IGNORED

Ribeiro

BCFC Jordan

First off fair play too Keith for giving him the chance!

Second blinking delighted for the lad. smile.gif I thought he had a very good game after being chucked in the brown stuff for his first game for a while and a half.

thought he played well and looked really competent my question is would gj have played him today

if Johnson was still here would Riberio played....my view......DEFINATELY NOT.

We would have stayed with a 4 man defence,

VERY brave of Millen to change it to a back 3 with 2 youngsters in it in Nyatanga and Riberio and credit where it's due deserves praise for it.

if Johnson was still here would Riberio played....my view......DEFINATELY NOT.

We would have stayed with a 4 man defence,

VERY brave of Millen to change it to a back 3 with 2 youngsters in it in Nyatanga and Riberio and credit where it's due deserves praise for it.

pretty much what i thought, buts theres got to be reason he wouldnt play him id imagine with 10/15 games under his belt hell be a cracking defender

Great to finally see Ribeiro make his league debut. was at the the Peterborough game a couple of years ago when he injured his knee. Looked fairly confident for someone thrown in at the deep end. Hope this means we will see the likes of Artus and Plummer very soon! fingerscrossed.gif

He impressed me today and I cant see why Gary didn't give him a chance?

Sky Cameras, best team in the league, doesn't get much trickier than that for a debut does it?

For someone who had been constantly told that the step up to Championship was too great for anyone without experience. I thought he made a sound debut. Did his job well against one the best strikers in the division, worked well alongside Carey and was unfortunate not to be part of a great win for City. Imagine his potential when he regains match fitness and has 10 games under is belt.

Also, had to play out of position from his preferred wide (attacking) fullback role, but still provides useful cover for the club in the centre when required.. Well done Milley for showing the confidence and courage to pick him.

Support and cheers from the crowd must have been great for the lad, a great prospect for City.

great to see him in the team and hopefully he'll be there for good now, however he was at fault for the second goal, seemed to lose concentration and then reacted too late

Not strictly correct....he got dragged out of position due to two Newcastle players breaking past midfield.

Considering he is hardly match fit I thought he played very well. Did look a bit flat footed at times and indicisive at whether to tackle or not but when your in the back three its always best to stay on your feet.

Better to come as he is a more accomplished going forward and didnt really get the opportunity yesterday.

All that said, if he puts it in he will make the grade.

Good for him.

Delighted to see his name on the team-sheet and hope to see a lot more of him in coming weeks! Thought he was excellent first half and possibly looked a little flat second half, but considering this was his first start since Carlisle and we were playing the league leaders I thought he looked a very good prospect!

Just watched to his interview on World and he comes across as a very level headed young man who has a maturity far beyond his inexperience. Top top lad, and an excellent prospect. His attitude should serve as an example to kids currently in the academy who should be told "look at Ribs - that's how to carry yourself". Fingers crossed there's a lot more to come from him.

Not strictly correct....he got dragged out of position due to two Newcastle players breaking past midfield.

Watch the highlights carefully, he didn't get dragged anywhere. As the ball comes from Newcastle's half and the winger is flying past Orr, Carey and Nyatanga are retreating with the flow of the play. Ribs, despite being the man to deal with any ball to that flying winger, is basically stood still, out of line with his other two centre backs and has no momentum to deal with a ball played to the winger. So when that winger does get the ball Ribs cannot catch up, Carey has to leave Carroll to close down Ribs' winger and Nyatanga gets nowhere near covering Carroll for Carey.

That said, for the kid to be punished by a goal for maybe one lapse of concentration (at least in my eyes) on his debut against an all-but-Prem team was harsh and unlucky. Also, I think one of Ribs' strengths is going forward from full back - which he couldn't display yesterday - so all in all he's a fine prospect and hopefully a fixture in the eleven for ages to come.

Didn't really notice him, not sure if that's good or not.

Good, he did a good steady job, took advice, & communicated with the others well. Didnt see him make any major cockups, and few minor ones. first time Iv'e seen the guy, and I was well impressed, those who said he was the future are right

Archived