IGNORED

New Manager

Modestant

as far as i understand walsh was sole charge of reserves. he had no responsabilty of first team issues. only to play senior players coming back from injury

He's listed on the website as "Development Coach", so perhaps you are right. In which case your argument makes more sense.

However, I still have no problem with Millen staying until a new man comes in, who will make the decision either to work with Millen or to replace him. Assuming a respectable manager is employed, we should be able to respect whatever decision he makes with regard to Millen.

He's listed on the website as "Development Coach", so perhaps you are right. In which case your argument makes more sense.

However, I still have no problem with Millen staying until a new man comes in, who will make the decision either to work with Millen or to replace him. Assuming a respectable manager is employed, we should be able to respect whatever decision he makes with regard to Millen.

Im hoping when new manager comes in hes first to go

Don`t forget Keith Millen was part of the double act. Forget about Keith being the long term manager it will not happen.

Bringing in Ribeiro was a publicity stunt that not surprisingly paid off.

At half time I thought Gary Johnson was re-employed. Putting Skuse at left back to bring on Sno brought back memories of Wembley play-off final when Elliott was taken out of his strongest position to play right back in place of the injured Orr.

No doubt all the players showed more determination than that what I witnessed at Reading, maybe because of the Sky cameras or/and the potential new manager was watching. They all need to show the same comittment for the remaining 8 games.

We need a proven manager at Championship level or higher to take us forward. We have a lot of very good players young and old to take us further.

Absolute rubbish, not even close to being a publicity stunt. Ribbs was ready a year ago, before he got that bad injury .......... he's the only one of our defenders with any real pace now, and our right side looked more secure with Brad playing in front of him ........ . as Ribbs said in his interview ...... it was overdue

ask 12000+ fans. so your saying PJ. KM, were not to blame.and GJ.did all his own scouting.and KM. did not have some say in team selection

Of course KM had in put into the selection but he wouldn't have had final say, that would be GJ's, KM couldn't over ride his boss. I also think that if GJ had been in charge on saturday we'd have had the Giraffe up front and not the nippy combo of Haynes and Maynard, and a back 4 without Ribeiro on the pitch.

ask 12000+ fans. so your saying PJ. KM, were not to blame.and GJ.did all his own scouting.and KM. did not have some say in team selection

Why do I even come on OTIB. Just go away, you're spouting absolute ****. What on earth is wrong with KM? He's done a very good job in what's only his 2nd game as a manager, against top of the table opponents. Idiot.

Why do I even come on OTIB. Just go away, you're spouting absolute ****. What on earth is wrong with KM? He's done a very good job in what's only his 2nd game as a manager, against top of the table opponents. Idiot.

same things were said after WBA game. look where GJ is now

But we've had plenty of time to judge Gary. Keith Millen has had one game as manager and done extremely well in it. I suppose you'll want our new manager sacked if he loses his first game?

NO.but i bet when the new manager comes in atleast 5 or 6 of present players will not be here next season.dont forget KM was hear when tinman was sacked. he servived that aswell.so i think millen had enough time also

NO.but i bet when the new manager comes in atleast 5 or 6 of present players will not be here next season.dont forget KM was hear when tinman was sacked. he servived that aswell.so i think millen had enough time also

You didn't answer my question. What if the new manager wants to keep Millen?

not saying that. millen . pj. and gj. were all to blame. whats wrong with alan walsh as c/manager on a temporary basis

Firstly, Millen cannot get the managers job, end of story. We all kow it, and im fairly certain he wont.

Secondly, letting him go the same time as GJ would have been crazy. Part of a "double act"...maybe, but Im fairly certain that GJ's way of "my way or the high way", wasnt just with the players. The way that the team was run was Garys way, his decisions....and no one elses.

Finally, dont forget Millen is one of the few coaches in ENGLAND who has the highest coaching badge you can get. This isnt fantasy football, I dont know what Alan Walshs credentials are....but im happy with Millen to be in charge until we find our new man.

Millen will go on to manage his own team in the near future, it just wont be ours. A lot of people felt GJ needed to go to freshen it up, he has gone....change comes over time though, you cannot just rip out the foundations of the club all at once, it will come crashing down. Barnsley at home tommorow, get behind Millen and the team, get 3 points....and lets secujre Championship football asap!! As soon as this is done, we can start preparing for a future under our new manager

But we've had plenty of time to judge Gary. Keith Millen has had one game as manager and done extremely well in it. I suppose you'll want our new manager sacked if he loses his first game?

