

• Admin

I do agree however, perhaps this comment could also have been stated when we were losing to Cardiff and some of the fans were hurling abuse at the players and manager. While I agree that Johnson going is probably for the best I also feel that the fans could have got behind the team more. Hopefully, we can all get abit more positive now and support our team!chant6ez.gif

Lets put this into perspective we had just let in SIX goals to a local rival and to be honest could have been more !

If you personally think that you could have been more supportive fair enough, but ONLY during the end of the Doncaster game was there any real anti Johnson chanting during the game, booing at half / full time is not really going to affect the match.

Many fans still spent hard earned money travelling home and away so think to start saying the fans could do more is a bit of a hollow arguement.

In one way it was good to here GJ on the radio as there are always things that you want to hear, but please move on, you are now the FORMER manager of our club and good luck for whatever the future holds

Lets put this into perspective we had just let in SIX goals to a local rival and to be honest could have been more !

If you personally think that you could have been more supportive fair enough, but ONLY during the end of the Doncaster game was there any real anti Johnson chanting during the game, booing at half / full time is not really going to affect the match.

Many fans still spent hard earned money travelling home and away so think to start saying the fans could do more is a bit of a hollow arguement.

In one way it was good to here GJ on the radio as there are always things that you want to hear, but please move on, you are now the FORMER manager of our club and good luck for whatever the future holds

Depends where you sit but Gary got alot of abuse from a few people in the Williams stand all season. Yes I do think that fans could have been more supportive but thats just my opinion.

Perspective?............ you call for that NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived