IGNORED

Gerken

BITW

Can't believe people are slagging off Sno and Skuse as well.

Sno was AWFUl AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL...Its not slagging him off its a fact..Watch him...And to add injury to insult he could have left us with ten men for his nancy boy lashing out...It was like he wanted to get sent off...WATCH IT

Skuse IMO did good considering the fact he had to change where he plays>>>BUT that is one of the reasons we have him in the first team..He provides alternatives and he did again...the **** up with Gerkin I understand was him shouting for the ball and Gerkin having no brains and defective eyesight giving it him....

Still Barnsley on Tuesday Millen and Walsh I hope (prey) saw all of this

Cmon you reds

His saves saved us the match ffs ! !

How anybody can criticise gerken today is beyond belief.

He actually commanded his area today, pulled off some brilliant saves. OK he made one mistake but how many mistakes did the rest of the team make?

this love in with basso is just a joke - he doesn't want to play for us and if he was that good all the teams who have made emergency goalkeeper loans would have snapped him up by now = get over him.

This has nothing to do with Basso.

We were 2-0 up, the game plan was working to perfection then our GK commits a schoolboy error, Newcastle score and the whole momentum of the game changed. Yes he made a good save from Best later but the damage was done.

We blew a fantastic opportunity to beat the champions today, move up the league and take a win into Barnsley. Sooo frustrating, god knows the mental affect this will have on the players.

This has nothing to do with Basso.

We were 2-0 up, the game plan was working to perfection then our GK commits a schoolboy error, Newcastle score and the whole momentum of the game changed. Yes he made a good save from Best later but the damage was done.

We blew a fantastic opportunity to beat the champions today, move up the league and take a win into Barnsley. Sooo frustrating, god knows the mental affect this will have on the players.

In my opinion he was also to blame for the second goal. Kicking the ball out for a throw in, which led to the second goal. At times his kicking is woeful.

We drew 2-2 with Newcastle, Maynard scored another World Cup Willy Goal, and the Gate was buzzing Yep I bet the players confidence is rock bottom!!disapointed2se.gif

Look, I'm not saying it's a bad result but can you imagine it from the players perspective.

They were obviously playing to a plan, 25 minutes had gone in the 2nd half, Newcastle hadn't really come close to scoring, then Deano gifts them a goal, all the hard work undone and we end up hanging on for a draw. Quite apart from the buzz/vibes gained from beating the mighty Newcastle another win bonus down the drain.

I find it hard to believe that posters can attribute both Newcastle goals to Gerken. For the first, in my eyes Skuse is at least equally culpable. Alright, it might have been a bad decision by Gerken, but I've played enough football to know that if you call for the ball like Skuse did, you normally have a check to see that soemone isn't breathing down your neck. Skuse also allowed the ball to run past him - if only he'd put his foot on the ball. Anyway, I hope they both learn from their mistakes.

Blaming Gerken for the second is just absurd.

he's a good shot stopper kept us in it yesterday, yeah he made a bit of an error for there 1st goal, millen has already said he put his hands straight up for it in the dressing room after and it was an honest mistake, but the thing that worries me about him is his kicking ability, nearly every kick flys into the stands apart from this good keeper.

I think it's easy to blame either Skuse or Gerkin for the goal.

However, anyone who's played football at a decent level will know that sometimes you have to make snap decisions based on the best info at the time. Skuse thought he was in space and called for the ball. Gerkin reacted to that and threw the ball to Skuse, who was probably shielding his marker from Gerkin. In short, it was an error on the part of both (perhaps possibly more on Gerkins side as he could see all of the play), but it happens and I'm not gonna lose too much sleep over it. I certainly wouldn't change my goalkeeper selection based on that incident.

Gerkin's a good keeper, no doubt about it and all keepers make mistakes - just look at Harpers handling for our first and he's meant to be one of the league's best.

The best part of Gerkin's game is his shot-stopping - but then it always is with young keepers. My problem with him is that he just lacks experience. 24 is young for a first team keeper and he needs to learn a lot about his positioning and distribution. But we're in that catch-22 situation - he needs games to learn but I think we need a better keeper in the short term. Tricky one...

this love in with basso is just a joke - he doesn't want to play for us and if he was that good all the teams who have made emergency goalkeeper loans would have snapped him up by now = get over him.

He can't play for another club this season because BCFC retained his registration past the transfer window actually.

Archived