I'd say Millen had a very good first half, and not such a good second half.

GJ was also well known for getting the team to play well for half a game at a time, so not much change there.

Millen has apparently not ruled himself out of applying for the full time job but I'd hope there is no chance of him being successful - it would be madness to consider turning down a number of apparently excellent applicants and appoint the previous managers' coach instead.

Someone completely unassociated with GJ's regime is now needed to take the club forward.

Firstly, Millen cannot get the managers job, end of story. We all kow it, and im fairly certain he wont.

Secondly, letting him go the same time as GJ would have been crazy. Part of a "double act"...maybe, but Im fairly certain that GJ's way of "my way or the high way", wasnt just with the players. The way that the team was run was Garys way, his decisions....and no one elses.

Finally, dont forget Millen is one of the few coaches in ENGLAND who has the highest coaching badge you can get. This isnt fantasy football, I dont know what Alan Walshs credentials are....but im happy with Millen to be in charge until we find our new man.

Millen will go on to manage his own team in the near future, it just wont be ours. A lot of people felt GJ needed to go to freshen it up, he has gone....change comes over time though, you cannot just rip out the foundations of the club all at once, it will come crashing down. Barnsley at home tommorow, get behind Millen and the team, get 3 points....and lets secujre Championship football asap!! As soon as this is done, we can start preparing for a future under our new manager

Can you delete this immediately please - far too sensible... innocent06.gif

I'd like to see KM given to the end of the season and hopefully give himself every opportunity to get the job on a full time basis. I'm not saying he's my number one choice, but from now till the end of the season should give us an idea of what he would be like in the hot seat on a permanent basis. The decision to bring in Ribeiro was inspired and I'm glad it paid off for him.

Sort of agree,but can SL afford to let that happen?

KM could end up doing a decent job, but will he put bum,s on seats?

Thats a big fat NO and only a new high profile manager could do that. It has been stated we are the best part of nearly 6000 down on season ticket sales (so far) and it would be nothing short of a disaster if we didint get at least the same as our current season.

The right man, could even take us beyond that figure

Sort of agree,but can SL afford to let that happen?

KM could end up doing a decent job, but will he put bum,s on seats?

Thats a big fat NO and only a new high profile manager could do that. It has been stated we are the best part of nearly 6000 down on season ticket sales (so far) and it would be nothing short of a disaster if we didint get at least the same as our current season.

The right man, could even take us beyond that figure

Well Arn, you could say if Millen does well bums on seats will be a formality.. and pay on the day would prove far more lucrative for the club then.

I'm torn.. maybe we could look to a set up similar to the gas? A high profile old wise head guiding millien? :dunno:

Sno has played on the left previously so I can't see that it was too much of a mistake.

Sno has played on the left for long enough for us to know it doesn't work. A forward position in central midfield, behind faster strikers, is the only position he's looked comfortable in.

By bringing him on at half-time, Millen basically gave us 10 men for the next 48 minutes. Maybe it was partly due to him not being match fit, but I think as much as anything it was him being played out of position. A very familiar feeling!

Also WTF was happening for the last 15 minuttes, with Maynard seemingly being told to drop deep and play as a left back and the non-flying Dutchman being left up front to lumber unsuccessfully towards any loose balls.

Well Arn, you could say if Millen does well bums on seats will be a formality.. and pay on the day would prove far more lucrative for the club then.

I'm torn.. maybe we could look to a set up similar to the gas? A high profile old wise head guiding millien? dunno.gif

Exactly. None of wants to see us lose, and are desperate to get away from the relegation area, but a decent string of results may in KM getting the job.

Tough one aint it

Exactly. None of wants to see us lose, and are desperate to get away from the relegation area, but a decent string of results may in KM getting the job.

Tough one aint it

Shouldn't be Arn - that would just mean he'd done his caretaker job of steadying the ship short term.

It wouldn't mean the players would respond to him in the longer term or that he'd be the personality to fulfil the club's lofty aspirations for the next 5 years.

If the quality of applicants had been poor then maybe it would be understandable to go with the perceived ' safe option', but we know that's far from the case and SL would seem to have an abundance of managerial riches to choose from.

Personally, I hope he makes a dynamic choice that will galvanise the fans, and the club as a whole.

Archived