IGNORED

Well Done Keith!

bristolcitysweden

The attitude of the players today was second to none something not seen at AG for a very long time.

You picked YOUR team and deserves hughe credit for a very good display!

LONG LIVE THE KING!

Tommy

If the players were "up for it today" they should be ******g ashamed of themselves for not trying hard enough in recent games. Therefore they do not deserve our praise one bit.

What a load of rubbish. This was the game that everyone was going to be up for . The biggest team/club in our division. The one home game everyone was waiting for , from the day the fixtures came out. If any one was not going to be up this one then, they should'nt have been on the pitch. These players should not have needed much motivation for today. If GJ had still been in charge he would be getting slaughtered on here for going 2-up then throwing it all away with some poor school boy defending. No doubt there would be a loads calling for his head again. Has any thing changed then? We dropped another 2 points at home and the defence gifted the opposition AGAIN. Well done Millen. The sooner he goes the better. fastasleep.gif

Do not think you're given credit where its due.

Being up for It - Yeasterday the whole team played for each other and the club. The effort put in was incredible and the crowd / atmoshere the best i have experienced all seasion>

Throwing away 2 goal lead - I think Gerkin unfortunately gave them the initiative at a critical time where so many of the City players had little energy left. In fact a number of the guys had injuries but just carried on giving all that they had. Marv and Harley where immense in the centre but could hardly walk after the match. With the Toon's quality is became impossible to keep them out once they took advantage of tired legs and unfortunate mistake.

Has anything changed - Blimely. I heard no booing. Chairman was delighted by crowd, effort and atmoshere. So were the sponsors. Ribs was finally asked to kick a ball for City. Some of the best individual City performances this year. Nyatanga played really well and did not look scared when talking to the bench.

Sooner he goes - Milley took on he role. Raised moral, got the lads to put in an excellent shift and ensured we did not get stuffed 4/5 nil by the Toon. Brave enough to finally play some of our academy players infront of the endless list of loanees. . Well done that man a great start.

Well done KM and the players, excellent performance. Ribiero played very confidently, and whoever said "if GJ picked that team he'd be slaughtered", GJ wouldn't of picked that team! Surprised to see Sno come on, I saw the reserve game in mid week and he didn't look fit then!

So Roger you got access to failand, so you most propably would of seen his first game in the colours against Plymouth Rese. Has he ever looked fit to you?

As someone said if GJ had played like that he would have been slaughtered, and to be fair if we were going to ply 3 5 2 we had no option but to play Riberio as Mcombe and fontaine were injured.

Riberio did look very shakey

Ribeiro shakey - surely you must have had one too many before the game - watching it on tv he looked very calm and very assured thought he did well

What a load of rubbish. This was the game that everyone was going to be up for . The biggest team/club in our division. The one home game everyone was waiting for , from the day the fixtures came out. If any one was not going to be up this one then, they should'nt have been on the pitch. These players should not have needed much motivation for today. If GJ had still been in charge he would be getting slaughtered on here for going 2-up then throwing it all away with some poor school boy defending. No doubt there would be a loads calling for his head again. Has any thing changed then? We dropped another 2 points at home and the defence gifted the opposition AGAIN. Well done Millen. The sooner he goes the better. fastasleep.gif

Have to agree with you fatchers.

GJ was slaughtered all season for playing wing backs, some people were on here saying Orr and Mac cant play wing backs but KM picks that formation and everyones saying his tactics were spot on disapointed2se.gif

The players were always going to be up for this game because who we were playing but will they be the same on tues night against Barnsley?? I hope so!!!!!

If the players were "up for it today" they should be ******g ashamed of themselves for not trying hard enough in recent games. Therefore they do not deserve our praise one bit.

If players lack direction, don't know what theire jobs are, and have no game plan too follow, it can look like they are not 'up for it'.

Against Newcastle, I thought KM set them up in way where they knew what their jobs were, and they seemed happy with it, i.e suck 'em in and use Maynard and Haynes pace. For the first time, in a long time, it was easy to detect the tactics, well done Keith.

If players lack direction, don't know what theire jobs are, and have no game plan too follow, it can look like they are not 'up for it'.

Against Newcastle, I thought KM set them up in way where they knew what their jobs were, and they seemed happy with it, i.e suck 'em in and use Maynard and Haynes pace. For the first time, in a long time, it was easy to detect the tactics, well done Keith.

Totally agree, and deserves praise for the brave selection of Riberio. Like the man himself said we need wins ASAP to get to safety then "enjoy" the rest of the season. I think we need to look for the long term with the appointment but nevertheless he rightly gets a pat on the back.

Have to agree with you fatchers.

GJ was slaughtered all season for playing wing backs, some people were on here saying Orr and Mac cant play wing backs but KM picks that formation and everyones saying his tactics were spot on disapointed2se.gif

The players were always going to be up for this game because who we were playing but will they be the same on tues night against Barnsley?? I hope so!!!!!

McAllister

Carey

Nyatanga

Ribeiro

Last time I checked that was a back four, not wing backs. Swap McAllister for Skuse second half and it is still a back four...

Can't believe people have criticised his decision to push Maynard left late on. It was obvious Newcastle's full-backs were utilising the space they had with our midfield shape. It was the right decision to try and hold onto the point at that time and playing Sproule and Maynard either side made it difficult for Newcastle to repeatedly threaten in those areas as they had started to do.

We all know Maynard isn't the best defensively but sometimes you have to make sacrifices for the team. I though that was a pretty sensible one to be honest.

I thought the players and supporters were great.

I thoroughly enjoyed the day. It would have been brilliant to hold on to the win, but to be honest before the game I thought even a draw was a bit optimistic.

I am really looking forward to the Barnsley game.

Well thank you for summing up the day looking forward to the Barnsley game ,well done Keith Millen natty suit .

Like I said last week, Keith Millen has one of the best reputations in the game. You can't blame him for any of the football played under GJ. Everyone should know by now it was GJ's way or the highway. He has already proven with the squad he picked against Newcastle that he would of done things differently. Well done Keith, and hopefully you can still be involved with the club when the new man arrives.

:winner_third_h4h:

Maybe I'm missing something?

Johnson would have been slaughtered for us defending for 80 minutes. Ribiero looked shakey.

how much smoke you had? Ribs looked far from shakey, an impressive debut for him.

Fair play Millen got it right, the teams confidence will be on the up, and Sno will be getting his match fitness now

Archived