IGNORED

New Manager

Modestant

Realistically, how long do you think it will be until there is an appointment? We are in trouble, and as impressive as we looked yesterday (first half anyway), I think we need someone with more bite, nastiness and experience than Keith Millen to guide us to safety.

Realistically, how long do you think it will be until there is an appointment? We are in trouble, and as impressive as we looked yesterday (first half anyway), I think we need someone with more bite, nastiness and experience than Keith Millen to guide us to safety.

I think it would pay to stick with Milly until the end of the season and take time over the appointment, realistically I think we are safe from relegation and will pick up the points over the course of the next three games to ensure this proves the case.

The way Steve was talking yesterday it sounds like the ball is in his court, he can take as long as he likes and, as he said, he will make an appointment accordingly sooner should results dictate that. However it sounds like we could still end up with a top man in charge from the way he was talking about the calibre already in the shop-window. Really no point in worrying about it.

I'd like to see KM given to the end of the season and hopefully give himself every opportunity to get the job on a full time basis. I'm not saying he's my number one choice, but from now till the end of the season should give us an idea of what he would be like in the hot seat on a permanent basis. The decision to bring in Ribeiro was inspired and I'm glad it paid off for him.

I'd like to see KM given to the end of the season and hopefully give himself every opportunity to get the job on a full time basis. I'm not saying he's my number one choice, but from now till the end of the season should give us an idea of what he would be like in the hot seat on a permanent basis. The decision to bring in Ribeiro was inspired and I'm glad it paid off for him.

Don`t forget Keith Millen was part of the double act. Forget about Keith being the long term manager it will not happen.

Bringing in Ribeiro was a publicity stunt that not surprisingly paid off.

At half time I thought Gary Johnson was re-employed. Putting Skuse at left back to bring on Sno brought back memories of Wembley play-off final when Elliott was taken out of his strongest position to play right back in place of the injured Orr.

No doubt all the players showed more determination than that what I witnessed at Reading, maybe because of the Sky cameras or/and the potential new manager was watching. They all need to show the same comittment for the remaining 8 games.

We need a proven manager at Championship level or higher to take us forward. We have a lot of very good players young and old to take us further.

Although it may sound harsh I don't think we should leave KM in charge for too long.

I think his decision to bring on sno at half time when you could see he wasn't fully match fit was a bit of a mistake and not one a more established manager at this level would make.

I'm not jumping on the band wagon moaning about sno, he gets in all the right positions and when he's not fully fit he's going to give the ball away.

Although it may sound harsh I don't think we should leave KM in charge for too long.

I think his decision to bring on sno at half time when you could see he wasn't fully match fit was a bit of a mistake and not one a more established manager at this level would make.

I'm not jumping on the band wagon moaning about sno, he gets in all the right positions and when he's not fully fit he's going to give the ball away.

The only other real option was to bring LJ in on the left, not sure if that would've worked. Sno has played on the left previously so I can't see that it was too much of a mistake.

keeping millen in charge until the end of the season is just pure stupid!

a new manager needs to come in asap so he has a decent number of games to look at the players here, see what he likes/dont like and plan for next season over the summer.

what is the point of keeping millen in place???

totally agree. we need a new man sooner rather than later. especially if we dont win on tues.

we need the reaction that most new managers get (ie. a couple of wins) to get us over the safety line sooner rather than later. if we are still looking over our shoulders with just a few games left some weird stuff can happen and i have no urge to see us trotting out at huish park and the minimal stadium next season.

but also its vital that a new an can have a good look at the players prior to the summer break. rather than coming in cold in june or something.

If you looked at the bench their was no defenders, wether or not that was good tatics the only option was to play skuse at left back and Sno is the kind of player who can keep posession. The only other option would of been Johnson, who does loose the ball alot and isnt the best at playing simple. I thought it wasnt bad desision. The only mistake was not bringing Sproule on for Haynes earlier, you could tell he was tiring around 60 mins and their defence couldnt handle pace, except Enrique.

keeping millen in charge until the end of the season is just pure stupid!

a new manager needs to come in asap so he has a decent number of games to look at the players here, see what he likes/dont like and plan for next season over the summer.

what is the point of keeping millen in place???

Agreed, sooner the better. And in the summer, everyone can go on their hols without any cloud of uncertainty.

I can't see us making an appointment till the end of the season. That's because I think SL will look to bring in a 'big name' manager, and has every chance of doing so as we will be an attractive proposition no doubt - but the problem, IMO, is that any 'big name' managers won't want to comit to us till they're sure that we'll be playing championship football next season!

I can't see us making an appointment till the end of the season. That's because I think SL will look to bring in a 'big name' manager, and has every chance of doing so as we will be an attractive proposition no doubt - but the problem, IMO, is that any 'big name' managers won't want to comit to us till they're sure that we'll be playing championship football next season!

Yes, fair point. Let's hope for a couple of quick wins then! :pray:

Don`t forget Keith Millen was part of the double act. Forget about Keith being the long term manager it will not happen.

Bringing in Ribeiro was a publicity stunt that not surprisingly paid off.

At half time I thought Gary Johnson was re-employed. Putting Skuse at left back to bring on Sno brought back memories of Wembley play-off final when Elliott was taken out of his strongest position to play right back in place of the injured Orr.

No doubt all the players showed more determination than that what I witnessed at Reading, maybe because of the Sky cameras or/and the potential new manager was watching. They all need to show the same comittment for the remaining 8 games.

We need a proven manager at Championship level or higher to take us forward. We have a lot of very good players young and old to take us further.

Erm..... not really, Fontaine was injured and asumming he'd decided he was going with the 1st half 5-3-2 then it was either Rib's or James Wilson (who still may be injured) so not really a publicity stunt more who ever's fit. Glad for Ribero tho and the guy done well. Same when JMc went off, surley you could see he was carrying a injury?? And as Fonts was out he had to improvise and Skusey never let us down tho i agree we lost a little impact in midfield when he went to LB. Can't believe some people when they ignore the obvious fact and dream up some bizzare story behind subs....

Erm..... not really, Fontaine was injured and asumming he'd decided he was going with the 1st half 5-3-2 then it was either Rib's or James Wilson (who still may be injured) so not really a publicity stunt more who ever's fit.

True, but would Johnson have gone with 5-3-2 knowing it would mean playing Riberio? This can't be the first time this season that one of the first choice centre halves has been unavailable and Christian hasn't got a game because Johnson has opted to play with a back 4 instead.

If we collect less than 3 points from the next two games I think we'll get a name before Forest

4 points and it could be Milly till the end of the season

The way Steve L was talking on TV the other day, he see's no point in appointing someone "just till the end of the season"

Get someone in now who will assess the squad and bring in/ship out who they want in the summer!

I don't think that'll be the case. We're not really in serious risk of going down - there are too many other clubs in a worse position than us and we've shown enough to pick up points. No, I think it's likely SL will look to appoint someone in the next couple of weeks to give them the opportunity to assess the current players before making some changes in the summer. Also, if the job does look an attractive proposition I don't think someone would necessary pass up the opportunity by waiting and seeing when he knows there's others lining up to take the job now.

I don't think that'll be the case. We're not really in serious risk of going down - there are too many other clubs in a worse position than us and we've shown enough to pick up points. No, I think it's likely SL will look to appoint someone in the next couple of weeks to give them the opportunity to assess the current players before making some changes in the summer. Also, if the job does look an attractive proposition I don't think someone would necessary pass up the opportunity by waiting and seeing when he knows there's others lining up to take the job now.

Agreed but there are far too many doom and gloom merchants on here who are convinced we will go down so you are banging your head against a brick wall. I wonder if people actually look at the teams below us, Watford and Sheff Weds to name just two are teams that are playing a lot worse than us at present. Bearing in mind there are about 6 teams fighting to avoid just one relegation spot im 100% sure we wont go down.

I think if O'Neil resigned and pleads with SL to take him on then yes, make the apointment. ...Otherwise stick with Millie till end of season, then who knows, not long now is there and KM knows the club, knows the players and knows what we need to do.

Quite honestly, I don't care about our next gaffer, SL will ensure he's the best candidate, just leave it to SL to sort out.

you would realy like milly incharge till end of season. well i still still think he should have gone when GJ went.what your saying is. he shoulders no blame.

very happen with Keith until the end of the season, we aren't going anywhere and also SL will have a better idea of who he wants.

Confirmed championship status next season may attract some even bigger names then curbs (mclaren maybe) we'll see

4 points from the next 2 games and we are safe, that is more than achieveable :)

very happen with Keith until the end of the season, we aren't going anywhere and also SL will have a better idea of who he wants.

Confirmed championship status next season may attract some even bigger names then curbs (mclaren maybe) we'll see

4 points from the next 2 games and we are safe, that is more than achieveable :)

lets see how many fans will be calling for his head IF and i mean IF we loose the next 2 or 3 games

Even if there was great urgency to appoint a new manager it would still take a minimum of 2 to 3 weeks. Sifting through the applicants, drawing up a shortlist, making and arrangeing interviews, seeing the candidates ect, ect.

Millen is likely to be in charge for the next 4 or 5 games. By then depending on how results have gone he'll decide whether to apply or not. If he decides not to apply then the new bloke is likely to have around 3 games to see his new players. Hopefully by then City will be way above the drop zone.

The important thing now is not to speculate wildly about who the new manager might be and concentrate on Millen and the players to see us safe. The new man will arrive in due course.

Steve Lansdown has already said that the quality of the applicationis very high, so we can all relax knowing that whoever the new bloke is, he'll be come with a decent CV.

not saying that. millen . pj. and gj. were all to blame. whats wrong with alan walsh as c/manager on a temporary basis

Why is Millen to blame but Walsh escapes? They're both coaches, and if Millen was the defensive coach then logically speaking Walsh must have been responsible for the attack, which has been poor for longer than the defence.

If you have such a problem with Millen then logically that should extend to the rest of the coaching staff.

Why is Millen to blame but Walsh escapes? They're both coaches, and if Millen was the defensive coach then logically speaking Walsh must have been responsible for the attack, which has been poor for longer than the defence.

If you have such a problem with Millen then logically that should extend to the rest of the coaching staff.

as far as i understand walsh was sole charge of reserves. he had no responsabilty of first team issues. only to play senior players coming back from injury

Archived